imfdb.org

imfdb.org (http://forum.imfdb.org/index.php)
-   Just Guns (http://forum.imfdb.org/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Show us your guns! (http://forum.imfdb.org/showthread.php?t=1)

bunni 11-24-2008 12:18 AM

Show us your guns!

I had a couple requests to bring the forum back - so I thought I'd do it right and purchase a vBulletin license. I'm also looking for a few good mods for the forum...

Anyway I'll start this thread off with my latest purchase, it's a Bushnell Trophy MP red dot which I've mounted to my 1973 Marlin 336. It brings the old deer rifle into the 21st century I think, and besides the buckhorn sights sucked. :D

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3199/...326eb61d30.jpg

I've already made a trip to the range and the optic is a great match for the Marlin. It sits at the right height, doesn't screw with the balance, and provides a wide field of view for easy target acquisition. The T-dot is a great reticle, much preferred over a simple red dot, and has made me much more accurate with the old lever gun.

Here's what the T-dot reticle looks like through the scope...

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s...nell_MP_01.jpg

MT2008 11-25-2008 02:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bunni (Post 1)
It brings the old deer rifle into the 21st century I think, and besides the buckhorn sights sucked.

Eh, dunno. Seems like a juxtaposition to me. :D

Thanks for bringing the forum back.

Ultraussie 11-26-2008 04:49 AM

That Marlin looks alright, I wonder what Caliber that is?
Pesonally, Airsoft is illegal in my country, and I am too damn young to own a real gun, so as my toy AK74M (With three round burst and semi automatic) is broken, I now only have a Remmington Pump Action shotgun left. On the box it said "Super rifle", despite the fact it said "Shotgun" on the side of the actual weapon. It deifeintly is a shotgun lol..

Gunmaster45 11-27-2008 02:31 AM

.30-30

If it is the standard model, it should be chambered in .30-30 WCF.

Ultraussie 11-27-2008 07:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gunmaster45 (Post 29)
If it is the standard model, it should be chambered in .30-30 WCF.

And thats a Caliber ive never heard of. Maybye it would be better in .308 Whinchester?

Gunmaster45 11-27-2008 07:41 AM

??

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ultraussie (Post 30)
And thats a Caliber ive never heard of. Maybye it would be better in .308 Whinchester?

Never heard of .30-30?! The .30-30 was a rifle cartridge first invented as a new round to fire the smokeless powder, being first fired in the Winchester 1894 rifle, a gun built specially to fire the high-pressure round. It is an infamous rifle cartridge, most common in lever guns.

Strangly .308 Winchester is somewhat uncommon in lever guns. Not unheard of, but somewhat rare.

Since Winchester cheapened most of Browning's ingenius designs such as the '92 and '94 rifles, the Marlin guns were actually suprerior at the time. Treat the 336 well, Bunni.

Jcordell 11-27-2008 11:33 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Well here are a few of mine. Smith & Wesson Model 28 Highway Patrolman (.357 magnum). The two grey ones I had parkarized and then coated with teflon. Very strong finishes. I left one blued.

Yournamehere 11-27-2008 11:50 PM

Hell yes Smith and Wesson.
http://img241.imageshack.us/img241/7265/bangbangws3.png
Everyone drools over the revolvers because of the Model 29 dragging them in, but not many recognize the greatness of their automatic pistols. I do.

MT2008 11-28-2008 04:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yournamehere (Post 38)
Hell yes Smith and Wesson.
http://img241.imageshack.us/img241/7265/bangbangws3.png
Everyone drools over the revolvers because of the Model 29 dragging them in, but not many recognize the greatness of their automatic pistols. I do.

Eh, I respect 'em. Unfortunately, the only Smith auto I own is a 4506, and I've just never been able to enjoy it that much. It's just too big. As far as the "greatness" goes, they do what they do well and are very nicely priced. They don't quite have that stylishness and mystique that their Euro counterparts tend to have.

I became a SIG P226 owner recently. I understand (from reading your profile) that you think the 5906 is the P226's equal in most ways - except cost?

Jcordell 11-28-2008 07:10 PM

I don't own any S&W autos. The few autos I do own are a Glock 19, GLock 26, Browning Buckmark, and a Sig Sauer P245. With the exception of those few autos all the rest are S&W revolvers, Colt revolvers and a Webley Mk VI.

