imfdb.org

imfdb.org (http://forum.imfdb.org/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://forum.imfdb.org/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   New Video Games/ Movies (http://forum.imfdb.org/showthread.php?t=1091)

funkychinaman 06-07-2011 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swordfish941 (Post 30034)
I thought Ken Wantanabe was 42. And I did not know that Snakw Eyes was white (I always knew he was badass). But do you know who would make a good Tomax and Xamot? Sharlto Copley. What did you think of my other choices?

42 would be a bit too old too. He certainly looks like he's 51. He's got adult kids.

Snakes-Eyes is a white guy, and him and Storm Shadow are supposed to be about the same age. Originally, in the comic, they fought in Vietnam in the same LRRP unit as Stalker.

As for your other choices, Terry Crews as Roadblock is excellent. When I saw the Baroness, Sarah Palin popped briefly in my mind, which is not right. If they can combine her looks and Ariana Huffington's voice, we've got a winner. And I can't even think of Shipwreck now without going to Shore Leave from the Venture Brothers. Mark Strong would make a good Zartan as well.

I saw your handle there. Is that an ELO reference?

Swordfish941 06-07-2011 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by funkychinaman (Post 30035)
I saw your handle there. Is that an ELO reference?

Yes it is.

Spartan198 06-07-2011 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by funkychinaman (Post 30032)
I never used that enhanced manueverabilty whatever in HAWX except to get the achievement anyway. It just felt weird. I know the games aren't supposed to be realistic, but that was just too much.

Maybe, but I feel it'd be nice to have the option. I've honestly never felt like the "ace" that the games' plots and dialogue made Mobius 1, Blaze, and Cypher out to be because you could be doing something as mundane as turning to the left and you'll hear somebody exclaim "Look at that flying, it's almost not human". :rolleyes: It'd be great if I could be doing something like backflipping over the MiG about to light me up when some NPC starts blabbing about my "inhuman" flying. ;)

funkychinaman 06-08-2011 03:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spartan198 (Post 30037)
Maybe, but I feel it'd be nice to have the option. I've honestly never felt like the "ace" that the games' plots and dialogue made Mobius 1, Blaze, and Cypher out to be because you could be doing something as mundane as turning to the left and you'll hear somebody exclaim "Look at that flying, it's almost not human". :rolleyes: It'd be great if I could be doing something like backflipping over the MiG about to light me up when some NPC starts blabbing about my "inhuman" flying. ;)

But that's the thing, it was impossible to hit anything unless you had the super maneuverable missiles. There was an achievement where you had to destroy a ground target with your gun while in that mode, and it took me dozens of tries to get.

funkychinaman 06-08-2011 03:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swordfish941 (Post 30034)
But do you know who would make a good Tomax and Xamot? Sharlto Copley.

He's kinda dorky, don't you think? I always imagined the twins to be a little more suave and sophisticated. Besides, unless he's like Linda Hamilton or Jon Heder and has a twin no one knows about, they'd have to do that Patty Duke thing with him throughout the entire film.

S&Wshooter 06-08-2011 07:04 PM

I bought Just Cause 2 from my brother for $10 because he needed $10 for something

funkychinaman 06-11-2011 01:46 AM

I don't know if you guys have seen this, but it's thirteen minutes of gameplay from MW3.

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3...call-of/714784

In keeping with the finest traditions of the Modern Warfare series, 1) it looks really fun, 2) there are gaping plot holes.

Long story short, you have to fight your way to the NYSE on foot, fighting Russians troops and Hinds along the way, to get to the roof of the NYSE to blow up some antenna/transmitter thingy. Not "collect intel from," or "find," but blow up. Once that's done, they send a Blackhawk to pick you up DIRECTLY from the rooftop. So, instead of just sending in gunships, or even that same Blackhawk to blow up something ON THE ROOF, they make you fight street by street, house by house. (Did I mention it looks really fun? Because it looks really fun.)

k9870 06-11-2011 02:13 AM

Having a working magnifyer is sweet. Gameplay looks fun, even if its like, not different from mw2....graphics look.....the same.

S&Wshooter 06-11-2011 02:28 AM

I bought Inception and am watching Bullitt right now

funkychinaman 06-11-2011 04:34 PM

Finished up MoH. The Campaign was a lot better than I had thought it would be. The reviews had said that it was a bit glitchy, and I did have to restart one section after not being able to advance due to a glitch. My biggest complaint about the game, however, was having two companies do the campaign and multiplayer. Usually, the campaign is supposed to get you acclimated to multiplayer, but when I played a bit, it was a bit foreign. But generally, a good use of 15 bucks.