imfdb.org

imfdb.org (http://forum.imfdb.org/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://forum.imfdb.org/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   New Video Games/ Movies (http://forum.imfdb.org/showthread.php?t=1091)

funkychinaman 08-07-2012 03:22 PM

Okay, back to movies and video games.

Excalibur 08-07-2012 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by funkychinaman (Post 35651)
Okay, back to movies and video games.

Yes, let's do that.

I've just finished watching Total Recall and wow this was a bad idea. A lot of ok visual effects. TOO MANY lens flares. The first 5 minutes of the movie was this strobe light effect that almost gave me a seizure. The ENTIRE police force uses Kriss SMGs and Rhino revolvers.

I've started replaying the Uncharted series. Almost done with the second one

funkychinaman 08-07-2012 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Excalibur (Post 35654)
Yes, let's do that.

I've just finished watching Total Recall and wow this was a bad idea. A lot of ok visual effects. TOO MANY lens flares. The first 5 minutes of the movie was this strobe light effect that almost gave me a seizure. The ENTIRE police force uses Kriss SMGs and Rhino revolvers.

I would've thought all the criticism that the lastStar Trek film got would've made filmmakers reconsider on lens flare.

Swordfish941 08-07-2012 09:14 PM

I just beat Borderlands today!! :) Now I have to wait a few more months for the next one. :(

Spartan198 08-07-2012 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Excalibur (Post 35654)

Uncharted gets better and better with each installment. Hopefully ND can continue this trend with the eventual Uncharted 4.

S&Wshooter 08-07-2012 10:25 PM

I bought The Killer and Last Action Hero yesterday

I really like The Killer. I'll probably end up buying many more "Heroic Bloodshed" films.

funkychinaman 08-07-2012 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by S&Wshooter (Post 35659)
I bought The Killer and Last Action Hero yesterday

I really like The Killer. I'll probably end up buying many more "Heroic Bloodshed" films.

I'm a bit surprised no one has tried making an American version of The Killer yet. It's a great story, but it's a foreign film and a bit dated.

Excalibur 08-07-2012 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swordfish941 (Post 35656)
I just beat Borderlands today!! :) Now I have to wait a few more months for the next one. :(

We could play multiplayer together if you want

S&Wshooter 08-08-2012 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by funkychinaman (Post 35660)
I'm a bit surprised no one has tried making an American version of The Killer yet. It's a great story, but it's a foreign film and a bit dated.

A remake would be horrible. Theyd either add a whole bunch of stupid shit or take away / change essential details.

However, remaking it might not be such a bad idea if someone like Johnnie To were to do it.

funkychinaman 08-08-2012 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by S&Wshooter (Post 35662)
A remake would be horrible. Theyd either add a whole bunch of stupid shit or take away / change essential details.

However, remaking it might not be such a bad idea if someone like Johnnie To were to do it.

I was just about to point that out: it depends on who does it.