imfdb.org

imfdb.org (http://forum.imfdb.org/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://forum.imfdb.org/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Michael Jackson and Farrah Fawcett (http://forum.imfdb.org/showthread.php?t=342)

Gunmaster45 06-25-2009 10:47 PM

Michael Jackson and Farrah Fawcett

Jesus, Michael Jackson died of a heart attack and Farrah Fawcett died from her cancer. A sad day. :(

And worst of all, all those MJ pediphile jokes won't be funny now for 10 years! :eek:

k9870 06-25-2009 10:50 PM

I still consider michael jackson jokes funny, and havent felt any sadness. Fawcet i do feel bad for. Michael jackson, say what you want, was a pedophile, and got his.

AdAstra2009 06-25-2009 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by k9870 (Post 4191)
I still consider michael jackson jokes funny, and havent felt any sadness. Fawcet i do feel bad for. Michael jackson, say what you want, was a pedophile, and got his.

He was cleared/acquitted of any "pedophile" charges.
I'd feel bad about fawcett but honestly I didn't really know much about her at all.

Rest in Peace

k9870 06-25-2009 11:00 PM

He was cleareed because hes a celebrity and can get away with that stuff. I dont know much about fawcett, but know she was a good person. I dont follow celebritys much though, think of how many regular people have died today. Celebritys just make better news.

MT2008 06-25-2009 11:51 PM

I've always been as disgusted by Michael Jackson's brushes with pedophile charges, but still, the guy was a really talented singer and I'll always love "Thriller". So I'm not sure how I feel.

AdAstra2009 06-26-2009 01:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by k9870 (Post 4194)
He was cleareed because hes a celebrity and can get away with that stuff.

I doubt it, sounds like conspiracy theory stuff.
I'm sure if that was the case the prosecutor would have thrown a $h!tfit.

The thing is he was cleared in an american court with due process.

INNOCENT until proven guilty

Personally the only reason why theres all this crap going on about him is because he allegedly looks funny and talks funny so he's easier to make fun of.
Kind of like making fun of the socially awkward kid in elementary school.

Where is the outrage about R-Kelly and Akon??? They were actually filmed doing what they did and not much really happened with them.

MT2008 06-26-2009 03:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AdAstra2009 (Post 4196)
I doubt it, sounds like conspiracy theory stuff.
I'm sure if that was the case the prosecutor would have thrown a $h!tfit.

The thing is he was cleared in an american court with due process.

INNOCENT until proven guilty

Personally the only reason why theres all this crap going on about him is because he allegedly looks funny and talks funny so he's easier to make fun of.
Kind of like making fun of the socially awkward kid in elementary school.

Where is the outrage about R-Kelly and Akon??? They were actually filmed doing what they did and not much really happened with them.

I think it's pretty clear that MJ was guilty, even if the prosecution couldn't find enough evidence to convict him.

As far as R. Kelly and Akon goes, I guess most people just find it a lot easier to stomach when it's a teenage girl versus a pre-teen boy. Though personally, I do agree that it's no less wrong. But don't forget, Dave Chappelle mocked R. Kelly pretty badly with the "Pee On You" spoof.

Phoenixent 06-26-2009 05:14 AM

Everyone forgets that we lost a True American Hero Ed McMahon.

Ed McMahon served in World War II with the US Marine Corp flying Corsairs earning six Air Medals. Then served in Korea flying an unarmed OE-1 Bird Dog for 85 missions. He was in the Marine Corp reserve achieving the rank of Colonel. The joined the California Air National Guard achieved the rank of Brigadier General before retiring.

Rest In Peace Ed McMahon you have served your country well.

We thank you for your service.

AdAstra2009 06-26-2009 06:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phoenixent (Post 4200)
Everyone forgets that we lost a True American Hero Ed McMahon.

Ed McMahon served in World War II with the US Marine Corp flying Corsairs earning six Air Medals. Then served in Korea flying an unarmed OE-1 Bird Dog for 85 missions. He was in the Marine Corp reserve achieving the rank of Colonel. The joined the California Air National Guard achieved the rank of Brigadier General before retiring.

Rest In Peace Ed McMahon you have served your country well.

We thank you for your service.

I would have remembered him if I knew he was a veteran.

But I was not familiar with who he is.

RIP Ed McMahon

ManiacallyChallenged 06-26-2009 07:37 AM

When told that MJ died, I asked:

How old was he supposed to be anyway?
So hard to tell.

Pity about Farrah, though.