imfdb.org

imfdb.org (http://forum.imfdb.org/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://forum.imfdb.org/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   New Video Games/ Movies (http://forum.imfdb.org/showthread.php?t=1091)

funkychinaman 09-30-2010 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by k9870 (Post 20192)
And you can shoot taliban :)

Or BE the Taliban.

I'm going to wait on this one. I've still got Halo Reach and I've go CoD coming. I'll wait to hear how good it is and maybe pick it up used.

k9870 09-30-2010 09:22 PM

I hate all this controversy on a side getting to be the taliban, what, are we going to have to call it "opfor" on every game?

BurtReynoldsMoustache 09-30-2010 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by k9870 (Post 20196)
I hate all this controversy on a side getting to be the taliban, what, are we going to have to call it "opfor" on every game?

Nobody seemed to mind that you could play Nazis in Battlefield: 1942.

The Wierd It 09-30-2010 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BurtReynoldsMoustache (Post 20197)
Nobody seemed to mind that you could play Nazis in Battlefield: 1942.

That's because when you're fighting the Nazis you aren't exposed to the reality of modern war.

You have to remember that there's an unwritten law that says any entertainment aimed at a younger audience, or that they will be exposed to, must not depict anything resembling reality.

Swordfish941 09-30-2010 11:46 PM

S&Wshooter would probably hate this movie:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYg2EJLJids

AdAstra2009 09-30-2010 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BurtReynoldsMoustache (Post 20197)
Nobody seemed to mind that you could play Nazis in Battlefield: 1942.

You never played as the Nazis in Battlefield 1942, you played as the Germans or the "Axis" and the Imperial German flag was used.

S&Wshooter 10-01-2010 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swordfish941 (Post 20252)
S&Wshooter would probably hate this movie:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYg2EJLJids

I saw it and now I want Seth Rogen to be banned from ever being on film again

BurtReynoldsMoustache 10-01-2010 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by S&Wshooter (Post 20256)
I saw it and now I want Seth Rogen to be banned from ever being on film again

Did you not like the movie or did you not like that they smoked weed?

S&Wshooter 10-01-2010 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BurtReynoldsMoustache (Post 20258)
Did you not like the movie or did you not like that they smoked weed?

The movie sucked

BurtReynoldsMoustache 10-01-2010 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by S&Wshooter (Post 20260)
The movie sucked

Did you see Observe And Report? If so, what did you think?

S&Wshooter 10-01-2010 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BurtReynoldsMoustache (Post 20261)
Did you see Observe And Report? If so, what did you think?

I didn't see it. I was too busy watching awesome movies like this:

http://movie-shop.us/pictures/The_Wild_Geese.jpg

funkychinaman 10-01-2010 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BurtReynoldsMoustache (Post 20261)
Did you see Observe And Report? If so, what did you think?

Meh. It wasn't that funny.

funkychinaman 10-01-2010 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AdAstra2009 (Post 20254)
You never played as the Nazis in Battlefield 1942, you played as the Germans or the "Axis" and the Imperial German flag was used.

I understand there are laws against displaying swastikas and all, but in some instances, it's historical. I think it was CoD 3, they had a scene of Nazis marching in Paris, and they had the red flags on the Arc d'Trioumph , but with the Iron Cross instead of the swastika. Or when someone built a replica of the ME-262 jet fighter recently, painted it in wartime colors, but left out the swastika that was on the tailfin of EVERY LUFTWAFFE AIRCRAFT during the war. If you're going to paint it in wartime colors, do it right. The government should understand that.

BurtReynoldsMoustache 10-01-2010 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by funkychinaman (Post 20267)
I understand there are laws against displaying swastikas and all, but in some instances, it's historical. I think it was CoD 3, they had a scene of Nazis marching in Paris, and they had the red flags on the Arc d'Trioumph , but with the Iron Cross instead of the swastika. Or when someone built a replica of the ME-262 jet fighter recently, painted it in wartime colors, but left out the swastika that was on the tailfin of EVERY LUFTWAFFE AIRCRAFT during the war. If you're going to paint it in wartime colors, do it right. The government should understand that.

German law allows swastikas for historical purposes, however they consider video games to be children's toys, thus video games do not get the historical exemption.

Swordfish941 10-02-2010 10:13 PM

This movie is where Lady GaGa gets her ideas from:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qV7MND4r0mY

Swordfish941 10-02-2010 11:09 PM

Best Neo-Noir Movie Ever:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxXTaPYoZJ4&feature=fvst

Excalibur 10-03-2010 03:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swordfish941 (Post 20383)

I've never liked David Lynch since Dune

Swordfish941 10-03-2010 03:22 AM

Mulholland Drive + The Turning Point = this movie:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jaI1XOB-bs

S&Wshooter 10-08-2010 11:09 AM

Whoever is remaking True Grit needs an ass whuppin'

predator20 10-08-2010 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by S&Wshooter (Post 20715)
Whoever is remaking True Grit needs an ass whuppin'

The Coen brothers are great filmmakers. But I'm not sure about Jeff Bridges playing Rooster. From trailer it doesn't look like Jeff is doing the comedic style Wayne did in the original, which is probably a good thing. It may have that No Country for Old Men dry humor.

k9870 10-08-2010 01:13 PM

Rooster cogburn cannot be redone.....im sorry.

