imfdb.org

imfdb.org (http://forum.imfdb.org/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://forum.imfdb.org/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   New Video Games/ Movies (http://forum.imfdb.org/showthread.php?t=1091)

Spartan198 11-23-2017 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by commando552 (Post 43908)
I think the logic behind the gambling thing is just that it "glorifies" gambling. In a kid friendly game like Pokemon I can understand people having an issue with stuff like this, but in a Mature (17+) rated game like GTA that has the player character murdering people and stealing shit, I think the gambling is pretty low down on the "corrupting of the youth" scale.

I'm hoping someone has the common sense to distinguish between such situations, just not optimistic considering how legislators rarely have any such common sense.

Spartan198 12-14-2017 05:59 AM

The Hunt has begun...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cokpaG9SyiE

And, yes, it's legit.

Excalibur 12-15-2017 09:06 PM

I got a Switch for my birthday present with Zelda

Spartan198 12-20-2017 03:51 PM

Bought Homefront: The Revolution on a whim. Not a bad game and while the weapon customization isn't bad, I would have preferred more usable weapons. And I don't really feel first person view works well in open world games.

Evil Tim 12-21-2017 06:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spartan198 (Post 43949)
Bought Homefront: The Revolution on a whim. Not a bad game and while the weapon customization isn't bad, I would have preferred more usable weapons. And I don't really feel first person view works well in open world games.

Look for some videos closer to release to see why it got such a negative press, it was buggy as hell when it first came out.

Excalibur 12-21-2017 07:44 PM

Anybody's thoughts on the new Sicario trailer that just dropped

BlackHawk510 12-21-2017 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Excalibur (Post 43956)
Anybody's thoughts on the new Sicario trailer that just dropped

Everyone on /k/ started quoting this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRRwbhN4-sU When Benicio Del Toro started Bumpfiring the 92FS.

That being said,

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA THAT SHOT OF THE UH60s CHASING DOWN THE TWO VEHICLES HOLY SHIT

If there's a scene that's ANYWHERE near as good as the border crossing scene from the first movie, I'mma lose my shit. And the fact that Jeffrey Donovan's character has returned is downright awesome.

Spartan198 12-24-2017 09:20 PM

Downloaded and played a free trial of Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus. Didn't care for it. Was gonna download AA: Proving Grounds, but found out the game only has training missions and a shoot house that can be played solo which means not worth my time.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackHawk510 (Post 43957)
Everyone on /k/ started quoting this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRRwbhN4-sU When Benicio Del Toro started Bumpfiring the 92FS.

Why would one even do that, though?

Evil Tim 12-25-2017 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spartan198 (Post 43959)
Downloaded and played a free trial of Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus. Didn't care for it.

Apparently it got screwed over because rather than trying to, you know, finish making the game, some senior figures on the team thought it was a much better idea to pull an eleventh-hour rewrite so they could tell us all their Very Important Opinions About Trump.

S&Wshooter 12-29-2017 08:01 AM

I got, in the past few days

Kingpin: Life of Crime
Killing Floor 2
Rising Storm 2 (got a refund because ran like shit)
Fallout 3 w/ DLCs (with refund)
Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition
The Long Dark

Killing Floor 2 is fun as hell; I love how if you play Gunslinger, you can have 8 pistols

Mandolin 12-30-2017 04:09 AM

Anyone have Hulu? Marvel's Runaways is out and there's been a decent number of guns so far.

funkychinaman 01-12-2018 09:13 PM

This will definitely be a page at one point.

https://deadline.com/2018/01/john-wi...es-1202241870/

Mandolin 01-15-2018 11:41 PM

Hey, I have Hulu for the next month. Anything on there you guys want screencaped before I cancel?

Spartan198 01-16-2018 02:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mandolin (Post 43992)
Hey, I have Hulu for the next month. Anything on there you guys want screencaped before I cancel?

Futurama. :D

funkychinaman 01-16-2018 05:13 AM

Quote:

Has it gotten any easier? Between Netflix, Amazon and Hulu, Hulu was by far the hardest to cap.

funkychinaman 01-16-2018 05:15 AM

Quote:

And although I can't stand the commercials, I think the TV selection at Hulu has vastly improved. Netflix keeps pushing their original programming and letting good shows get away.

Mandolin 01-17-2018 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by funkychinaman (Post 43994)
Has it gotten any easier? Between Netflix, Amazon and Hulu, Hulu was by far the hardest to cap.

I didn't have any issues aside from the player not working that great.

Quote:

Originally Posted by funkychinaman (Post 43995)
And although I can't stand the commercials, I think the TV selection at Hulu has vastly improved. Netflix keeps pushing their original programming and letting good shows get away.

Somehow Hulu has all of L&O: SVU, Netflix only has ~4 seasons.

