imfdb.org

imfdb.org (http://forum.imfdb.org/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://forum.imfdb.org/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   We're all going to die (http://forum.imfdb.org/showthread.php?t=2353)

SPEMack618 09-17-2014 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MT2008 (Post 41200)
Sure, if you don't mind the fact that my first order of business will be to outsource collection and data storage to Booz Allen Hamilton... :p

That's fine. Just so long as we use the office in Atlanta, one of my Fraternity brothers/former battle buddy works there. :)

Wes Clark takes the cake as the worst of the post-Vietnam era four stars, in my opinion.

MT2008 09-17-2014 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPEMack618 (Post 41211)
That's fine. Just so long as we use the office in Atlanta, one of my Fraternity brothers/former battle buddy works there. :)

Ah, I was just going to kick out all of the overpaid uniformed and GS civilian personnel and replace them with client-facing contractors working in the Pentagon (there are already tons of Booz folks there, anyway).

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPEMack618 (Post 41211)
Wes Clark takes the cake as the worst of the post-Vietnam era four stars, in my opinion.

Not a Wes Clark fan myself. Haven't met him yet, but I know people who have and say he's insufferable. For fun, read this take on his narcissism by Tom Ricks.

funkychinaman 09-17-2014 10:43 PM

There was an unpolished honesty about his presidential run that was refreshing though. Time magazine did a feature about the various Democratic candidates, and one of them questions was "What's in your CD player right now," and I remember John Edwards said it was the best of Bruce Springsteen, which is a safe answer for a Democrat, while Wesley Clark said "Journey's Greatest Hits," which is a great album, one that I think most people secretly love, but carries no political message. He could've pandered and said Springsteen or hip-hop, or been pretentious and said classical, or looked out of touch and said Elvis or something, but I think Journey was a great and honest answer.

I had forgotten about Stars Earn Stripes. I was about to suggest Jeremy Boorda for worst post-Vietnam four star, but hosting a bad reality show pushes him over the top.

SPEMack618 09-18-2014 04:46 PM

MT, just so long as you can tell me where the evil robots are, that's fine.

MT2008 09-28-2014 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPEMack618 (Post 41222)
MT, just so long as you can tell me where the evil robots are, that's fine.

No concerns about disgruntled employees downloading classified intel and documents to sell to our enemies, or pass along to Glenn Greenwald? :D

SPEMack618 09-29-2014 02:58 PM

Well, any disgruntled employees we have will be courteously shown the door into the barren wasteland that was once LA. :D

And I intend to bring Greenwald into the fold as a consultant, the guy's brillant in some regards, and besides, if he works for us, I can ship his ass to Leavenworth if he steps out of line.