My dad owns a S&W 4516, 4586 and a 4506. He's a big 45acp fan.

I am considering buying 2nd generation S&W Model 39 however. The prcie is right and I like how it feels.

Gunmaster45 11-28-2008 08:45 PM

S&W

I'm one of those who prefer their revolvers. I have a Smith & Wesson Model 14 Target model, it's an excellent piece.

The only Smith & Wesson auto I own is a Model 39 with pearl grips. It's a nice gun but single stack 9mm is pretty poor for the time and it won't fire with the magazine removed. I've seen at least 10 action movies where such a gun would leave you totally screwed.

I wan't to buy a 5906 and a 4506 eventually.

I'm afraid out of Colt, Glock, Beretta, SIG-Sauer and S&W, it isn't that hard to see which gun is on the short end of the stick.

MT2008 11-28-2008 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gunmaster45 (Post 48)
The only Smith & Wesson auto I own is a Model 39 with pearl grips. It's a nice gun but single stack 9mm is pretty poor for the time and it won't fire with the magazine removed. I've seen at least 10 action movies where such a gun would leave you totally screwed.

They're all like that, aren't they? I know that if I drop the mag in my 4506 and pull the trigger (in either SA or DA), I get no hammer fall. Don't think I've seen a Smith auto that doesn't do that. Good thing life isn't like the movies (usually)..

I'd have my folks sell you mine (it's still back at my parents' house, along with the AK and the rest of my dad's gun collection). I wanted to sell it before I bought the P226, but never got around to it.

bunni 11-28-2008 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Checkman (Post 36)
Well here are a few of mine. Smith & Wesson Model 28 Highway Patrolman (.357 magnum). The two grey ones I had parkarized and then coated with teflon. Very strong finishes. I left one blued.

Oh man those parked revolvers are gorgeous! :eek:

MT2008 11-28-2008 09:57 PM

BTW, so for those who haven't seen it, here is the pic of my P226 I took for my profile:

http://www.imfdb.org/images/0/0f/MyP226-2.jpg

Yournamehere 11-28-2008 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MT2008 (Post 43)
Eh, I respect 'em. Unfortunately, the only Smith auto I own is a 4506, and I've just never been able to enjoy it that much. It's just too big. As far as the "greatness" goes, they do what they do well and are very nicely priced. They don't quite have that stylishness and mystique that their Euro counterparts tend to have.

I became a SIG P226 owner recently. I understand (from reading your profile) that you think the 5906 is the P226's equal in most ways - except cost?

They're reminiscent of eachother. They're both full sized guns, yet are shorter than most, they work no matter what you do to 'em, they're combat accurate, and just plain sexy.

S&W has different models within models too, mine has the round trigger guard, the round butt xenoy grips and the low mount Novak 3 dot sights. You can change the grips, or get a model with adjustable or post sights, and the famous square trigger guard. Their first and second generation guns also have noteworthy trigger reset and fine tuning you won't find in a modern day 3rd gen, or most other double action pistols,and at 3-400 bucks average, it's a great buy.

As far as the magazine disconnect goes, it can't leave you screwed if you reload right. Have your new magazine ready before you drop your original one, and you'll only have a split second of "safe gun". If you're completely out too, what's it matter? Also, if you hold the trigger just close enough to keep the gun from going off, but to leave the action in tact, you can fire it with the mag out. I'm also pretty sure there's some minor smithing that will allow you to disable it as well. It's not a weakness, just a feature.

I drool over the 4506 after working with a S&W auto. The child of the 39 and the 1911, it seems like it'd be a fantastic gun.

Oh and a fine SIG, MT, fine indeed.

MT2008 11-28-2008 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yournamehere (Post 52)
They're reminiscent of eachother. They're both full sized guns, yet are shorter than most, they work no matter what you do to 'em, they're combat accurate, and just plain sexy.

For me, it's ergonomics that are the issue. Smiths have the same style slide-mounted safety/decocker as the Beretta, which I don't really like, as I can't reach it with my thumb without shifting my grip. What I've always liked about SIGs is that they have the decocker in the most convenient place possible. For me, a good pistol should have all controls within instant reach of my thumb. Not sure if that makes the SIG worth the $300 more it costs over the 5906, but it is what I prefer.

