imfdb.org

imfdb.org (http://forum.imfdb.org/index.php)
-   Guns & Movies (http://forum.imfdb.org/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Most cumulative bullets fired by one actor during his/her career. (http://forum.imfdb.org/showthread.php?t=392)

Cannon 07-16-2009 05:28 AM

Most cumulative bullets fired by one actor during his/her career.

Maybe this is old news or been covered..but..here goes. Does anyone know..or have an inkling as to what actor or actress (hey..it's possible)..has fired the most ammo on screen during their film career?

Gunmaster45 07-16-2009 05:47 AM

I have no idea and even most armorers probably wouldn't since I doubt they keep a tally of every single bullet fired by an actor.

If I had to guess, I'd say Arnold Schwarzenegger. After using the Minigun in T2 and machine guns, shotguns, handguns, and so on in many of his films, it'd be pretty easy to guess he's the ultimate blank firerer.

http://i30.tinypic.com/n36a8l.jpg

Shame he's a dumbass politician now... :P:rolleyes:

http://i25.tinypic.com/32zkg34.jpg
"Ahng! I will fucking punch yoo!"
(sorry, you can't write a dumb accent)

Cannon 07-17-2009 06:39 AM

Yup

That was my guess. But given the amazing amount of incredible data I've seen on this site so far..I wouldn't have been surprised if someone did have a bullet count on someone. Thanks.

MoviePropMaster2008 07-18-2009 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gunmaster45 (Post 4727)
Shame he's a dumbass politician now... :P:rolleyes:

Sorry GM45 stop being a dumbass and believing what the Liberal press says. ;)

I've noticed the Arnold is blamed for EVERYTHING wrong with California when 100% of the blame goes to the ridiculous Democrat controlled legislature, but I've noticed that the media conveniently ignore all the destructive things that they do. Surely he's not as conservative as I would like but he's vetoed MORE anti gun bills thrown his way than any governor in the history of the state.

I see what they are doing. :mad: They are trying to Smear ANY republican governor and insure that they install a liberal Democrat for years to come. I have YET to see a Dem governor veto ANY anti gun legislation EVER. I cringe to think of the crap we're going to have to go through when a DEM governor comes into office. I will probably be officially out of business (as well as all other people in the firearms business) except those that wish to give tens of thousands of dollars in fees (for the 'privilege' of doing what we've been doing for decades). :eek:

MT2008 07-18-2009 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MoviePropMaster2008 (Post 4813)
Surely he's not as conservative as I would like but he's vetoed MORE anti gun bills thrown his way than any governor in the history of the state.

I dunno, I haven't followed what he's vetoed and what he hasn't. What I do know is that he sure hasn't been very supportive of gun owners in public, which isn't necessarily relevant (there have been LOTS of Repubs who have claimed they support gun control to appease the liberals, but done the sensible thing behind-the-scenes). I just find it a tad bit hypocritical that someone who made his fortune by starring in shoot-em-up movies is so unwilling to back gun owners up at all. His movies are pretty much the whole the reason that Magnum Research sold so many Desert Eagles, but he wants us to believe that he wishes it weren't so?

I do find it weird, though, how liberals have so much hate for him even though he's at best about 5% more conservative than Colin Powell. Goes to show how you just can't appease those fuckers... :mad:

MT2008 07-18-2009 10:28 PM

As far as actors who have fired the most bullets, I'd also guess Chow Yun-Fat ranks pretty high up on the list, due to all the John Woo movies he made. In "Hard Boiled" alone, over 100,000 rounds of blank ammunition were fired, and I'm guessing Chow fired most of them. And that's not counting "The Killer" (80K+ rounds fired), the three "A Better Tomorrow" movies, etc. And remember that he's made way, WAY more movies than Schwarzenegger.

Of course, actors who have handled/fired belt-fed weapons like the Minigun are obviously going to have a significant lead over actors who only fire handguns, subguns, or assault rifles.

