imfdb.org

imfdb.org (http://forum.imfdb.org/index.php)
-   Just Guns (http://forum.imfdb.org/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Almost Puked while browsing colt website (http://forum.imfdb.org/showthread.php?t=1162)

Gunmaster45 07-25-2010 04:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PersonOfInterest (Post 16052)
Correct. We have a winner. Congratulations.

I came late to this thread, but I noticed it right away that it's missing the stock adjuster, I was hoping nobody else would see it though so I could win the prize.

PersonOfInterest 07-25-2010 04:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gunmaster45 (Post 16070)
I came late to this thread, but I noticed it right away that it's missing the stock adjuster, I was hoping nobody else would see it though so I could win the prize.

You are truly the gun master, master of guns.

k9870 07-25-2010 11:34 AM

Back to the topic, who else felt a part of them die when they saw what colt did to that poor 1911?

Swordfish941 07-25-2010 01:08 PM

This is Friggin' Blasphemy!

MoviePropMaster2008 07-25-2010 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PersonOfInterest (Post 16043)
And how am I doing that?

Wow, you ARE dense. Taking someone else's original photograph and 'fixing' it in photoshop is a copyright violation. Especially when the actual PHOTOGRAPHER is right here in front of you. Try doing that with a photograph by Diane Arbus or Annie Liebowitz or Robert Capa.

Sure as long as the image is 'in fun' and goes nowhere else, it's probably not a big deal, but you copied the original COPYRIGHTED image (look at the pics, they are not only digitally copyrighted, but have an obvious license to IMFDB statement on the pics), renamed the files and parked them somewhere else.

You really do not understand how the world works? Do you? Yeah sure, people violate copyright all the time on the net, just like they all exceed the speed limit and jaywalk everyday. But guess what? You can get nailed for it too. Just depends on the time and the place and whether or not it's worth pursuing legal action.

Some IMFDB members have stopped making 'frankengun' hybrids out of my photos because (1) I asked them to and they respected that request and (2) it's a technical violation of North American Copyright law. Next time you do that, take the pics yourself and then you can alter it all you want. At least YOU will be doing most of the real work. Not someone else.

PersonOfInterest 07-25-2010 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MoviePropMaster2008 (Post 16082)
Wow, you ARE dense. Taking someone else's original photograph and 'fixing' it in photoshop is a copyright violation. Especially when the actual PHOTOGRAPHER is right here in front of you. Try doing that with a photograph by Diane Arbus or Annie Liebowitz or Robert Capa.

Sure as long as the image is 'in fun' and goes nowhere else, it's probably not a big deal, but you copied the original COPYRIGHTED image (look at the pics, they are not only digitally copyrighted, but have an obvious license to IMFDB statement on the pics), renamed the files and parked them somewhere else.

You really do not understand how the world works? Do you? Yeah sure, people violate copyright all the time on the net, just like they all exceed the speed limit and jaywalk everyday. But guess what? You can get nailed for it too. Just depends on the time and the place and whether or not it's worth pursuing legal action.

Some IMFDB members have stopped making 'frankengun' hybrids out of my photos because (1) I asked them to and they respected that request and (2) it's a technical violation of North American Copyright law. Next time you do that, take the pics yourself and then you can alter it all you want. At least YOU will be doing most of the real work. Not someone else.

It must make you so furious to see people driving 36 in a 35.

k9870 07-25-2010 09:06 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Whats wrong with this gun?

http://forum.imfdb.org/attachment.ph...5&d=1280091967

S&Wshooter 07-25-2010 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by k9870 (Post 16086)

Everything

k9870 07-25-2010 09:26 PM

I personally think theres a lot of mall ninjas that want that in a video game

S&Wshooter 07-25-2010 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by k9870 (Post 16088)
I personally think theres a lot of mall ninjas that want that in a video game

But mall ninjas are retarded, so who cares other than video game developers?