As far as "sexiness" goes, I dunno. I don't think either of them are particularly sleek or distinctive-looking in appearance (compared to the 92F, anyway), but the P226 has a kind of rugged handsomeness that the 5906 doesn't have for me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yournamehere (Post 52)
Oh and a fine SIG, MT, fine indeed.

Touche.

Yournamehere 11-29-2008 01:08 AM

In response to the slide mounted safety, disengagging requires no hand adjustment, even for a small handed guy like me, and engaging it in a heated situation isn't necessary as you're just trying to shoot, so from a practical standpoint it's not a problem. I will definitely agree though that the P226 is still superior ergonomically sheerly because the slide stop and mag release, along with the aforementioned decocker are placed almost perfectly for use without adjustment.

Another point I'd like to make though, is that the 5906 is entirely stainless steel, and with the xenoy grips, you don't have to be embarassed with a brown backstrap as a lot of guns gather over time. The added weight from the material also aids in felt recoil when shooting. Most charge extra for a stainless steel model too, including SIG, but the gun is still cheap, and it'll still shoot well, even with hollow points.

I'm not trying to diss your gun and tell every SIG owner to throw their gun away and go buy a Smith, but don't discount it cause it may not look handsome (I think it looks awesome) or it's a little ergonomically unsound (some 1911 slide stops are short, but they're still 1911s, and still great guns.) They deserve far more credit than given, is all I'm trying to say.

Oh and you have a 4506 up for grabs? Which features does it have?

MT2008 11-29-2008 02:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yournamehere (Post 57)
In response to the slide mounted safety, disengagging requires no hand adjustment, even for a small handed guy like me, and engaging it in a heated situation isn't necessary as you're just trying to shoot, so from a practical standpoint it's not a problem. I will definitely agree though that the P226 is still superior ergonomically sheerly because the slide stop and mag release, along with the aforementioned decocker are placed almost perfectly for use without adjustment.

Another point I'd like to make though, is that the 5906 is entirely stainless steel, and with the xenoy grips, you don't have to be embarassed with a brown backstrap as a lot of guns gather over time. The added weight from the material also aids in felt recoil when shooting. Most charge extra for a stainless steel model too, including SIG, but the gun is still cheap, and it'll still shoot well, even with hollow points.

I'm not trying to diss your gun and tell every SIG owner to throw their gun away and go buy a Smith, but don't discount it cause it may not look handsome (I think it looks awesome) or it's a little ergonomically unsound (some 1911 slide stops are short, but they're still 1911s, and still great guns.) They deserve far more credit than given, is all I'm trying to say.

Oh and you have a 4506 up for grabs? Which features does it have?

Hmmm, really? Not sure I'd say I have very big hands, but I do have pretty long fingers. I can handle DA trigger pulls on guns that most other people can't, even the USP series (which has a really long, stiff DA pull). But I still don't like slide-mounted safeties. The Beretta is at least a bit short, but Smiths are pretty tall. I know from experience that I just cannot reach the decocker on my 4506 without shifting my grip.

I definitely wouldn't "discount" Smiths exactly. I respect their ruggedness and affordability. And SIGs are, frankly, overpriced for what you get. But I just like the way they fit my hand better than Smiths. It really comes down to that for me.

As far as my 4506 being "up for grabs", it isn't exactly because I don't have it on me at the moment. I moved to Texas a few months ago and didn't bring any of the guns I have at my parents' house, including the 4506. I would have my dad sell it, but he's Internet-averse when it comes to buying/selling.

But I really would like to sell it. It just isn't for me and I never use it.

Yournamehere 11-29-2008 03:01 AM

To be honest, I wouldn't be able to buy it either. I could trade at best but that'd be it. It's real high on my wish list though. What features are on it, though? Trigger guard, grips, sights, what?

MT2008 11-29-2008 03:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yournamehere (Post 62)
To be honest, I wouldn't be able to buy it either. I could trade at best but that'd be it. It's real high on my wish list though. What features are on it, though? Trigger guard, grips, sights, what?

It has the rounded trigger guard, Novak three-dot sight, can't remember grip type.

Yournamehere 11-29-2008 07:07 AM

Ah, I gotta have the adjustable sight, or if I'm lucky, the post sights and a square trigger guard, the grip doesn't matter cause it can be changed. Still, nice gun.

