imfdb.org

imfdb.org (http://forum.imfdb.org/index.php)
-   Just Guns (http://forum.imfdb.org/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Gun purchases thread. (http://forum.imfdb.org/showthread.php?t=1842)

Jcordell 06-26-2018 02:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StanTheMan (Post 44079)
For a long while I've only ever handled or shot guns, even technically possessed them. But now I have finally taken the plunge of being an 'evil' firearms owner. And so to show what I hope will be the start of many to come.

First, a Smith revolver. Always intended to make one of them my first handgun, and really couldn't ask for more. Was planning on a 686, but this boy was there at a damn nice price and for its age is still sharp and tight. The nickle finish is still quite solid. My idea of a fidget spinner. :p

(Mind the crappy cell phone images.. Hey, its what I got!)

Smith & Wesson Model 13-1
http://www.imfdb.org/images/c/cd/SWModel13-1N.jpg

And I was lucky enough to then spot this about a hundred below the norm, all new in-box. Wasn't cleaned out so had to hit it up too. Just in case I have to go all Alternate 1985 Strickland on some slackers.

http://www.imfdb.org/images/a/ac/Moss500PStd.jpg

A nickel plated Model 13. Very cool indeed.

StanTheMan 06-26-2018 03:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jcordell (Post 44405)
A nickel plated Model 13. Very cool indeed.

I agree. Hence why I got it. Everybody seems to enjoy it. Not that I'm planning to let go of it, at least not anytime soon - but still get a kick out of that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by AdAstra2009 (Post 44403)
Nice start for some first guns Stan.

Thanks, we all gotta start somewhere.

I also agree that H&R is a nice little spinner as well.

S&Wshooter 07-10-2018 02:34 AM

I got a Taurus 605 as an alternate carry gun/gun to leave at my friend's just in case (later on down the line I'm going to put together a bag of stuff like clothes, spare glasses, etc). It shoots well, is way better made than similar Taurus offerings of the past decade, and 100% definitely needs some new grips because it's much too small for me to get a good hold of. I have a holster, speedloaders, and a speedloader carrier on the way

MT2008 11-28-2018 12:19 AM

My 9mm Glock collection is finally complete*: I finally found a Glock 19 Gen 2. It's an LEO trade-in gun, so it has a bit of wear, but I'm happy to have it. It was apparently made during the 1994-2004 AWB, as it came with an LE stamped magazine. I'll post pics later.

* No, I don't yet have the -43, the -45, the -17L, or the myriad variations of the 9mm models (i.e. any of the "C" models). But, at least I now have the four major 9mm model sizes: service (-17), compact (-19), carry (-26), and competition/tactical (-34), so I doubt I'll get any others.

Excalibur 11-28-2018 10:30 PM

I've been thinking about selling my G43

S&Wshooter 01-05-2019 06:14 AM

Traded my Browning SA-22 to my father for my grandfather's Remington Speedmaster. Shot it a little, so far so good

Rockwolf66 01-29-2019 04:46 AM

Not a complete firearm but I did score an 'A2 upper with an 11.5" barrel for my AR15 pistol. Originally it had a 5.5" flash suppressor seemingly pinned and soldered on. In sanding off the finish of the base of the Flash suppressor no pin was found. After cutting and grinding off the flash suppressor(Without fragging up the threads no less) it was discovered that it had been epoxied on. Upper then got a thorough cleaning as inside it was filthy. Once clean it passed a quick 20 round function test with flying brass.

Removing the hand guard indicates that the barrel is a thicker 'A2 style to boot.

MT2008 03-02-2019 06:50 PM

It's official: After putting aside money from every paycheck for the better part of a year, I finally purchased a Geissele Upper Receiver Group Improved (URGI) just today, though I won't actually receive it until almost the end of the month. I'm finally going to start building my M4 Block III clone (yes, I know that it's still an unofficial designation right now, but I think everyone's expectation is that the URGI will become the basis of SOPMOD Block III).

I'm planning to buy a new lower receiver instead of retrofitting the URGI to the lower from my DPMS AR-15 that I bought in 2010, so I'm taking recommendations on new late-2010s lowers if anyone has any. I saw on YouTube that Garand Thumb set up his URGI on a Radian lower, but I've seen mixed reviews in my research so far, so I dunno if I'll buy one of those. I do expect that, like him, I'll choose a B5 stock, though.

Rockwolf66 03-27-2019 03:42 AM

I just ordered a S&W Model 629 Classic.

If I can get a second complete AR15 I am thinking one in 9mm Built by Sasquatch arms of Grants Pass. They are much cheaper than a Noveske and they are dominating the local firearms competitions.

MT2008 05-04-2019 07:01 PM

I had a bit of a supplier problem for the Geissele URGI (as in, ran out of stock after I sent in my order). So, it never came, and I was refunded in full.

It's actually not the worst thing because Brownell's had a sale on the Daniel Defense M4A1 SOPMOD Block II clone build, so I wound up buying that instead, in light of my current interest in that particular build. My rifle is currently fitted with an EOTech XPS-3-0, Surefire M600DF, VTAC sling on QD swivels, and tons of Magpul accessories (MBUS sights, RVG, ladder rail covers, etc.) I'll post pics in a bit.

I need recommendations for a new charging handle and bolt extension. I was thinking about buying a BCM Gunfighter for the charging handle. For the bolt release, I thought about a Magpul BAD, but it seems as though the YouTube video reviewers I've watched have stories about them coming loose without LocTite.