Gunmaster45 07-19-2009 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MoviePropMaster2008 (Post 4813)
Sorry GM45 stop being a dumbass and believing what the Liberal press says. ;)

I've noticed the Arnold is blamed for EVERYTHING wrong with California when 100% of the blame goes to the ridiculous Democrat controlled legislature, but I've noticed that the media conveniently ignore all the destructive things that they do. Surely he's not as conservative as I would like but he's vetoed MORE anti gun bills thrown his way than any governor in the history of the state.

I see what they are doing. :mad: They are trying to Smear ANY republican governor and insure that they install a liberal Democrat for years to come. I have YET to see a Dem governor veto ANY anti gun legislation EVER. I cringe to think of the crap we're going to have to go through when a DEM governor comes into office. I will probably be officially out of business (as well as all other people in the firearms business) except those that wish to give tens of thousands of dollars in fees (for the 'privilege' of doing what we've been doing for decades). :eek:

I don't judge him entirely for his views on gun control (which I admit I may have overlooked, so dumbass I am), but I'm not fond on some of his other views, such as gay marriage and imigration. I don't wish to start arguments about these things on here though, because you guys are my friends and political differences hurt friendships.

BTW, the dumbest quote of the year was ACTUALLY awared to Arnie when he said the following, "I believe gay marriage should be between a man and a woman." WTF?!:D

Oh, one more thing, the first time I read Arnold had done something negative towards gun-owners, it was in American Rifleman magazine, I don't know if you'd consider that "liberal press"...

Vangelis 07-19-2009 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gunmaster45 (Post 4818)
BTW, the dumbest quote of the year was ACTUALLY awared to Arnie when he said the following, "I believe gay marriage should be between a man and a woman." WTF?!:D

He missed off "...And another woman, and the man should be me."

Alcatrazz 07-19-2009 02:05 AM

Didn't Starship Troopers hold the record for most blanks fired in a film?

AdAstra2009 07-19-2009 03:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gunmaster45 (Post 4818)

He made a mistake/slip, and you shouldn't judge him on that.

It would be equivalent to if I were to call you a dumbass for making a typo.

Gunmaster45 07-19-2009 03:29 AM

Well, it's also a dumb quote because he's saying gay marriage is wrong. :mad: . I'm not gay myself but I know a few gay kids in my school who get a lot of shit their way, so I support gay marriage.

Like I said, I don't want to cause bad arguments here, so lets end it at that. :o

Phoenixent 07-19-2009 04:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alcatrazz (Post 4826)
Didn't Starship Troopers hold the record for most blanks fired in a film?

How many rounds would that be? 300,000 rounds of all calibers according to an article.

I know how many 7.62x39 blank we fired on We Were Soldiers. We fired 250,000 rounds of just 7.62x39. I would say about 200,000 rounds of .223 and 60,000 rounds of 7.62 NATO. Not sure of the 9mm or 7.62x54R fired on the show. It is well over 500,000 rounds used up on one show.

AdAstra2009 07-19-2009 05:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gunmaster45 (Post 4833)
Well, it's also a dumb quote because he's saying gay marriage is wrong. :mad: . I'm not gay myself but I know a few gay kids in my school who get a lot of shit their way, so I support gay marriage.

Like I said, I don't want to cause bad arguments here, so lets end it at that. :o

Well it's dumb in your opinion, not mine -I'm firmly against gay marriage even though I know some homosexuals. (though I am not going to go into why I'm against it because it could start an argument)
I think it would be good that no politics with the exception of Gun Control be discussed here.

Gunmaster45 07-19-2009 10:22 AM

Agreed, I'm already tempted to argue. :o

Krel 07-19-2009 11:19 PM

Didn't the Goven-ator sign a ban on .50 BMG rifles, not because they were used in crimes, but rather because they look "scary"? :confused:

David.

Vangelis 07-20-2009 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krel (Post 4855)
Didn't the Goven-ator sign a ban on .50 BMG rifles, not because they were used in crimes, but rather because they look "scary"? :confused:

I think it was more due to listening to idiots who think a .50 rifle can flip over a railway car. And the railway car might be full of NUCLEAR MATERIAL! :eek:

Gunmaster45 07-20-2009 08:29 PM

I love how in Navy SEALs Bill Paxton uses a .50 cal and anything he shoots is either launched through the air or a big gaping hole is left in its place. They make the thing look like a super cannon.

