imfdb.org

imfdb.org (http://forum.imfdb.org/index.php)
-   Just Guns (http://forum.imfdb.org/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Getting issued a G45 MOS next week (http://forum.imfdb.org/showthread.php?t=2636)

Jcordell 04-10-2021 03:38 AM

Getting issued a G45 MOS next week

Today I unexpectedly received an e-mail advising me that a new shipment of Glock pistols is coming in next week and I can have either a 5th Gen G19 MOS or G45 MOS. If I want to buy my Gen 4 G19 it will cost me $290. Good price so I'm buying it. It was issued to me new in the box back in 2013 and I've been the only operator- it's basically been mine for the past eight years anyway. I'm going to go with the G45 this time because why not?

MT2008 04-14-2021 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jcordell (Post 45215)
Today I unexpectedly received an e-mail advising me that a new shipment of Glock pistols is coming in next week and I can have either a 5th Gen G19 MOS or G45 MOS. If I want to buy my Gen 4 G19 it will cost me $290. Good price so I'm buying it. It was issued to me new in the box back in 2013 and I've been the only operator- it's basically been mine for the past eight years anyway. I'm going to go with the G45 this time because why not?

Good choice! I haven't yet had the chance to shoot the G45 myself yet, but if I buy another Glock, I've decided that it's going to be the G45. I've heard a lot of good things about it from pretty much every gun YouTuber I watch (check out Hickok45's video if you haven't already, here). I think it'll be a great final service pistol for you; the additional grip length and extra rounds in the mag will be nice, compared to the G19.

RE buying your Gen4 G19: No objection there; do you prefer to collect every service pistol you've had? I'm not in Law Enforcement, but if I were, that's what I'd do: I'd want to have a collection of all my service weapons as a memento of my career, and to pass along to my kids/grandkids.

Jcordell 04-16-2021 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MT2008 (Post 45216)
RE buying your Gen4 G19: No objection there; do you prefer to collect every service pistol you've had? I'm not in Law Enforcement, but if I were, that's what I'd do: I'd want to have a collection of all my service weapons as a memento of my career, and to pass along to my kids/grandkids.

I traded off the SIG P220, but I have held onto the SIG P245. When I was issued the Gen 4 G19 in '13 I asked about buying the Gen 3 G19 that I had been carrying since 2006. The Lieutenant said that wouldn't be a problem, but then he turned around and traded it. Oh well. I should be carrying the G45 until I retire; which is tentatively set for 2025 or 2026. The department gifts the retiring officer his/her duty sidearm after having the slide engraved with the badge number and years of service. So I'll be able to have a collection of most of my duty handguns. I also have a Beretta 92FS as an example of the M9 that I carried in the Army. I don't have an M249, M16A2 or an M4 carbine though. :rolleyes:

Spartan198 04-16-2021 02:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jcordell (Post 45221)
I don't have an M249, M16A2 or an M4 carbine though. :rolleyes:

Damn the NFA. LOL

MT2008 04-17-2021 03:21 PM

Quote:

I traded off the SIG P220, but I have held onto the SIG P245. When I was issued the Gen 4 G19 in '13 I asked about buying the Gen 3 G19 that I had been carrying since 2006. The Lieutenant said that wouldn't be a problem, but then he turned around and traded it. Oh well. I should be carrying the G45 until I retire; which is tentatively set for 2025 or 2026. The department gifts the retiring officer his/her duty sidearm after having the slide engraved with the badge number and years of service. So I'll be able to have a collection of most of my duty handguns.

That's a pretty good collection. When you retire, build a glass case to display them, and put the dates that you carried them on tags next to each. :cool:

Quote:

I also have a Beretta 92FS as an example of the M9 that I carried in the Army. I don't have an M249, M16A2 or an M4 carbine though. :rolleyes:

I'd tell you to get into the clone game for AR builds, but that way lies madness and depleted bank accounts (I know - the clone that I'm building now has set me back more than $3,000 so far).

Jcordell 05-25-2021 02:33 AM

Picked up my G45 MOS a couple weeks ago. Haven't found the time to qualify with it yet so I'm still carrying my G19 Gen 4 (which I purchased for $290). I have to say I really like the feel of the G45. I like the gen 3/4 finger grooves - they fit my hand, but I must say the retro Gen 1/2 grip also fits my hand very comfortably. I've been reading articles about the model when it was introduced in 2018. One thing that I have noticed is that nobody compared it to the Colt Commander (shorter barrel with the regular 1911 grip) which seems odd to me and I happen to be a fan of the Commander.

Jcordell 07-08-2021 02:41 AM

Finally got qualified on the G45 today. I shot a 99% (out of 100) first time through. It's an easy to shoot pistol and the "new" grip design is comfortable. I put a couple rounds through it after shooting the qualification course. No snags. Now will I make it to retirement with this pistol or will I be issued a Gen 6?

Jcordell 09-03-2021 03:06 AM

So here is my G45 with it's predecessor; the G19 that I have been carrying since 2013. I purchased the G19 for $200 from my agency. It was issued to me new in the box back in 13. I was asked if I wanted to buy it. For $200 I figured I would be crazy not to. I do like the G45 though. The balance is very nice and the grip is a comfortable design. I retire in a few years and I'll likely be gifted the G45 as a retirement gift. They engrave the retiring officers name, badge number (111) and years of service on the slide.

https://i.postimg.cc/mzDgNtpD/IMG-20210901-180655.jpg