They both need to get all the series in there entirety

Spartan198 01-18-2018 03:09 PM

Does it have all seven seasons of Futurama? Netflix previously did, but took down the first four.

funkychinaman 01-18-2018 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spartan198 (Post 44002)
Does it have all seven seasons of Futurama? Netflix previously did, but took down the first four.

They have ten seasons worth.

funkychinaman 01-18-2018 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mandolin (Post 44001)

Somehow Hulu has all of L&O: SVU, Netflix only has ~4 seasons.

They both need to get all the series in there entirety

Screw SVU (or, as my MiL calls it, "Rapetown"), somebody, ANYBODY, needs to start streaming the original L&O. Netflix had season 1-8 for a bit, but it went away.

Spartan198 01-18-2018 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by funkychinaman (Post 44003)
They have ten seasons worth.

The show only ran for seven. Four on Fox and three on Comedy Central.

funkychinaman 01-18-2018 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spartan198 (Post 44005)
The show only ran for seven. Four on Fox and three on Comedy Central.

Well, it also says 140 episodes, so that's all of them.

In all fairness, the last two seasons took four years to run.

funkychinaman 01-19-2018 09:45 PM

Hey everybody, remember the love interest in a terrible and forgettable sequel to a so-so action movie from fifteen years ago? Spinoff!

http://variety.com/2018/tv/news/bad-...ot-1202668155/

(Mind you, I like Gabrielle Union. She was easily the best part of the dried up turd that was Bad Boys II. But still...)

StanTheMan 01-21-2018 10:27 PM

Little sidenote from me.. recently got employed back full time on a decent job so getting some spare cash. Got a car to fix up and want to get a new PC but along with all that plan to of course buy a couple pieces finally. Now to the topic itself..

Quote:

Originally Posted by funkychinaman (Post 44004)
Screw SVU (or, as my MiL calls it, "Rapetown"), somebody, ANYBODY, needs to start streaming the original L&O. Netflix had season 1-8 for a bit, but it went away.

Fucking seconded. That said, really need to make a note to break down and hit Sopranos since I got HBO. Been a while since I seen any of it and man could that page use the kind of overhaul job I did for X-Files.

That said, agree about Netflix really pushing their own stuff at the expense of reducing the catalogue on the rest. Might be a good time to give Hulu another try and/or get an Amazon Prime account.

Also, some talk about a new RoboCop film in the works by original writer Ed Neumeier. Which is cool, at least to Robo heads like me. :)

http://www.zgemag.com/biff-2018-interview-ed-neumeier/

funkychinaman 01-22-2018 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StanTheMan (Post 44008)

Also, some talk about a new RoboCop film in the works by original writer Ed Neumeier. Which is cool, at least to Robo heads like me. :)

http://www.zgemag.com/biff-2018-interview-ed-neumeier/

Are we talking about a continuation of the original series or yet another reboot?

Edit: NM, read the article. As I stated earlier, ignoring sequels is a sign of desperation. And I can't imagine Peter Weller coming back.

Swordfish941 01-25-2018 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by funkychinaman (Post 44009)
Edit: NM, read the article. As I stated earlier, ignoring sequels is a sign of desperation. And I can't imagine Peter Weller coming back.

That's why I'm looking forward to The Predator because they're at least acknowledging that Predator 2 happened (with Jake Busey playing the son of Peter Keyes).

And I've started to watch Better Call Saul. Great series so far, and I'm glad we're getting some focus on Mike, one of the most badass characters in television history.

Excalibur 01-27-2018 02:16 AM

I just started a page on Waco

funkychinaman 01-27-2018 03:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Excalibur (Post 44022)
I just started a page on Waco

Between OJ, Tonya Harding, JonBenet Ramsey, the Menendez Bros, the Versace Murder, and now this, everyone is digging deep on nineties nostalgia. I'm guessing someone is bound to cover Timothy McVeigh and Eric Rudolph soon.

StanTheMan 01-27-2018 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by funkychinaman (Post 44009)
Are we talking about a continuation of the original series or yet another reboot?

I would agree, except in this case might be a good move, given the original crew had some frankly much better ideas on how to continue the character than what we got. I get the point about not ignoring the existing continuity, except the existing continuity is primarily a big too-many-cooks-in-the-kitchen mess.

That said, this is something along the lines of the reboot many of us wanted and should have got, rather the the big black rubber dildo distraction four years back. There's so much to do with the original character and I and many have long championed a 'hibernation-resurrection into a future world' setting.

Now prevailing opinion was that it'd be a animated job ala the new Starship Troopers, but it seems it will be a live action project. Which in a way is good, shows there's at least hat much faith in it. Anyway, I agree, much as I love Dr. Weller, all but guaranteed he ain't gonna don the suit again. I will say that with the original writers, it's a good start, adding Verhoeven is possible, but even then there's other directors that would do some good with it. Some details sound crazy but, eh.. Bottom line is keep it what it is, RoboCop - Hard, gritty. Mainly steel and concrete. And with a nice load of some sharp satire.

