imfdb.org

imfdb.org (http://forum.imfdb.org/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://forum.imfdb.org/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   New Video Games/ Movies (http://forum.imfdb.org/showthread.php?t=1091)

S&Wshooter 05-15-2011 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Excalibur (Post 29194)
We could try coop. Would be fun to play with someone else for once.

OK, you could PM me your Gamertag if you want to

Be forewarned though: I have a bad connection and lag a little bit, which makes things somewhat more difficult than they should be

Mandolin1 05-16-2011 04:21 PM

I watched Die Hard 2 recently and saw 2 plot holes that I've never seen mentioned:
1. The bad guys plan rellys entirly on the police deliberatly violating the entire Posse Comittus (sp) act, which says (basicly) that the millitary can't be used in an LEO capacity in the US. The FBI Hostage Resque Team should have been called in.

2. Even if the bad guy plan worked perfectly, they are still hours of flight time from anywhere not US, let alone "dosn't have extradition", meeaning that they will be intercepted by fighters and ordered to turn back or be shot down.

Other peeves: On an airport with numrous aircraft on the ground, why can't the airport personel talk to the planes in the air or track down the bad guy's signal? Why is there only one guard on the airplane carrying the general? With that little security, he could have had a parachute smuggle on board and jumped after killing the guard, letting the empty plane continue to Dulles.

Never mind. I should stop thinking now.

funkychinaman 05-17-2011 05:28 AM

Law & Order: LA got cancelled. I'm sad, but not surprised. Personally, I think they should've given it another half season, at the very least. They just brought back the reconfigured show what, three weeks ago?

I know it's wishful thinking, but I can't help but notice that none of the other original L&O actors were committed to shows this year. Maybe...

AdAstra2009 05-17-2011 06:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mandolin1 (Post 29246)
I watched Die Hard 2 recently and saw 2 plot holes that I've never seen mentioned:
1. The bad guys plan rellys entirly on the police deliberatly violating the entire Posse Comittus (sp) act, which says (basicly) that the millitary can't be used in an LEO capacity in the US. The FBI Hostage Resque Team should have been called in.

YES

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mandolin1 (Post 29246)
2. Even if the bad guy plan worked perfectly, they are still hours of flight time from anywhere not US, let alone "dosn't have extradition", meeaning that they will be intercepted by fighters and ordered to turn back or be shot down.

They still had control of the tower comms so they still had those still flying above Dulles as hostages essentially

Gunmaster45 05-18-2011 09:26 PM

L.A. Noire is finally out. Been waiting for this game for a while, looks promising. It mixes the CSI game formula (except makes it good) with the Red Dead Redemption/GTA free roam play. Also, interrigations.

I need to buy this game ASAP.

Swordfish941 05-18-2011 09:30 PM

I have started to watch the re-imagined version of Battlestar Galactica. It's pretty good.

Excalibur 05-18-2011 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swordfish941 (Post 29322)
I have started to watch the re-imagined version of Battlestar Galactica. It's pretty good.

Keep watching it. It's a really good series

Spartan198 05-19-2011 05:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gunmaster45 (Post 29321)
Also, interrigations.

http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/2272/punsger1.jpg

Yes, interrogations can be fun.

Gunmaster45 05-19-2011 05:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spartan198 (Post 29330)

There is much win in this post, good sir.

Sadly, it's more a simple matter of deciding if they are telling the truth, if they are lying, or to bluff and see if they spill something, based on reading their facial reactions to questions you ask them. It's not as exciting as say... shoving someone through a wood chipper or feeding them to a shark, but it has its appeal.

S&Wshooter 05-21-2011 01:32 AM

I just started L.A. Confidential and I have a feeling that I am going to really like it