imfdb.org

imfdb.org (http://forum.imfdb.org/index.php)
-   Just Guns (http://forum.imfdb.org/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Gun purchases thread. (http://forum.imfdb.org/showthread.php?t=1842)

S&Wshooter 09-22-2011 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by funkychinaman (Post 32393)
I'm looking for a compact pistol that I can CC AND use in my range's action pistol competitions. It has to be double-stack, 9mm, preferably DA/SA, and preferably around $450 or less.

CZs are too heavy, HPs are too big. I got a bit burned on my Walther P38, so I'd prefer new to used as well.

I have a Stoeger Condor, and it's been fine, so I have no problem with the company. And $409 was for the Inox.

How 'bout a 6906?

predator20 09-22-2011 10:02 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Traded my RIA 38 Super in for some 38 Super and 38 Special ammo (mostly 38 Super) Got a Springfield Mil-Spec 38 Super that's had some custom work done on the way.

S&Wshooter 09-22-2011 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by predator20 (Post 32475)
Traded my RIA 38 Super in for some 38 Super and 38 Special ammo (mostly 38 Super) Got a Springfield Mil-Spec 38 Super that's had some custom work done on the way.

Disregard Filipino firearms; Acquire ammo for your kickass custom gun

predator20 09-23-2011 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by S&Wshooter (Post 32477)
Disregard Filipino firearms; Acquire ammo for your kickass custom gun

Yup pretty much. The RIA isn't or wasn't a bad gun though.

k9870 09-23-2011 01:53 AM

http://i1235.photobucket.com/albums/...Badass/002.jpg

Heres the p64 in my hand.

Here it is with the holster, holster holds the gun and a spare mag, its kinda cool since its the original but not a very secure design, kinda floppy.

http://i1235.photobucket.com/albums/...Badass/002.jpg

Mag release takes some getting used to, sights aren't great but more than enough for this type of gun, DA pull sucks ass but sa is a target trigger, no joke, its great. Can't wait to shoot it, i have a wolff spring for the trigger.

My hand is a bit big and when gripping thumbs tend to touch slide, dont know if this will cause a problem. slide only locks on an empty mag and will not release forward unless mag is dropped or a loaded one is put in, no slide stop means racking slide on reload is a must.

Ill give more impressions when i shoot it.

k9870 09-25-2011 02:46 PM

Sorry noticed i put same pic twice here you go:

http://s1235.photobucket.com/albums/...urrent=001.jpg


I want to buy a shoulder thing that goes up.

k9870 09-27-2011 02:09 AM

bought some psitolsmith punches so i can change mainspring, the da pull on the p64 is unusable and i dont like condition 3 so ill change the mainspring once its here. I weighed the trigger it is 5 pounds but honestly feels lighter as afterthe takeup there is very little travel before the break. Im also getting some sandpaper to polish up the feed ramp.

k9870 10-28-2011 12:19 AM

Ordered a romanian tokarev today.

Excalibur 10-28-2011 04:40 AM

Looking up a 1911 to own one day.

My 1911 needs the following things on it

Front cocking serrations
A rail for a light/laser
Ring hammer, better beaver tail grip
Night sights - can get some after buying it.
Need to research some good mags

Though I am liking the Springfield Parkerized with all of the following except the rail

k9870 10-28-2011 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Excalibur (Post 32899)
Looking up a 1911 to own one day.

My 1911 needs the following things on it

Front cocking serrations
A rail for a light/laser
Ring hammer, better beaver tail grip
Night sights - can get some after buying it.
Need to research some good mags

Though I am liking the Springfield Parkerized with all of the following except the rail

You want front serrations? Im mad there is not enough 1911s without them, there ugly.


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:19 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.