imfdb.org

imfdb.org (http://forum.imfdb.org/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://forum.imfdb.org/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   New Video Games/ Movies (http://forum.imfdb.org/showthread.php?t=1091)

k9870 01-24-2013 06:42 PM

Yeah a better version of homefront with better production and story would be nice. The graphics and mechanics felt old and story had more plot holes than mw2.

A shooter about americans defending the country from foreign threat though, is something i want to play

funkychinaman 01-24-2013 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by k9870 (Post 37707)
Yeah a better version of homefront with better production and story would be nice. The graphics and mechanics felt old and story had more plot holes than mw2.

A shooter about americans defending the country from foreign threat though, is something i want to play

MW2, MW3 and BO2 didn't do it for you?

Excalibur 01-24-2013 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by funkychinaman (Post 37708)
MW2, MW3 and BO2 didn't do it for you?

Neither of those games had an Red Dawn story. The story idea is very simple, grim and different from just a military shooter. The setting is middle America after a take over of a foreign military. We have check points, execution squads, mass graves, tough times. We play the citizens fighting back. That's what Homefront potential has. It sets up a backstory where a country we thought isn't a threat becomes powerful and now aims at taking us out. The tone is a lot different from your Call of Duty or Battlefield style of gameplay. I want to see us using civilian weapons that don't fire full auto, some guns with limited magazine capacities against a well trained, and well armed military. You don't get grenades right off the bat, but grenades are constantly being thrown at you. Tanks and armored vehicles come at you and there isn't a rocket launcher in sight.

k9870 01-24-2013 09:08 PM

yeah cod was military vs military, i wanted civilian resistance. And i liked the enviroment where people were adpating to life after being under enemy control, going through neighborhoods, having to sneak into an internment camp. That was cool. Just felt like a ton of wasted potential.

Excalibur 01-24-2013 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by k9870 (Post 37711)
yeah cod was military vs military, i wanted civilian resistance. And i liked the enviroment where people were adpating to life after being under enemy control, going through neighborhoods, having to sneak into an internment camp. That was cool. Just felt like a ton of wasted potential.

The reboot Red Dawn movie also had a lot of potential too.

funkychinaman 01-24-2013 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Excalibur (Post 37716)
The reboot Red Dawn movie also had a lot of potential too.

Why didn't they just make a Red Dawn game? I'm guessing it was a rights issue with the remake coming out.

Excalibur 01-25-2013 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by funkychinaman (Post 37718)
Why didn't they just make a Red Dawn game? I'm guessing it was a rights issue with the remake coming out.

They tried. It was called Homefront and the failed at it. Also because of political correctness, they didn't want Russians cause...they aren't that scary anymore and neither are the Chinese

funkychinaman 01-25-2013 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Excalibur (Post 37719)
They tried. It was called Homefront and the failed at it. Also because of political correctness, they didn't want Russians cause...they aren't that scary anymore and neither are the Chinese

Oh, I know, but since it's the same premise and they brought in John Milius to write it anyway, why not? They could've set it in the eighties and retained the Soviets as the villains instead of bending over backwards with the Red Chinese/NK villains.

Spartan198 01-25-2013 05:21 AM

I just hope Saints Row and the WWE license get treated well by their respective venders.

Spartan198 01-26-2013 10:22 AM

The Americans is sounding like it might be a pretty good show so far. It's been a while since I saw a good Cold War spy thriller.