imfdb.org

imfdb.org (http://forum.imfdb.org/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://forum.imfdb.org/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   New Video Games/ Movies (http://forum.imfdb.org/showthread.php?t=1091)

Evil Tim 09-11-2013 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by funkychinaman (Post 39618)
I just remember playing that section and thinking "I'm playing a war crimes simulation." (And then at the end of the game, "I just helped drop the Iron Curtain. What the hell is wrong with this game?")

Eh, I always thought that was kind of the idea. Reznov's pretty scary at times, after all, and I figured Mason's version in Black Ops was less so because Mason only knew the guy who was trying to manipulate him.

It's a pretty simple message about what seeking revenge can turn you into, but it's there for you to think about if you want to and the game doesn't beat you over the head with it. That's something, I guess.

funkychinaman 09-11-2013 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil Tim (Post 39620)
Eh, I always thought that was kind of the idea. Reznov's pretty scary at times, after all, and I figured Mason's version in Black Ops was less so because Mason only knew the guy who was trying to manipulate him.

It's a pretty simple message about what seeking revenge can turn you into, but it's there for you to think about if you want to and the game doesn't beat you over the head with it. That's something, I guess.

Speaker of Reznov.

It's still weird hearing Oldman with his natural accent. I know they exist, but I don't think I've ever seen any of the films where he's played a British person.

Swordfish941 09-22-2013 08:18 PM

I just bought Fable II, and I have to say that it's an awesome and pretty addicting game.

Excalibur 09-23-2013 04:33 AM

The 3rd Fable was a complete disappointment

funkychinaman 09-23-2013 07:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swordfish941 (Post 39635)
I just bought Fable II, and I have to say that it's an awesome and pretty addicting game.

I think the first part of Fable II was a free download from XBLA for a while. I'm just not a big RPG guy.

funkychinaman 09-25-2013 03:36 PM

It looks like Gamefly is dumping copies of Crysis 3. How is it? Is it better than Crysis 2? I just couldn't get into Crysis 2.

Excalibur 09-25-2013 04:47 PM

The 3rd game is weird because the story just took a dump on us. The connecting events are very flimsy and confusing.

funkychinaman 09-25-2013 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Excalibur (Post 39656)
The 3rd game is weird because the story just took a dump on us. The connecting events are very flimsy and confusing.

I never really got into the story, since I never played the first one. The game itself just wasn't that fun. I think I was about half way through when I just stopped playing out of boredom.

Evil Tim 09-26-2013 09:10 AM

I saw Bro Team's stream of the game; the guy playing never got good at it, never used the upgrade system, picked up weapons more or less at random and still beat the entire game in about four hours, only dying at all on the last two levels.

Excalibur 09-26-2013 02:27 PM

Agents of SHIELD is very bland and generic but still it is just one episode. I can only hope it works but...it is very TV generic. It's NCIS SHIELD

Swordfish941 09-26-2013 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Excalibur (Post 39665)
Agents of SHIELD is very bland and generic but still it is just one episode. I can only hope it works but...it is very TV generic. It's NCIS SHIELD

I have my fingers crossed that they introduce some of the other elements of the Marvel Universe (it'd be awesome if Moonkight showed up).

SPEMack618 09-27-2013 01:15 AM

I enjoyed it immensly. But I am a huge Phil Colson fan.

funkychinaman 09-30-2013 03:50 PM

I downloaded the game Zombie Gunship on Android over the weekend, and I can't put it down. It's basically the gunship levels from Modern Warfare, except you're blasting zombies. Apparently it came out on iOS two years ago, but only made it to Android this month. It's only $0.99, so it's a good value.

funkychinaman 10-02-2013 04:59 PM

Do we have any Spanish-speaking volunteers?

http://www.buzzfeed.com/adriancarras...-with-hilariou

Evil Tim 10-03-2013 06:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by funkychinaman (Post 39668)
I downloaded the game Zombie Gunship on Android over the weekend, and I can't put it down. It's basically the gunship levels from Modern Warfare, except you're blasting zombies. Apparently it came out on iOS two years ago, but only made it to Android this month. It's only $0.99, so it's a good value.

Seems fun, though I have to wonder if maybe a group of survivors who charge their saviour for the weapons actually mounted on his plane don't deserve to be eaten.

Swordfish941 10-04-2013 01:45 AM

I've just started to watch Hellsing Ultimate and I have to say that Crispin Freeman is fucking awesome as Alucard (that guy is one of my favorite voice actors).

Excalibur 10-04-2013 12:12 PM

Go to youtube and look up the Hellsing Ultimate Abridged series

Swordfish941 10-04-2013 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Excalibur (Post 39674)
Go to youtube and look up the Hellsing Ultimate Abridged series

I have. It's pretty hilarious.

Spartan198 10-09-2013 01:34 AM

Saw World War Z a few days ago and didn't find it to be all that good, TBH.

Excalibur 10-09-2013 02:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spartan198 (Post 39682)
Saw World War Z a few days ago and didn't find it to be all that good, TBH.

Yeah, seen it. It was terrible. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2cS5Fv5xIQ

Swordfish941 10-11-2013 03:21 AM

This article is hilarious:

http://www.cracked.com/funny-2150-evangelion/

Excalibur 10-11-2013 03:12 PM

You either really like Eva or hate it. I am still confused about that show and I don't think I can ever understand it even with the new movies trying to reboot it.

Evil Tim 10-17-2013 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Excalibur (Post 39691)
You either really like Eva or hate it. I am still confused about that show and I don't think I can ever understand it even with the new movies trying to reboot it.

