imfdb.org

imfdb.org (http://forum.imfdb.org/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://forum.imfdb.org/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   New Video Games/ Movies (http://forum.imfdb.org/showthread.php?t=1091)

k9870 06-11-2011 06:32 PM

I thought campaighn was much more polished and better than MP especially with the lean and peek mechanic for cover. And I had a SIG loaded with mec gar 18 rounders instead of a neutered beretta.

Spartan198 06-11-2011 07:18 PM

I somehow can't see a Hind taking *that* much fire from a minigun without going down. Maybe the armor plating can withstand it, but there's no way in hell cockpit canopy glass can.

But with that little nitpick said, I think I'm going to stick with my current plan of buying Battlefield 3 and starting up a free Gamefly trial to rent MW3 just to finish off the story.

mpe2010 06-11-2011 09:14 PM

The only reason i bought Medal of Honor was for the Battlefield 3 beta.

Excalibur 06-12-2011 04:09 AM

I tried the new MoH and it was ok. Not really much of a story when it comes to a military shooter. I like some of the gameplay like the ability to select fire on your weapons and it's cool when you reload your empty shotgun, you do a combat reload first

funkychinaman 06-12-2011 04:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spartan198 (Post 30224)
I somehow can't see a Hind taking *that* much fire from a minigun without going down. Maybe the armor plating can withstand it, but there's no way in hell cockpit canopy glass can.

It reminded me of the helicopter chase in Rambo II. Another MW staple, callbacks to action films.

And don't Hinds have armored canopies? The minigun is "only" .30 cal.

funkychinaman 06-12-2011 04:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Excalibur (Post 30226)
I tried the new MoH and it was ok. Not really much of a story when it comes to a military shooter. I like some of the gameplay like the ability to select fire on your weapons and it's cool when you reload your empty shotgun, you do a combat reload first

I never used the shotgun that much in the game. Whenever I picked up an enemy weapon, it was to switch out the shotgun. But I know in my Remington 870 manual, it tells you to load a round in the chamber, turn on the safety, and then load the tube.

I didn't mind the story. It was a slice of an ongoing war, so I didn't expect much.

Excalibur 06-12-2011 04:46 AM

I used the shotgun often enough. It's pretty good

Rockwolf66 06-12-2011 05:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by funkychinaman (Post 30227)
It reminded me of the helicopter chase in Rambo II. Another MW staple, callbacks to action films.

And don't Hinds have armored canopies? The minigun is "only" .30 cal.

From what I hear from a friend who is a gunship pilot the Hind does have over a ton of armor around the cockpit. Litterally the pilot is in an A-10 style bathtub of the stuff. That will stop a burst from a minigun. The armored canopy will stop 7.62 rounds and resist the first few 12.7mm rounds. the Fun thing about Miniguns is that they chew through targets. It's like with an American 180. I can build a concrete wall that is resistant to .30-06 ammo. the .22LR American 180 might not punch a hole with one round but with concentrated fire it eats cinderblocks for lunch.

As far as the rest of the hind goes alot of it has no armor at all.

Spartan198 06-12-2011 06:27 AM

^Precisely. A minigun spitting out 50 rounds per second is going to eat that canopy glass alive, as the saying goes.

Evil Tim 06-12-2011 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by funkychinaman (Post 30228)
I didn't mind the story. It was a slice of an ongoing war, so I didn't expect much.

I think the main problem with the story was that it never really established who Rabbit was but still wanted you to care about what happened to him, despite that it was kinda hard to even remember which one he was. I don't really understand why FPSes are so opposed to talking player characters, I never minded when Nomad did it in Crysis or Kellar did it in Black.

That plus it was rather hard to get a handle on what was actually happening aside from that everyone seemed to be trying to climb a mountain for some reason. It was kinda hard to feel a sense of achievement at the end when I wasn't even sure what I'd just done.


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:58 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.