I remember one person defended that you could shoot down planes with a .50 caliber and civilians shouldn't have that ability.

1)Who's fucking dumb and crazy enough to take shots at a plane? You didn't spend $2,000 on this single shot just to go to prison.
2)You try and hit a moving plane 100s to 1000s of feet in the air, moving from 200-500mph and see if you hit it. Most marksmen wouldn't be able to ever accomplish such a shot.

People who actually piss away enough money to buy a .50 cal are more than likely going to be responsible with it. And as we all know, the bastardous criminals aren't affected by such bans at all, and will continue to reek havac with such weapons ban or not.

Vangelis 07-20-2009 09:00 PM

It probably stems from most people not knowing the difference between a hard kill and a mission kill and therefore thinking .50 rifles are designed to blow up tanks.

Gunmaster45 07-20-2009 10:15 PM

I love how people think that if you're shot with a .50 caliber weapon, you'll
a) blow up into pink mist
b) be sent airborne
c) sever a limb (thanks COD4)
d) be left with a pizza pie hole in your body

None of this is true. Sure, a .50 is a big bullet that does big damage, but the hole left in a body isn't much bigger than the projectile itself. Sure, you get shot in the head and your brain is as scrambled as eggs (I've unfortunately seen pictures and videos of such documentation, it's fucking disgusting), but it is grossly overestimated in power thanks to hollywood. It's a big bullet moving very fast, but it isn't a cannon round.

ShootingJames 07-21-2009 12:28 AM

Quote:

I love how in Navy SEALs Bill Paxton uses a .50 cal and anything he shoots is either launched through the air or a big gaping hole is left in its place. They make the thing look like a super cannon.
It's that kind of movie. I sincerely doubt there are law makers sitting around saying "Did you see what that rifle did in navy seals? We have to ban it!" :D

Quote:

I remember one person defended that you could shoot down planes with a .50 caliber and civilians shouldn't have that ability.
In the right hands, I don't doubt this could happen.

Quote:

1)Who's fucking dumb and crazy enough to take shots at a plane? You didn't spend $2,000 on this single shot just to go to prison.
Anyone who tries and shoots down a plane didn't buy the rifle legally to begin with.

Quote:

2)You try and hit a moving plane 100s to 1000s of feet in the air, moving from 200-500mph and see if you hit it. Most marksmen wouldn't be able to ever accomplish such a shot.
take off, and landing on the other hand, could be done.

Quote:

People who actually piss away enough money to buy a .50 cal are more than likely going to be responsible with it. And as we all know, the bastardous criminals aren't affected by such bans at all, and will continue to reek havac with such weapons ban or not.
I think they are worried about stolen weapons, and black market weapons here, not Joe Regular Guy buying it from a gun store and deciding he must shoot down planes.

I've had my house broken into, and my gun safes removed from my home. It happens. It happened to my brother in law as well. I lost a very cherished rifle this way, and for all I know some gang banger in Miami is shooting at cops with it right now.

One of the reasons I left Florida is because of crime.

The Barret is a SERIOUS gun. It's not a super cannon, but it's not a BB gun either and I understand why people fear it. I've fired one, and it's quite fun to shoot, but even as a pro-gun person I thought about what would become of it if it was ever stolen from my friend's home.

BOY, are we ever off topic now.

Bruce Willis has to be an actor who's fired off quite a few rounds in his flicks.

Most rounds ever fired in a film, if we're just going for American films, Predator has the clearing of the jungle scene, and The Matrix has the lobby scene.

Vangelis 07-21-2009 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShootingJames (Post 4894)
It's that kind of movie. I sincerely doubt there are law makers sitting around saying "Did you see what that rifle did in navy seals? We have to ban it!" :D

Not familiar with the Assault Weapons Ban? Gun law is made by morons.