It's primarily about Hideaki Anno dealing with depression rather than anything that's actually going on in the plot, is the thing.

funkychinaman 10-18-2013 10:37 PM

Ubisoft got the guy from Weapon Masters to talk up the weapons in AC IV. Alas, nothing about the hidden blade.

http://gamersprey.com/trailers/assas...ns-trailer-hd/

Swordfish941 10-19-2013 07:40 PM

I got back from seeing Captain Phillips. Excellent film, and good acting from Tom Hanks, especially near the end.

funkychinaman 10-23-2013 08:04 PM

http://www.deadline.com/2013/10/told...-in-rocketman/

The man's got range. I was impressed enough that he went from This Means War to The Dark Knight Rises in one year.

Excalibur 10-24-2013 02:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by funkychinaman (Post 39733)
http://www.deadline.com/2013/10/told...-in-rocketman/

The man's got range. I was impressed enough that he went from This Means War to The Dark Knight Rises in one year.

Look up some of his previous roles with his range. He was in Inception, Lawless, Warrior and Bronson (not that Bronson, some other Bronson and he's going to be Mad Max

funkychinaman 10-24-2013 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Excalibur (Post 39739)
Look up some of his previous roles with his range. He was in Inception, Lawless, Warrior and Bronson (not that Bronson, some other Bronson and he's going to be Mad Max

He was pretty good in Inception, I didn't see the others. I just thought it was funny that the guy who played Bane is going to be playing Elton John.

funkychinaman 10-24-2013 05:19 PM

http://youtu.be/NLWsK1ZFunA

New Captain America trailer. They certainly took their time actually showing the Winter Soldier.

Excalibur 10-24-2013 06:09 PM

I have been rewatching this trailer. It looks fun. Anyone want to start capping guns?

SPEMack618 10-24-2013 06:34 PM

Well I suppose Captain America had to get all introspective sooner or later.

At least The Avengers was good. Is it bad that I just automatically assume anything with Robert Redford in it is going to anger me in some way?

And, last I heard, Tom Hardy was the guy tapped to be Kelly/Clark in Without Remorse.

funkychinaman 10-24-2013 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPEMack618 (Post 39752)
Well I suppose Captain America had to get all introspective sooner or later.

At least The Avengers was good. Is it bad that I just automatically assume anything with Robert Redford in it is going to anger me in some way?

And, last I heard, Tom Hardy was the guy tapped to be Kelly/Clark in Without Remorse.

They've been kicking around a Without Remorse film since I was in high school. I think Keanu Reeves was the choice to play Jack Clark back then. How hard could it possibly be to make that movie? Most of the movie takes place in Baltimore if I recall, with a few Vietnam scenes they could easily do in Hawaii or Mexico. I was really surprised that they wrote an entirely original Jack Ryan film in less time than it took to adapt what should've been a very easily adaptable book.

The Wierd It 10-24-2013 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Excalibur (Post 39739)

He was also in Star Trek: Nemesis but we don't talk about that.

funkychinaman 10-24-2013 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Excalibur (Post 39751)
I have been rewatching this trailer. It looks fun. Anyone want to start capping guns?

I'm sure someone's already on it. The problem is the follow up, since a lot of times, the trailer looks good, but the movie sucks. Is anyone champing at the bit to rent Alex Cross, with it's 12% Rotten Tomatoes rating? R.I.P.D. (13%) will be out next week, who's going to take the bullet for that one?

Excalibur 10-25-2013 03:12 AM

My thing with Alex Cross is that I HATE Tyler Perry's performance. This is not the role for him and the story makes no sense. Now Matthew Fox's performance was cool.

funkychinaman 10-25-2013 03:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Excalibur (Post 39757)
My thing with Alex Cross is that I HATE Tyler Perry's performance. This is not the role for him and the story makes no sense. Now Matthew Fox's performance was cool.

Poor guy, all he wanted to do was wear pants onscreen for once.

Spartan198 10-26-2013 06:00 AM

So I'm watching ep.1 of Strike Back: Origins and I find myself incredibly bothered by that US Marines sporting British accents. Is this going to be a norm?

Excalibur 10-26-2013 02:03 PM

I actually forgot about that. Just move pass that and thankfully we won't be seeing a lot of that in this show.

Mandolin 10-26-2013 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spartan198 (Post 39763)
So I'm watching ep.1 of Strike Back: Origins and I find myself incredibly bothered by that US Marines sporting British accents. Is this going to be a norm?

Just skip Season 1 (British Rambo) and go straight to Season 2, Vengance. You'll get an American playing a Brit, and an Australian playing an American, but ignore that and its' great. It's one of the greatest action TV shows I've ever seen. It's amazing what an SBS sergeant, an ex-Delta sergeant, and a female intel/mission control sergeant who goes badass in S03 can do when supported by a revolving door of red shits.

Seriously, it's great.

Spartan198 10-26-2013 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mandolin (Post 39770)
Just skip Season 1 (British Rambo) and go straight to Season 2, Vengance. You'll get an American playing a Brit, and an Australian playing an American, but ignore that and its' great. It's one of the greatest action TV shows I've ever seen. It's amazing what an SBS sergeant, an ex-Delta sergeant, and a female intel/mission control sergeant who goes badass in S03 can do when supported by a revolving door of red shits.

Seriously, it's great.

I've been watching it since Project Dawn premiered on Cinemax a few years ago, so I've seen the latter three seasons already.