MT2008 11-29-2008 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yournamehere (Post 67)
Ah, I gotta have the adjustable sight, or if I'm lucky, the post sights and a square trigger guard, the grip doesn't matter cause it can be changed. Still, nice gun.

Well, no worries. I can't really sell it at the moment, anyway, even though I'd like to. ;)

Gunmaster45 11-29-2008 07:45 AM

I gotta say out of all those guns, I'd take a Colt M1911A1 Series 70 over any SIG, Smith, Glock, or Beretta. To me, it is the king of handguns. Ultimatley customizable, fits great in the hand. I prefer condition one over double action myself, which works great since a .45 has a frame safety. And guns like the Para Ordinance P-14 cancel out the whole whining over small capacity. If you have seven shots, you make them count. If you have 15, some people think they can piss away a shot or two (although people should know better).

I'm a 1911 man.

Yournamehere 11-29-2008 07:58 AM

You sound like my buddy Mik. I've been dealt a bad hand when it comes to 1911s, though I completely agree that they are, all things considered, the best handguns ever made. The thing is a Series 70 will run you over a thousand, new or original, and if you put down that much money for a gun, especially a high end 1911, you're not ever gonna want to get it dirty. I wouldn't, for fear of the dreaded moron mark that may fall upon it after cleaning. That's why all the wondernines and DA weapons have taken center stage, cause they're cheaper, they perform well enough, and no one's gonna really care if you get some wear on it. Maybe you can afford it, but I sure can't. Also, you're right about the ammo thing, but if you can take down what you have to take down in one shot, you have 15 or 16 instead of 7 or 8, so higher capacity is always a plus. Para grips are a bit too big for me as well, but they are great guns.

If I had to choose a 1911 though, I'd get one of the Cotl made 70s in Electroless Nickel. That or a Springfield GI in Stainless Steel, which I could tune myself to whatever specs I desire, for about half to three quarters of the price. I own a Springfield GI Parkerized, and with the S&Ws flawless Stainless Steel, and the wear the Parking endured, I've learned that a finish is a very serious consideration, which is why prefer Stainless or Electroless Nickel.

Gunmaster45 11-29-2008 11:15 PM

Eventually...

I'm gonna try to make myself a pair of Series 70s with compensators. That would be cool. My dad keeps a Series 70 as his home defense gun but I want two of my own one day.

I currently have one of my compensators on my Frankenstein .45 "Gladys", it is an M1911 frame and everything else is A1. Doesn't feel right.

Besides, akimbo isn't really effective, but it is awesome none the less.

"Give a man a gun and he's superman, give him two and he's god!" -Hard Boiled

Great quote. Someone should add it to the front page.

MT2008 11-30-2008 12:42 AM

I haven't fired very many 1911s. I respect the design, but don't exactly love the ergonomics. Actually, that's just a problem I have with .45s in general...

Yournamehere 11-30-2008 02:29 AM

For the record, I hate the term "akimbo", my gun buddies and I just say "Woo" or "John Woo" when referring to dual wielding.

Ex: "Chow Yun Fat John Woo's Beretta 92s a lot."

Again, man, you got your head in the clouds when it comes to your gun wish list. I don't like compensators, though I did fire a custom Springfield Mil-Spec with a ported slide and barrel, and that was awesome.

An M1911 Frame? So it doesn't have finger relief cuts? How do you live with that!

Gunmaster45 11-30-2008 09:13 AM

No relief cuts....

I'm more used to not having the relief cuts so it doesn't bother me as much. What bugs me more is the shorter grip safety spur. Hammer bite hurts like a bitch.

Surprisingly, my gun wish list isn't too high in the clouds. It's becoming a pretty high possibility actually. I might even have them done by next year.

I like akimbo, sounds sophisticated. Or dual-wielding to be simple. Woo is actually kind of cool though.

My compensators are nickel plated with three cuts. They attach as a barrel bushing and work great. (they're not those little crappy extended bushings that look like a slightly extended barrel, they are those block compensators that make the guns look like 6" long slides.

Since my dad is a dealer, some gun order books have some great deals. How does an original sniper Mosin Nagant M91/30 with a 3.5PU scope for $350 sound. Pretty damn good. A Glock 3rd gen 21 for 300 bucks. Awesome.