Quote:

Originally Posted by funkychinaman (Post 44023)
Between OJ, Tonya Harding, JonBenet Ramsey, the Menendez Bros, the Versace Murder, and now this, everyone is digging deep on nineties nostalgia. I'm guessing someone is bound to cover Timothy McVeigh and Eric Rudolph soon.

Lol, yeah, they're pumping that well pretty full-tilt nowadays. Of course when everyone in entertainment has literally run out of ideas (even shitty ones) for this long, was bound to happen. I'm sure they're just happy they were able to trough through all the 80s stuff long enough to where they can say 'oh, now the 90s stuff is ~25 years out, that's old enough!' Bah.

Mandolin 01-28-2018 05:57 AM

Anyone else stating to dislike SEAL Team? The first few episodes were good, but the budget clearly went into them, resulting in a succession of bottle episodes and traipsing around whatever "ruined city" set was available.

Not to mention constantly teasing gunfights that either don't happen at all or are just out of sight.

Excalibur 01-28-2018 06:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mandolin (Post 44035)
Anyone else stating to dislike SEAL Team? The first few episodes were good, but the budget clearly went into them, resulting in a succession of bottle episodes and traipsing around whatever "ruined city" set was available.

Not to mention constantly teasing gunfights that either don't happen at all or are just out of sight.

Also less gun fighting and more like a replacement for The Unit.

Spartan198 02-05-2018 10:23 AM

Not new, but I'm watching High School of the Dead for the first time since Netflix removed it a good number of years back and I forgot just how great it is. Certainly one of the better zombie works out there. Too bad it seems to be dead in the water. Would love to see new episodes.

I also forgot how gratuitous it is with the breast and butt shots. XD

Mandolin 02-06-2018 02:31 AM

So I'm watching Altered Carbon on Netflix and they've clearly dug out the weapons from the "generic sci-fi guns" stock. The usual collection from Blade: Trinity (those things got a lot of mileage), Timecop Beretta, KSG, the usual.

Excalibur 02-06-2018 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spartan198 (Post 44054)
Not new, but I'm watching High School of the Dead for the first time since Netflix removed it a good number of years back and I forgot just how great it is. Certainly one of the better zombie works out there. Too bad it seems to be dead in the water. Would love to see new episodes.

I also forgot how gratuitous it is with the breast and butt shots. XD

Too bad the creator of the manga is dead now so we'll never get to see the end.

Spartan198 02-07-2018 04:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Excalibur (Post 44057)
Too bad the creator of the manga is dead now so we'll never get to see the end.

Really? Oh, man, that sucks. :( Well, at least there's Gate, Black Lagoon (which I didn't see all of due mainly to my on-screen guide not recognizing unaired episodes as new and thus not recording them), Gundam Wing, MSG 08th MS Team, and Sailor Moon* to soften that blow.

And on the topic of Gate, I found myself a little disappointed with the initial battle between the Empire and JSDF in Tokyo. I was expecting an epic curb stomp, only to see a single dragon shot down by a Cobra gunship, then cut to "3 months later". :(

*Don't judge me, I loved this show as a kid.

funkychinaman 02-07-2018 03:16 PM

I wouldn't necessary call it "the franchise’s most popular subseries", but it's certainly the only subseries if we're going to define a series as more than one game.

https://www.polygon.com/2018/2/6/169...ivision-report

Excalibur 02-07-2018 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spartan198 (Post 44059)

And on the topic of Gate, I found myself a little disappointed with the initial battle between the Empire and JSDF in Tokyo. I was expecting an epic curb stomp, only to see a single dragon shot down by a Cobra gunship, then cut to "3 months later". :(

*Don't judge me, I loved this show as a kid.

The manga of Gate is a lot more detailed action and not as PG as the anime. You should look it up.

Evil Tim 02-08-2018 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by funkychinaman (Post 44061)
I wouldn't necessary call it "the franchise’s most popular subseries", but it's certainly the only subseries if we're going to define a series as more than one game.

https://www.polygon.com/2018/2/6/169...ivision-report

Would be nice if they made a Vietnam game where the weapons actually come from that era rather than being the usual suspects.

Excalibur 02-08-2018 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil Tim (Post 44063)
Would be nice if they made a Vietnam game where the weapons actually come from that era rather than being the usual suspects.

It was obvious that the first Black Ops used weapons from previous games and poorly reskin them and on top of that added optics that don't belong to the era.

Funny enough, one of the poster ads for Black Ops have one of the main characters using a rifle that is more appropriate, complete with a Colt scope

Spartan198 02-09-2018 02:57 PM

Well, just finished Gate. Have to say I liked it. It's ... oddly satisfying to watch the Empire's forces get unequivocally decimated at every turn by the JSDF. :D