imfdb.org

imfdb.org (http://forum.imfdb.org/index.php)
-   Just Guns (http://forum.imfdb.org/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   US Palm shuts down (http://forum.imfdb.org/showthread.php?t=2526)

Spartan198 08-08-2017 09:38 AM

US Palm shuts down
 
http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2...us-palm-shuts/

Another one bites the dust. Too bad, too. They made some pretty decent products.

Mazryonh 08-11-2017 11:35 PM

What's causing this wave of shutdowns in the American firearms industry? I don't think it's because anti-gun legislation and politicians hit it big in 2017.

funkychinaman 08-12-2017 07:03 PM

It's the lack of the threat of gun regulation. The gun industry made a mint off the threat of Comrade Obama coming for your guns, and now that's gone.

http://abcnews.go.com/WNT/story?id=131017

Mazryonh 08-13-2017 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by funkychinaman (Post 43722)
It's the lack of the threat of gun regulation. The gun industry made a mint off the threat of Comrade Obama coming for your guns, and now that's gone.

So now that the panic-buying bubble has popped, a lot of those companies are finding out they don't have what it takes to survive with decreasing demand?

Spartan198 08-14-2017 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mazryonh (Post 43723)
So now that the panic-buying bubble has popped, a lot of those companies are finding out they don't have what it takes to survive with decreasing demand?

Pretty much.

S&Wshooter 08-14-2017 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mazryonh (Post 43723)
So now that the panic-buying bubble has popped, a lot of those companies are finding out they don't have what it takes to survive with decreasing demand?

Everyone's too dumb to do anything but make AR's and parts for them, Glock clones, and 1911's that don't work. Everything else is lost tech, apparently, and may even be some kind of forgotten black magic, so they can't risk even trying

Jcordell 08-15-2017 02:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by S&Wshooter (Post 43726)
Everyone's too dumb to do anything but make AR's and parts for them, Glock clones, and 1911's that don't work. Everything else is lost tech, apparently, and may even be some kind of forgotten black magic, so they can't risk even trying

Ha! Very true. Revolvers are now a weapon of the Ancients.

Spartan198 08-15-2017 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by S&Wshooter (Post 43726)
Everyone's too dumb to do anything but make AR's and parts for them, Glock clones, and 1911's that don't work. Everything else is lost tech, apparently, and may even be some kind of forgotten black magic, so they can't risk even trying

Maybe Palm should move operations to CA, then? Every time manufacturers figure out ways to make what we want in a CA legal way, the scared liberals in the government get their panties in a twist and amend the laws. There's a continual need for innovation there.

Just an idea...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jcordell (Post 43727)
Ha! Very true. Revolvers are now a weapon of the Ancients.

Just out of curiosity, what was your preferred model for hunting Triceratops and Stegosaurs? :D

Mazryonh 08-15-2017 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jcordell (Post 43727)
Ha! Very true. Revolvers are now a weapon of the Ancients.

Yeah, maybe when those Ancients had ZPMs and were regularly walking through the universe via Stargates.

Speaking of revolvers, I've heard a lot of people saying that Colt might be able to make a lot of money if they brought back their classic "snake" series of revolvers. But there's no signs of that happening anytime soon.

funkychinaman 08-15-2017 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mazryonh (Post 43734)
Yeah, maybe when those Ancients had ZPMs and were regularly walking through the universe via Stargates.

Speaking of revolvers, I've heard a lot of people saying that Colt might be able to make a lot of money if they brought back their classic "snake" series of revolvers. But there's no signs of that happening anytime soon.

Seeing how Colt hasn't had a successful new product since... I honestly don't know when, why not? Everybody makes ARs and M1911s. No one else makes a Python.


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:20 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.