We get some good deals.

Yournamehere 11-30-2008 11:07 PM

There's sophisticated, and then there's pedantic. We try and sound knowledgeable and cool first, and "sophisticated" second. There's a bunch of terms we use, most of which derive from movies or television, but you get the idea.

$350 for a Sniper model is pretty good, and though I, and no one else, wants a Glock 21, it's a lot more considerable at $300 depending upon condition.

Oh, you have REAL compensators, nice.

AdAstra2009 12-02-2008 01:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gunmaster45 (Post 31)
Never heard of .30-30?! The .30-30 was a rifle cartridge first invented as a new round to fire the smokeless powder, being first fired in the Winchester 1894 rifle, a gun built specially to fire the high-pressure round. It is an infamous rifle cartridge, most common in lever guns.

Strangly .308 Winchester is somewhat uncommon in lever guns. Not unheard of, but somewhat rare.

Since Winchester cheapened most of Browning's ingenius designs such as the '92 and '94 rifles, the Marlin guns were actually suprerior at the time. Treat the 336 well, Bunni.

I've heard that the .308 Winchester is not used in lever guns due to the combination of the tube magazine and the fact that .308 Winchester is a spitzer round and that the recoil coupled with the bullets touching the primers of the rounds ahead of them causing a chain reaction and resulting in god knows what.

Gunmaster45 12-02-2008 02:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yournamehere (Post 96)
$350 for a Sniper model is pretty good, and though I, and no one else, wants a Glock 21, it's a lot more considerable at $300 depending upon condition.

Don't like Glocks, huh? I like them, they're cool, easy to dissassemble and resistant. .45 ACP is a very good bullet, and in a Glock, 13 rounds sounds good to me. Did you know a fully loaded Glock 17 weighs less than an empty 1911. I thought that's kind of cool.

I'm optimistic, if the gun works, I like it. I try it though. I don't trust what some guy on a website says. I don't say I like or dislike something unless I've tested it myself.

Like MadOgre and his opinion on M16s. I respectfully disagree with his hate for them. They are fine rifles.

Yournamehere 12-02-2008 02:30 AM

I have respect for the M16 series, though, any bad rep is hard to get rid of, credible or not. I have no problem with Glocks either, I love second gens, but the Glock 21 is too big a gun. If I want 13 rounds of .45 in a tupperware gun, I'll grab an XD. Now that is a good budget gun.

MT2008 12-02-2008 02:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gunmaster45 (Post 128)
Like MadOgre and his opinion on M16s. I respectfully disagree with his hate for them. They are fine rifles.

I don't have that much experience with them, but I think some of the flaws their detractors complain about are legitimate. Let's face it - direct gas impingement just sounds like a dumb idea to any layman from the get-go. Hopefully, piston ARs will start to replace the older direct gas impingement guns currently in use, which I think will increase the lifespan of the platform for ages (possibly even to 1911 immortality).

It does say something, though, that almost every SF which is allowed to choose their equipment seems to pick the M16 or M4 over whatever service rifle their country uses.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yournamehere (Post 130)
I love second gens, but the Glock 21 is too big a gun. If I want 13 rounds of .45 in a tupperware gun, I'll grab an XD. Now that is a good budget gun.

I held one of those recently at a gun show. Was it just me, or does that thing have just about the fattest grip of any .45 I've held?

Yournamehere 12-02-2008 02:55 AM

It's a fat bastard yeah, but hey, Glock can say they have seven calibers instead of six. Go figure.

Another reason I give Glock credit is they're one of the manufacturers that produce or had produced a 10mm handgun, a cartridge that would have likely phased out had they not done that. I'd still opt for a Delta Elite or a 1006 over a Glock 20, but the Glock 20 gave me the option, so thanks, Gaston.

MT2008 12-02-2008 03:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yournamehere (Post 139)
It's a fat bastard yeah, but hey, Glock can say they have seven calibers instead of six. Go figure.

Another reason I give Glock credit is they're one of the manufacturers that produce or had produced a 10mm handgun, a cartridge that would have likely phased out had they not done that. I'd still opt for a Delta Elite or a 1006 over a Glock 20, but the Glock 20 gave me the option, so thanks, Gaston.

