imfdb.org

imfdb.org (http://forum.imfdb.org/index.php)
-   imfdb (http://forum.imfdb.org/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Copying of IMFDB content without any reference (http://forum.imfdb.org/showthread.php?t=2494)

Greg-Z 01-19-2017 06:43 PM

Copying of IMFDB content without any reference
 
A wikia under the title "Marine of Movies: Guns, Firearms and Rifles" copies IMFDB content without any reference to the source (this is the most recent example). Can we do something in the case?

funkychinaman 01-19-2017 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greg-Z (Post 43298)
A wikia under the title "Marine of Movies: Guns, Firearms and Rifles" copies IMFDB content without any reference to the source (this is the most recent example). Can we do something in the case?

We can say something if they use MPM's images. Those are his images that he's licensed out to us.

funkychinaman 01-19-2017 07:10 PM

The wiki looks abandoned. It's been over a year since the last update, and it looks like it's the work of just one guy.

Greg-Z 01-19-2017 07:31 PM

Really, I looked "Recent activity" but didn't pay attention on how recent it is. So the question is exhausted.

funkychinaman 01-19-2017 08:24 PM

Wow, this guy even stole our templates.

funkychinaman 01-19-2017 09:35 PM

I'm curious to know which one of our users it was. It had to be a user if he went in and copied the code. The weird thing is, there's no rhyme or reason to the pages he copied. It's a very random selection created and edited by different users.

commando552 01-19-2017 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by funkychinaman (Post 43303)
I'm curious to know which one of our users it was. It had to be a user if he went in and copied the code. The weird thing is, there's no rhyme or reason to the pages he copied. It's a very random selection created and edited by different users.

You don't have to be a user to rip the code, if you are logged out you will see a tab where the edit button would be that it "View source". If you click on this it brings up the full wiki code for the article.

funkychinaman 01-19-2017 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by commando552 (Post 43304)
You don't have to be a user to rip the code, if you are logged out you will see a tab where the edit button would be that it "View source". If you click on this it brings up the full wiki code for the article.

Can you do that with Templates as well?

commando552 01-19-2017 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by funkychinaman (Post 43305)
Can you do that with Templates as well?

Yeah, when you "view source" (as with an edit window) at the bottom it lists the templates that are used, and you can then go to the pages for the individual templates and "view source" to get the code for them.

Jcordell 01-20-2017 03:23 AM

Very strange site. Real hodgepodge.


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:54 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.