imfdb.org

imfdb.org (http://forum.imfdb.org/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://forum.imfdb.org/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   New Video Games/ Movies (http://forum.imfdb.org/showthread.php?t=1091)

Excalibur 02-13-2013 04:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by S&Wshooter (Post 38007)
I just gibbed a We-Yu merc with Gorman's VP70. I don't see how that works

Apparently Vasquez's handgun is another 1911...even though we know it wasn't.

funkychinaman 02-13-2013 04:11 AM

So I guess that's going to be a page that'll be incomplete for a long time.

funkychinaman 02-13-2013 04:17 AM

I was skeptical that ONLY 60% of gamers said they'd never buy a console that didn't allow used games, but the Kotaku poll is pretty close, with 65% voting no.

And to top that off, it looks like the next generation of consoles probably won't be backwards compatible.

S&Wshooter 02-13-2013 04:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Excalibur (Post 38008)
Apparently Vasquez's handgun is another 1911...even though we know it wasn't.

Yup. I was kinda hoping to run around and pop people with a sweet Model 39, but I guess that's not happening

S&Wshooter 02-13-2013 04:24 AM

The auto shotgun is like "Yo dawg, I heard you like shotguns, so I put a shotgun in your shotgun so you can shotgun while you shotgun"

Evil Tim 02-13-2013 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by funkychinaman (Post 38003)
Seven years and that's the best they could do?

Well come on, a game that's stuck in development hell for seven years has something very badly wrong with it, the best you can hope for is that the guys tasked with finishing it can pull it through in a reasonably functional and playable state (eg Body Harvest or Dark Sector) which will result in a good-but-flawed game.

When it became obvious that Aliens: Colonial Marines was being postponed every time another major FPS came out that kind of set off alarm bells for me.

Excalibur 02-13-2013 05:18 PM

There's a lot of in game things it took from other shooter series that was clearly a last minute add on. The challenges from Call of Duty, the attachment system being earned through points throughout the game which is like Crysis 2. O'Neal looks like Frank Woods from Black Ops.

We are shooting at people! This is an Aliens game. We fight Aliens. I don't want to fight some bullshit PMC guy the villains pulled out their asses. How does that work anyway? Does Weyland have a number he calls like 1-800-henchmen and pay them lots of money to shoot at US Marines. I was always under the impression that the "Corporation" in these kinds of movie sorta own the military. It doesn't make sense. Dear God the story sucks.

Every time your captain says "We have 100 Marines to get off this planet", I look around the room...dude, all I've seen so far is like 6 Marines. There is no rank structure at all. Your character is a corporal but the captain talks to him like you're supposed to be of someone higher ranked and there are no sgts, no lieutenants in the squads. And when Hicks showed up, they called him a "soldier"

Evil Tim 02-13-2013 06:34 PM

I'm fairly sure there were human enemies in the Marine campaign in AVP2, though it's been a while, and it's kind of dumb for a company to hire another company to provide security rather than just having their own like W-Y has had in every other Aliens adaptation ever. I just found it funny that once again Weyland-Yutani are going for the Steve Irwin school of dealing with hideous aliens. "These are the most dangerous life form we've ever seen! Let's try poking them with a stick."

Also the "scary" ones walking like leperous T-rexes was hilarious.

k9870 02-13-2013 07:14 PM

i wanted aliens to be good, i put it in for rental ongamefly but wont buy

i hope the tyranny of king washington is a good expansion to ac3, alternate history is fun

S&Wshooter 02-13-2013 07:15 PM

Colonial Marines was not as good as it should have been, and it wasn't worth what I paid for it, but I liked it better than the last couple cookie-cutter FPS' that I've played through