imfdb.org

imfdb.org (http://forum.imfdb.org/index.php)
-   imfdb (http://forum.imfdb.org/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Request - Star 1911 models (http://forum.imfdb.org/showthread.php?t=272)

ManiacallyChallenged 05-26-2009 10:52 PM

Request - Star 1911 models

Would it be okay to put the Star 1911 series handguns on one page?

The Model-A/B and Model-P are very similar, except for caliber. So basically it would be a much smaller version of the 1911 pistol series page.
It could even be merged with the 1911 pistol series page.
There is no reason the Star Model-A/B and Model-P should be on their own pages.

Gunmaster45 05-27-2009 01:23 AM

Why not? They are based on the same design but look different and fire different calibers.

The Star A/B is a 9mm, the Star P is a .45 ACP.

I would think of some comparison to make my case, but I'm too tired. Take my word for it. :o

Phoenixent 05-27-2009 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ManiacallyChallenged (Post 3107)
Would it be okay to put the Star 1911 series handguns on one page?

The Model-A/B and Model-P are very similar, except for caliber. So basically it would be a much smaller version of the 1911 pistol series page.
It could even be merged with the 1911 pistol series page.
There is no reason the Star Model-A/B and Model-P should be on their own pages.

I don't think so although they look similar to the 1911 but they are different since they have no grip safety and mainspring housing and they have an external extractor. You can say the same for other 1911 look a likes as the Colt Double Eagle, Llama Pistols, and the Polish Radom they look like a 1911 but they are not. It's best not to pile all the weapons that look a like together and it's better to know the difference.

That what will make IMFDB better in others eyes as we have enough people out there that think we don't know our ass from a hole in the ground on weapons.

MoviePropMaster2008 05-27-2009 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phoenixent (Post 3139)
I don't think so although they look similar to the 1911 but they are different since they have no grip safety and mainspring housing and they have an external extractor. You can say the same for other 1911 look a likes as the Colt Double Eagle, Llama Pistols, and the Polish Radom they look like a 1911 but they are not. It's best not to pile all the weapons that look a like together and it's better to know the difference.

That what will make IMFDB better in others eyes as we have enough people out there that think we don't know our ass from a hole in the ground on weapons.

I agree. That, unfortunately, has been a point of contention I have had with my brother Mods for a long time, regarding the "piling' of similar weapons all together. Well, now I suppose I have another MOD who thinks along the same lines I do :D

ManiacallyChallenged 05-28-2009 04:49 AM

I don't mean put it on the 1911 page, not really.
Just that the Star 1911's should be together.
The 1911 page has both .45 and 9mm models, as well as a bunch of really out there models(the Voigt Infinity is pretty far removed).
If you two say no, then that's okay.
It was a suggestion.

ManiacallyChallenged 05-30-2009 05:54 AM

Wow, the spammer is capable of barely independent thought. Or at least sarcasm.
Nice work MoP, you are almost a sentient life form.

MoviePropMaster2008 05-30-2009 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ManiacallyChallenged (Post 3282)
Wow, the spammer is capable of barely independent thought. Or at least sarcasm.
Nice work MoP, you are almost a sentient life form.

You sure it's not a BOT?

Gunmaster45 05-31-2009 03:15 AM

I gave him an infraction (I can't ban him though :confused:) so he shouldn't be back for 10 days.

ManiacallyChallenged 06-01-2009 05:18 AM

Oh, he ain't a bot, he's posting things in response to our stuff. He's a dedicated spammer.

Gunmaster45 06-01-2009 08:06 PM

I cleared all of MagicOPromotion's posts, so I hope he didn't decide to stop spamming recently because he's been wiped off the map.:D Same with the scarf salesman.