And no countr for old men is overrated, i mean its okay, and did guns good, and the bad guy was cool........but you watch it and are like "that won awards?"

Ending sucked, apparently the sherriff was supposed to be the main character and he wasnt even necessary to the plot, didnt do anything.........

predator20 10-08-2010 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by k9870 (Post 20718)
Rooster cogburn cannot be redone.....im sorry.

And no countr for old men is overrated, i mean its okay, and did guns good, and the bad guy was cool........but you watch it and are like "that won awards?"

Ending sucked, apparently the sherriff was supposed to be the main character and he wasnt even necessary to the plot, didnt do anything.........

I'll take No Country over There Will Be Blood, which was the contender for best picture.

You say the ending sucked but was it the typical "Hollywood" ending where the bad guy gets it in the end? Those endings are overrated.

BurtReynoldsMoustache 10-08-2010 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by k9870 (Post 20718)
Rooster cogburn cannot be redone.....im sorry.

And no countr for old men is overrated, i mean its okay, and did guns good, and the bad guy was cool........but you watch it and are like "that won awards?"

Ending sucked, apparently the sherriff was supposed to be the main character and he wasnt even necessary to the plot, didnt do anything.........

The whole point of the original book was to illustrate the complete inability of local law enforcement to deal with well funded organized crime.

Swordfish941 10-11-2010 01:49 PM

Anyway, I borrowed Capote and A History Of Violence from my aunt. I plan on watching them tonight.

S&Wshooter 10-11-2010 03:36 PM

Watched Get Carter (the one with Stallone) last night. It was pretty good


Next Tuesday I'm getting New Vegas

Excalibur 10-11-2010 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by S&Wshooter (Post 20861)

Next Tuesday I'm getting New Vegas

I'm a little pissed that they moved the release date to NEXT Tuesday. I was hoping for THIS Saturday so yeah, another week,.

Rockwolf66 10-12-2010 03:49 AM

I'm looking at the Screencaps for RED(2010) and I realized what the RPG launcher over John Malkovic's head was as I've seen it before. First time was in Afganistan: The last Warbus. Second time was in a recent Small Arms Review where they went over RPG types. It's a Yugoslavian version of the RPG-2.

S&Wshooter 10-12-2010 11:13 AM

My western loving grandfather is not pleased that they are remaking True Grit

k9870 10-12-2010 12:22 PM

Quote:

I'm a little pissed that they moved the release date to NEXT Tuesday. I was hoping for THIS Saturday so yeah, another week,.

Um, the release date has been solidly the 19th a while.

Excalibur 10-12-2010 12:56 PM

I kept looking at more vids on Gametrailers.com and they kept posting the release date on the 16th

funkychinaman 10-12-2010 12:56 PM

The reviews for MoH have not been very generous.

Excalibur 10-12-2010 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by funkychinaman (Post 20904)
The reviews for MoH have not been very generous.

Really? That's not good.

Good thing I didn't preorder it.

From what I've gathered, there's a lot of mixed review, like the multiplayer doesn't stack up to COD, but the singleplayer missions were well done. A lot of mixed opinions

funkychinaman 10-12-2010 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Excalibur (Post 20906)
Really? That's not good.

Good thing I didn't preorder it.

From what I've gathered, there's a lot of mixed review, like the multiplayer doesn't stack up to COD, but the singleplayer missions were well done. A lot of mixed opinions

IGN gave it a 6/10. According to them, the single player is too short, buggy, and the AI is primitive. I'm glad I threw my lot with CoD.

k9870 10-12-2010 03:29 PM

MOH is pretty damn good, too many hardcore COD fans bashing the online but i do have one gripe. You can lean out and peek from behind cover, in SP. Not online.......but hey you get a p226 using 17 round mec gar mags in SP:)

Seems like less camping and boosting in MOH, COD gameplay got old to me,moh is sweet.

Excalibur 10-12-2010 05:16 PM

Like i said, a lot of mixed reviews.

k9870 10-12-2010 05:33 PM

There always is, like how MW2 has 10/10 reviews all over but then out of people i know its 50/50 between "greatest game ever" and "wow they really didnt improve anything"

funkychinaman 10-12-2010 05:54 PM

I decided to pre-order CoD and not MoH mainly because CoD has simply had a better run than MoH of late. (I really like Airborne, but I'm still suffering from the aftertaste of European Assault.) I'll probably still get MoH, but I'll get it used like I do most of my games. (I've only pre-ordered five games in my lifetime.)

Excalibur 10-12-2010 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by k9870 (Post 20914)
There always is, like how MW2 has 10/10 reviews all over but then out of people i know its 50/50 between "greatest game ever" and "wow they really didnt improve anything"

The thing about MW2 is the multiplayer is always good but the singleplayer story is just weird

k9870 10-12-2010 06:56 PM

Multiplyer got old, felt exactly like COD4. Very few maps unless you spend extra money on map packs, everyone camps, boosts, ect.

Zulu Two Six 10-12-2010 08:24 PM

i want to get a movie on iTunes
which one should i get. i'll settle for an action, or a comedy..or something


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:47 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.