imfdb.org

imfdb.org (http://forum.imfdb.org/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://forum.imfdb.org/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   New Video Games/ Movies (http://forum.imfdb.org/showthread.php?t=1091)

k9870 10-08-2010 01:13 PM

Rooster cogburn cannot be redone.....im sorry.

And no countr for old men is overrated, i mean its okay, and did guns good, and the bad guy was cool........but you watch it and are like "that won awards?"

Ending sucked, apparently the sherriff was supposed to be the main character and he wasnt even necessary to the plot, didnt do anything.........

predator20 10-08-2010 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by k9870 (Post 20718)

And no countr for old men is overrated, i mean its okay, and did guns good, and the bad guy was cool........but you watch it and are like "that won awards?"

Ending sucked, apparently the sherriff was supposed to be the main character and he wasnt even necessary to the plot, didnt do anything.........

I'll take No Country over There Will Be Blood, which was the contender for best picture.

You say the ending sucked but was it the typical "Hollywood" ending where the bad guy gets it in the end? Those endings are overrated.

BurtReynoldsMoustache 10-08-2010 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by k9870 (Post 20718)

The whole point of the original book was to illustrate the complete inability of local law enforcement to deal with well funded organized crime.

Swordfish941 10-11-2010 01:49 PM

Anyway, I borrowed Capote and A History Of Violence from my aunt. I plan on watching them tonight.

S&Wshooter 10-11-2010 03:36 PM

Watched Get Carter (the one with Stallone) last night. It was pretty good

Next Tuesday I'm getting New Vegas

Excalibur 10-11-2010 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by S&Wshooter (Post 20861)

Next Tuesday I'm getting New Vegas

I'm a little pissed that they moved the release date to NEXT Tuesday. I was hoping for THIS Saturday so yeah, another week,.

Rockwolf66 10-12-2010 03:49 AM

I'm looking at the Screencaps for RED(2010) and I realized what the RPG launcher over John Malkovic's head was as I've seen it before. First time was in Afganistan: The last Warbus. Second time was in a recent Small Arms Review where they went over RPG types. It's a Yugoslavian version of the RPG-2.

S&Wshooter 10-12-2010 11:13 AM

My western loving grandfather is not pleased that they are remaking True Grit

k9870 10-12-2010 12:22 PM

Quote:

I'm a little pissed that they moved the release date to NEXT Tuesday. I was hoping for THIS Saturday so yeah, another week,.

Um, the release date has been solidly the 19th a while.

Excalibur 10-12-2010 12:56 PM

I kept looking at more vids on Gametrailers.com and they kept posting the release date on the 16th