imfdb.org

imfdb.org (http://forum.imfdb.org/index.php)
-   Just Guns (http://forum.imfdb.org/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Good gun quote (http://forum.imfdb.org/showthread.php?t=1382)

Zulu Two Six 11-30-2010 04:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by k9870 (Post 22683)
my guns never hurt anyone, and nobody hurts me, cause ive got a gun

i like guns

k9870 11-30-2010 04:35 AM

yes, great vid

Mr. Wolf 09-06-2011 02:07 AM

Max (Jamie Foxx): You killed him?
Vincent (Tom Cruse): No, I shot him. Bullets and the fall killed him.

- Collateral

:D

Mandolin1 09-06-2011 12:41 PM

From Death Proof, the main characters discuss carrying a gun. Copied from IMDB, unedited.

Lee: Did you know Kim carried a gun?
Abernathy: Yes. Now, do I approve? No. Do I know? Yes?
Kim: Look, I don't know what futuristic utopia you live in, but the world I live in, a bitch need a gun.
Abernathy: You can't get around the fact that people who carry guns, tend to get shot more than people who don't.
Kim: And you can't get around the fact that if I go down to the laundry room in my building at midnight enough times, I might get my ass raped.
Lee: Don't do your laundry at midnight.
Kim: Fuck that! I wanna do my laundry whenever the fuck I wanna do my laundry.
Abernathy: There are other things you can carry other than a gun. Pepper spray.
Kim: Uh, motherfucker tryna rape me? I don't wanna give him skin rash! I wanna shut that nigga down!
Abernathy: How about a knife at least?
Kim: Yeah, you know what happens to motherfuckers carry knives? They get shot! Look, if I ever become a famous actress, I wont carry a gun. I'll hire me a do-dirt nigga, and he'll carry the gun. And when shit goes down, I'll sit back and laugh, but until that day, it's Wild West motherfucker!

Profane, crude, and very true.

Spades of Columbia 09-06-2011 07:05 PM

The Gun Prophet JC has the best:

"Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician."

"Remember the first rule of gunfighting... "have a gun." "

"The will to survive is not as important as the will to prevail... the answer to criminal aggression is retaliation. "

"We continue to be exasperated by the view, apparently gaining momentum in certain circles, that armed robbery is okay as long as nobody gets hurt! The proper solution to armed robbery is a dead robber, on the scene. "

"Pick up a rifle and you change instantly from a subject to a citizen."

"The police cannot protect the citizen at this stage of our development, and they cannot even protect themselves in many cases. It is up to the private citizen to protect himself and his family, and this is not only acceptable, but mandatory. "

Evil Tim 09-06-2011 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spades of Columbia (Post 32150)
"Remember the first rule of gunfighting... "have a gun." "

On the other hand, the first rule of winning a gunfight is "don't get in a gunfight."

Spartan198 09-06-2011 10:04 PM

My personal favorite is the one at the top of my signature.

I also quite like "Trespassers will be shot. Survivors will be shot again." ;)

Spades of Columbia 09-06-2011 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil Tim (Post 32151)
On the other hand, the first rule of winning a gunfight is "don't get in a gunfight."

Maybe winning minus the fun ;)

Mandolin1 09-06-2011 11:06 PM

Quote:

Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician
Exept it DOES make you armed. How can you have a gun and not be armed? Is he saying that you have to be carrying a gun to be armed? That's correct. But even if your're not carrying a guitar, you're still a musician. The analogy dosn't make sense.

Evil Tim 09-06-2011 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mandolin1 (Post 32159)
Exept it DOES make you armed. How can you have a gun and not be armed? Is he saying that you have to be carrying a gun to be armed?

I think it's trying to emphasise that unless you have actual skill with the weapon (and, for that matter, the will to use if need be) you're just a guy with a piece of metal in his hand, same as someone who owns a guitar isn't the same as someone who knows how to use one.