imfdb.org

imfdb.org (http://forum.imfdb.org/index.php)
-   imfdb (http://forum.imfdb.org/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Request for Moderator Status to combat recent string of spammers. (http://forum.imfdb.org/showthread.php?t=1490)

k9870 01-09-2011 02:54 AM

Request for Moderator Status to combat recent string of spammers.

Seems they're out in force. Its getting annoying seeing them several times a day. I'm on a lot and could hit them as they show.

Zulu Two Six 01-09-2011 03:32 AM

k9870 is one of the few people i would be okay with if he was a moderator

S&Wshooter 01-09-2011 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zulu Two Six (Post 24032)
k9870 is one of the few people i would be okay with if he was a moderator

I feel the same way

ManiacallyChallenged 01-09-2011 01:07 PM

Fuck yeah. Nip 'em in the bud with my blessing.

MT2008 01-09-2011 04:00 PM

Next time, it might be better to PM one of the Admins to ask about this in private, instead of asking people in public who are (to put it bluntly) not relevant in deciding whether you get Mod status or not.

S&Wshooter 01-09-2011 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MT2008 (Post 24053)
Next time, it might be better to PM one of the Admins to ask about this in private, instead of asking people in public who are (to put it bluntly) not relevant in deciding whether you get Mod status or not.

The forum members have no say in who moderates the forum? That's fucked up

MT2008 01-09-2011 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by S&Wshooter (Post 24055)

Well, sorry, but unfortunately, Internet message boards aren't electoral democracies. Even if they were, many of our members (including yourself) aren't old enough to vote, anyway. :D

This doesn't mean we necessarily have to ignore your opinions, just that we reserve the right to make the final decision. Also, to be clear, I'm not saying that K9870 shouldn't be a mod because I said so. If the other mods think we can use him, I will defer to their decision.

One other thing: Dealing with spammers usually involves updating our server, not increasing the number of mods.

predator20 01-09-2011 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MT2008 (Post 24060)
One other thing: Dealing with spammers usually involves updating our server, not increasing the number of mods.

I remember a while back Bunni said he had to get lax with the member sign up because members couldn't get verified.

MoviePropMaster2008 01-09-2011 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by S&Wshooter (Post 24055)

Also. If you ASK to be a moderator, chances are you WON'T be a moderator. A Mod status is bestowed, not requested. Kinda like a Medal of Honor. You don't ASK FOR IT. Others assess your performance and bestow it upon you.

Wow, I just compared Mod status to being a Medal Of Honor. Gotta drink more coffee..........

S&Wshooter 01-09-2011 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MoviePropMaster2008 (Post 24065)
Also. If you ASK to be a moderator, chances are you WON'T be a moderator. A Mod status is bestowed, not requested. Kinda like a Medal of Honor. You don't ASK FOR IT. Others assess your performance and bestow it upon you.

Wow, I just compared Mod status to being a Medal Of Honor. Gotta drink more coffee..........

Why not let us vote on it if the mods and admins deem the person deserving and the situation calls for it?