MT2008 07-21-2009 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gunmaster45 (Post 4833)

Is it possible that it was actually a joke, and he meant "gay" as in "happy"? Admittedly, Arnie's never struck me as a guy whose command of the English language (or intelligence) would allow him to think up such subtleties, but it's something to consider.

gunguy001 07-21-2009 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phoenixent (Post 4839)
How many rounds would that be? 300,000 rounds of all calibers according to an article.

I know how many 7.62x39 blank we fired on We Were Soldiers. We fired 250,000 rounds of just 7.62x39. I would say about 200,000 rounds of .223 and 60,000 rounds of 7.62 NATO. Not sure of the 9mm or 7.62x54R fired on the show. It is well over 500,000 rounds used up on one show.

How many pull thru patchs, litres of "break free" and swear words did you go through cleaning all that?

Phoenixent 07-21-2009 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gunguy001 (Post 4922)
How many pull thru patchs, litres of "break free" and swear words did you go through cleaning all that?

It was a lot of cleaning which everyone pitched in when I showed them what to do. It worked out to about 3 hours after wrap to prep guns and reload mags for the next day. That was everyday for 3.5 months and swear words I lost count on how many.

It was amazing seeing the empty crates and cases stacked the outside the trailer that just continued to grow.

Gunmaster45 07-23-2009 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MT2008 (Post 4918)
Is it possible that it was actually a joke, and he meant "gay" as in "happy"? Admittedly, Arnie's never struck me as a guy whose command of the English language (or intelligence) would allow him to think up such subtleties, but it's something to consider.

Using "gay" to refer to "happy" isn't really a common expression anymore (it's more old english IMO), and like you said, Arnie is really the most eloquent person out there when it comes to the English language. But it could maybe, possibly be possible.

More than likely it was a Freudian Slip, since he was talking about gay marriage in the first place. It's not a big deal though. ;)

Back on topic again, I may have to consider Predator as a top one on the list, since the clearing of the forrest likely took more than one take and easily 1000s of rounds were fired in each take. (God knows how many times that Minigun backpack was reloaded, since in reality it went empty every five seconds)

oddjob 07-23-2009 06:18 AM

actors

Dunno about blanks and the definition of "actors" (holders of a Screen Actors Guild card?).....But real ammo has to be the cast of Myth Busters.

Cannon 07-23-2009 08:46 AM

Wow

I can only imagine the response had I posed an even remotely political question.
To those who stayed on topic..thank you. Yes..Starship Troopers did hold the record for most blanks let off during a production.
To those who went off topic....I enjoyed that too. Well done to all.
As for the .50 cal "experts"..think Raufoss rounds...or SLAP rounds..and you'll certainly see some of the major damage you contend are wish list items of movie directors.

Vangelis 07-23-2009 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cannon (Post 4963)
As for the .50 cal "experts"..think Raufoss rounds...or SLAP rounds..and you'll certainly see some of the major damage you contend are wish list items of movie directors.

SLAP isn't magic, I'm afraid, it's still not going to do a whole hell of a lot to an armoured rail car [4.25 inches of stainless steel, then 1.5 inches of depleted uranium, then 0.5 inches of lead] and would pass straight through a human without throwing them anywhere. And if you shoot a human with a Raufoss, statistically 50% of the time it will pass right through them before detonating. You're still not going to see people sent flying into the air unless you're shooting a brick at them because the physics of it just don't work.

Gunmaster45 07-23-2009 12:03 PM

I've heard people say the Raofuss rounds could severe arms much like we see in COD4, but I'm not too inclined to believe them. Who exactly decided a .50 cal needed more punch? Or should I say "slap"? :D

Vangelis 07-23-2009 12:23 PM

I've heard stories of that happening, and I can see how if you hit a joint the tissue damage might be enough to sever an arm. But you're still not going to be throwing people into the air due to simple physics; the human body just can't offer enough resistance to the bullet to make the bullet transfer that amount of energy to it, and the bullet's point will make it pierce the target rather than shove it backwards.

gunguy001 07-23-2009 01:04 PM

I'm sure if you were to explain that to the director he would be lost after the first sip of his starbucks.