imfdb.org

imfdb.org (http://forum.imfdb.org/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://forum.imfdb.org/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   New Video Games/ Movies (http://forum.imfdb.org/showthread.php?t=1091)

Swordfish941 04-24-2011 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by k9870 (Post 28039)
Main bad guy: Ted Turner.

His next bad guy should be based off Jack Abramoff. ;)

Swordfish941 04-29-2011 10:09 PM

I'm watching the original Star Wars, not the prequels where Darth Vader's a whiny bitch. :p

funkychinaman 04-29-2011 11:14 PM

Tell me this isn't the first time you've seen the original trilogy and that you didn't see the prequels before you saw the originals.

Swordfish941 04-29-2011 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by funkychinaman (Post 28210)
Tell me this isn't the first time you've seen the original trilogy and that you didn't see the prequels before you saw the originals.

I've seen the original trilogy before. The only thing good about the prequels was Ewan McGregor as Obi Wan Kenobi.

Excalibur 04-30-2011 04:43 AM

I've been watching the CGI Clone Wars series and damn it is some fine piece of story telling. I don't know how much George Lucas was involved, but thank god not much in the story department.

Seriously, the 3 seasons so far and 4th season coming this fall made me really like the prequel story and makes the movies terrible pieces of work than they already are. The 2008 movie that started the CGI series started me on this. Within a few episodes, they made Anakin Skywalker, a man in the prequels this whining bitch of a man who you just hate...is a well developed, well rounded and likable guy. Seriously, they actually made Anakin Skywalker a GOOD character in the series. He's a competent leader, a Jedi master training a padawan, he's respected by his Jedi peers, not some whining, bitching douche and the hints of the dark side seeping in are actually subtle! Goes to show you want a series of episodes can do to the prequel stories more than the movies will ever do.

BurtReynoldsMoustache 04-30-2011 05:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Excalibur (Post 28237)
I've been watching the CGI Clone Wars series and damn it is some fine piece of story telling. I don't know how much George Lucas was involved, but thank god not much in the story department.

Seriously, the 3 seasons so far and 4th season coming this fall made me really like the prequel story and makes the movies terrible pieces of work than they already are. The 2008 movie that started the CGI series started me on this. Within a few episodes, they made Anakin Skywalker, a man in the prequels this whining bitch of a man who you just hate...is a well developed, well rounded and likable guy. Seriously, they actually made Anakin Skywalker a GOOD character in the series. He's a competent leader, a Jedi master training a padawan, he's respected by his Jedi peers, not some whining, bitching douche and the hints of the dark side seeping in are actually subtle! Goes to show you want a series of episodes can do to the prequel stories more than the movies will ever do.

I feel so silly saying this but Cad Bane was a pretty good character.

funkychinaman 04-30-2011 07:54 AM

I was kind of against the CGI Clone Wars series at first, because the original Clone Wars series was so good, but I've watched every episode so far, and it's won me over. The writers have done their homework, and whoever is doing animated Anakin is much better than Hayden Christiansen doing live-action Anakin.

funkychinaman 04-30-2011 08:00 AM

Finally watched Last Starfighter tonight. Given how far video games have come since 1984, it deserves a remake.

Excalibur 04-30-2011 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by funkychinaman (Post 28253)
I was kind of against the CGI Clone Wars series at first, because the original Clone Wars series was so good, but I've watched every episode so far, and it's won me over. The writers have done their homework, and whoever is doing animated Anakin is much better than Hayden Christiansen doing live-action Anakin.

I know. There's an episode where we explore his dark side and he confronts a scary ghost of his dead mom and it's such a better scene.

funkychinaman 04-30-2011 06:53 PM

I keep wondering how they're going to explain Ahsoka away when the show ends.


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:10 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.