imfdb.org

imfdb.org (http://forum.imfdb.org/index.php)
-   Guns & Movies (http://forum.imfdb.org/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   I'm quitting the business ... selling all my guns :( (http://forum.imfdb.org/showthread.php?t=1671)

MoviePropMaster2008 04-02-2011 05:57 AM

I'm quitting the business ... selling all my guns :(

April Fools! heck I have one more hour to do that. So I did! Ha!:D

Swordfish941 04-02-2011 06:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MoviePropMaster2008 (Post 27290)

Oh thank God. If you WERE going to quit your trade, this would be my reaction:

http://images.cheezburger.com/comple...bc2c6d39a3.jpg

Spartan198 04-03-2011 09:42 PM

I hate April Fools day... :mad:

mjp28 04-04-2011 03:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MoviePropMaster2008 (Post 27290)

Well you got me....even on April 3.:eek:

Sell all your guns? Never, same with your ammo. Keep 'em high and dry.

MoviePropMaster2008 04-04-2011 07:22 AM

Well I once did an April Fools Email message where I stated that I had "seen the light" of the gun control crowd and that I had been converted to the other side and that I was taking a truckload of all my expensive and collectible firearms down to the local police station where they could all be melted down. hahahahahaha! I think that is WORSE! :D

ShootingJames 04-20-2011 11:27 PM

Just out of curiosity, do you ever sell any of your blank converted guns, or do you convert semi auto's for a fee?

MT2008 04-21-2011 02:27 PM

I played a similar joke last year, except I didn't actually do it on April Fool's Day. Oh, well. :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShootingJames (Post 27889)
Just out of curiosity, do you ever sell any of your blank converted guns, or do you convert semi auto's for a fee?

Unless the gun has been handled by an A-list actor, in which case it has value to collectors, it would be somewhat pointless to try and sell a movie gun. After all, without "hero" status, it's basically just a weapon that can't shoot live ammo any more, so who would spend the money on it?

As far as converting guns to blank fire, if you check Google Patents, there's actually a PDF showing how to blank a semi-auto pistol.

ShootingJames 04-21-2011 06:53 PM

It's not pointless for me, and who the hell was asking you?

:p

I've converted 2 semi autos myself, but it's not something I enjoy doing, and I no longer have the use of a machine shop to do it in. It never hurts to ask.

Since the ATF allows for front fire now, I have considered buying a few of the commercial 9mmPAK replicas, and I probably will. Zoraki makes select fire pistols that have a decent look to them.

Over the years I have picked up a few already converted guns from stembridge and other houses and used them in various productions. Not the $7000 hero guns used by Matt Damon and such from the propstore. But when they were selling off stock for decent prices.

MoviePropMaster2008 04-22-2011 06:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShootingJames (Post 27916)

I've converted 2 semi autos myself, but it's not something I enjoy doing, and I no longer have the use of a machine shop to do it in. It never hurts to ask.

Since the ATF allows for front fire now, I have considered buying a few of the commercial 9mmPAK replicas, and I probably will. Zoraki makes select fire pistols that have a decent look to them.

Over the years I have picked up a few already converted guns from stembridge and other houses and used them in various productions. Not the $7000 hero guns used by Matt Damon and such from the propstore. But when they were selling off stock for decent prices.

I'm still kicking myself for not picking up some of the weapons from the original RED DAWN or COMMANDO when they were being sold off. Compared to TODAY'S class III prices, those transferable Valmet M78/83 LMGs were a steal.......

MT2008 04-22-2011 03:44 PM

Quote:

LOL, noted, but I mean just from the armorers' perspective. If I were an armorer, I would definitely sell some of my guns that got used by A-list actors in order to make some extra money (and as we can see on Propstore and the Golden Closet's web site, some armorers are doing just this). But for any of my other guns? All I'd be doing is reducing inventory and not earning any more money.

Quote:

Can you post pics of those at some point? I'd love to see those (just out of curiosity). Or did you already post pics that I didn't see?

I remember when the Stembridge inventory was getting auctioned off, I was surprised at how low the reserve prices were on some of the guns. I remember ogling some of the customized Taurus pistols from "Mystery Men" (because I like "bling bling" guns) - a lot of them were selling for $300-$350. Considering all of the work that obviously went into them, I would have expected them to go for more.