imfdb.org

imfdb.org (http://forum.imfdb.org/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://forum.imfdb.org/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   I am crossing over to the dark side (http://forum.imfdb.org/showthread.php?t=1079)

Kinzer 06-03-2010 07:23 PM

Don't forget Red Dead Redemption.

MT2008 06-03-2010 07:51 PM

Right now, I'm just playing "Gears of War" and "Halo 3". I intend to buy "Modern Warfare 2" next, then maybe "GTA IV".

S&Wshooter 06-03-2010 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MT2008 (Post 13991)
Right now, I'm just playing "Gears of War" and "Halo 3". I intend to buy "Modern Warfare 2" next, then maybe "GTA IV".

Prepare to be really pissed off at the driving. None of the cars have brakes and they apparantly weigh only like 100 lbs because they flip so damn easily

Excalibur 06-03-2010 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by S&Wshooter (Post 13995)
Prepare to be really pissed off at the driving. None of the cars have brakes and they apparantly weigh only like 100 lbs because they flip so damn easily

Actually, it took me a week or two, but I got the hang of driving. It ended up being real fun to drive once you get used to the controls.

MT2008 06-03-2010 10:59 PM

Seriously, right now, I'm still at the point where I'm cursing at the controls of every game I play, just because they're not PC controls. I still have the WASD keyboard controls hard-wired into my brain from so many years of playing Half-Life and its mods.

The thought also occurred to me that GoW also might not be the best game to start with, since its controls aren't like any shooter I've ever played. Oh, well, my neighbors are coming over tonight to show me the ropes in Halo 3.

S&Wshooter 06-03-2010 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MT2008 (Post 14000)
Seriously, right now, I'm still at the point where I'm cursing at the controls of every game I play, just because they're not PC controls. I still have the WASD keyboard controls hard-wired into my brain from so many years of playing Half-Life and its mods.

The thought also occurred to me that GoW also might not be the best game to start with, since its controls aren't like any shooter I've ever played. Oh, well, my neighbors are coming over tonight to show me the ropes in Halo 3.

If you had Live, I could teach you a thing or two. I'd probably just end up shooting you though

MT2008 06-03-2010 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by S&Wshooter (Post 14001)
If you had Live, I could teach you a thing or two. I'd probably just end up shooting you though

Actually, I did register for Live finally (after I got ahold of another router so that I could connect my box to the network). But right now, I'm only using Live to download stuff. I'm not gonna play on Live just yet.

S&Wshooter 06-03-2010 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MT2008 (Post 14002)
Actually, I did register for Live finally (after I got ahold of another router so that I could connect my box to the network). But right now, I'm only using Live to download stuff. I'm not gonna play on Live just yet.

Screen name?

MT2008 06-05-2010 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by S&Wshooter (Post 14003)
Screen name?

Like I said, patience. Also, I'd rather not give my screen name on here.