imfdb.org

imfdb.org (http://forum.imfdb.org/index.php)
-   imfdb (http://forum.imfdb.org/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Creating actor pages (http://forum.imfdb.org/showthread.php?t=2220)

Spartan198 06-29-2013 06:21 PM

Creating actor pages

Is there a set number of films an actor has to appear in using a firearm before they get a page?

commando552 06-29-2013 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spartan198 (Post 39301)
Is there a set number of films an actor has to appear in using a firearm before they get a page?

One. If an actor has used a firearm and is mentioned on an existing pages, then they can get a page of their own in my oppinion.

funkychinaman 06-30-2013 02:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spartan198 (Post 39301)

Theoretically just one, but I always check the actor's IMDB page to see how many roles they've had. For cameo roles or actors with short careers, I tend not to bother.

Spartan198 06-30-2013 07:50 AM

Oh, okay. I was looking at the Rambo page, noticing that Jake La Botz was still red, and was going to make a page for him unless there's a specific reason he doesn't have one.

commando552 06-30-2013 03:54 PM

I don't tend to differentiate whether an actor gets a page by looking at their imdb profile. If they have used a weapon in a notable role (pretty much if they are a named character or are significant in some way) then I will give them a page, regardless if it is a one-off role or not. Anyway, somebody may only have appeared in a couple of films but used a number of weapons, whilst there are some very prolific actors who have never used a gun onscreen.

I wouldn't bother doing a page for someone in the background who is using the same weapon as other characters though, for example background characters in war movies. However if one of the characters uses a different weapon, I might give them a page (assuming they are credited or otherwise identifiable) due to the fact that the actors name would be used in the description and weapon pages and don't want to leave red links.

So in this case Jake La Botz should deffinitely have a page, as he is identifiable, has a character name, appears to have a significant role (ha

funkychinaman 06-30-2013 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by commando552 (Post 39306)
I don't tend to differentiate whether an actor gets a page by looking at their imdb profile. If they have used a weapon in a notable role (pretty much if they are a named character or are significant in some way) then I will give them a page, regardless if it is a one-off role or not. Anyway, somebody may only have appeared in a couple of films but used a number of weapons, whilst there are some very prolific actors who have never used a gun onscreen.

I wouldn't bother doing a page for someone in the background who is using the same weapon as other characters though, for example background characters in war movies. However if one of the characters uses a different weapon, I might give them a page (assuming they are credited or otherwise identifiable) due to the fact that the actors name would be used in the description and weapon pages and don't want to leave red links.

So in this case Jake La Botz should deffinitely have a page, as he is identifiable, has a character name, appears to have a significant role (ha

The thing is, you never know if that guy is going to end up needing a page. For example, this guy who played a random State Trooper in The Last Stand turned out to be the villain in an episode of Longmire.