Weirdly, I forgot that the G20 was even in production. I don't know anyone who shoots 10mm these days, so I imagine they can't make too many.

As far as the XD45 goes, a lot of people on the Firing Line seem pretty enamored with theirs, so I guess I gotta respect that. Still, not for me (since I don't have such big hands), plus I think they were probably trying a little too hard to outdo Glock. You can almost hear the R&D folks going, "They put 13 rounds in a standard-cap mag? Well, screw them...we're gonna cram ONE more round in and brag that we have the highest-capacity .45 polymer pistol on the market! Never mind if you need to be a gorilla to hold it!"

Yournamehere 12-02-2008 03:40 AM

Actually the XD mags hold 13, the "14 rounds of .45" includes the chamber. They're also not that hard to wield either, quite comfortable I thought. They are accurate too! For a 4 inch barreled gun, they shoot fantastic! Even back in my rookie days I was getting decent groups with the XD having little or no experience with an automatic. It's the smart man's Glock.

Nyles 12-02-2008 03:40 AM

[quote=MT2008;137]I don't have that much experience with them, but I think some of the flaws their detractors complain about are legitimate. Let's face it - direct gas impingement just sounds like a dumb idea to any layman from the get-go. Hopefully, piston ARs will start to replace the older direct gas impingement guns currently in use, which I think will increase the lifespan of the platform for ages (possibly even to 1911 immortality).

It does say something, though, that almost every SF which is allowed to choose their equipment seems to pick the M16 or M4 over whatever service rifle their country uses.[quote]

Well, it's important to consider that the AR is about the most user-friendly rifle on the market. I never really gave that much thought until I actually joined the military and realised that most troops AREN'T weapons experts. Particularly with an optically sighted version like our C7A1 / C7A2s, it is very easy to train an inexperienced marksman to a relatively high proficiency very quickly.

Even the AK, while extremely easy to use, due to it's lack of accuracy, shitty sights and heavier recoil, is alot harder to use to that same standard. In the hands of an untrained insurgent at 50 yards, it's fairly effective. In the hands of even a moderately well trained soldier at 100-200 yards, the C7 / M16 wins hands down.

Direct gas impingement definately has it's problems, but it also reduces parts and keeps the weight down. I did an exchange with the Brits where I spent two weeks shooting the SA80A2 very extensively - it's a smaller rifle of similar construction (and, in it's A2 form, pretty reliable), but it's also noticeably heavier. This is something to consider about SF - lighter and easier to carry, particularly when you're going to be operating on your own for long periods without resupply. Among other things, SF are raiders and spotters - the last thing they want to do is get into a firefight, because they're going to lose. They just don't carry the heavy weapons and ammo that line infantry does.

MT2008 12-02-2008 03:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nyles (Post 153)
Well, it's important to consider that the AR is about the most user-friendly rifle on the market.

And that's what it comes down to. I'll take AR ergonomics over that of just about any other design in existence (ESPECIALLY that of AKs, even though I'm an AK owner).

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nyles (Post 153)
Direct gas impingement definately has it's problems, but it also reduces parts and keeps the weight down. I did an exchange with the Brits where I spent two weeks shooting the SA80A2 very extensively - it's a smaller rifle of similar construction (and, in it's A2 form, pretty reliable), but it's also noticeably heavier.

True, but that was a bigger issue back when most of the rifles were made primarily of metal and only the furniture was plastic. Now that a lot of manufacturers are using more polymer in the construction of the receiver, it's probably going to matter less.

Gunmaster45 12-20-2008 01:05 AM

Beretta 9mm to 1911 .45

Hey MT, I remember you said you're not a fan of .45s because they are too big. I compared a Beretta 92FS to a 1911. For a small handed shooter, a 1911fits better. Berettas have wider grips. I think Tauruses are thinner but still, wouldn't a 1911 fit your hands better? Although 1911s are a little harder to control, you get used to them eventually to the point that they feel like a 9mm. I'm not trying to sell it to you but I was just a little curious on the matter.

Yournamehere 12-20-2008 01:12 AM

In most cases, you can't beat the profile of a single stack .45.

Also, my soon to be Christmas present:

http://pics.gunbroker.com/GB/1185800...x438061875.jpg

Granted I win the bid, it's mine.