imfdb.org

imfdb.org (http://forum.imfdb.org/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://forum.imfdb.org/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   New Video Games/ Movies (http://forum.imfdb.org/showthread.php?t=1091)

Excalibur 04-04-2013 07:05 PM

Just saw the new GI Joe movie. They brought in Channing Tatem back for 10 minutes of the movie and we never see him again? We don't hear about what happened to the other characters from the previous movie...that part kinda made my head confused a bit.

Other than that and the Cobra ultimate weapon idea and London getting the shaft again, the movie was really fun to watch

commando552 04-04-2013 07:14 PM

Also, Ray Stevenson as Firefly can be added to the list of British actors who cannot do an American accent.

SPEMack618 04-04-2013 07:17 PM

Yeah, the Adult Swim broadcast was what AFN screened. Got it all in one chunk.

People, my sister, fraternity brothers, squadmates, etc., always ask me why I like G.I. Joe so much.

And aside from growing up on the comics and action figures, I realized that the G.I. Joe team is what I aspire to be in the military.

Competent, brave, sure of purpose, ably led, and honest; the G.I. Joe is what the U.S. Military should strive to emulate.

Excalibur 04-05-2013 12:14 AM

So Disney has shut down Lucasarts which effectively cancels 2 pretty interesting games that were supposed to come out. That's on top of axing one of my favorite TV series Star Wars Clone Wars. So far, Disney is not winning me over with its purchase of all things Star Wars. Next thing they'll do is take away writers' ability to make Expanded Universe novels and comics

funkychinaman 04-05-2013 01:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Excalibur (Post 38544)
So Disney has shut down Lucasarts which effectively cancels 2 pretty interesting games that were supposed to come out. That's on top of axing one of my favorite TV series Star Wars Clone Wars. So far, Disney is not winning me over with its purchase of all things Star Wars. Next thing they'll do is take away writers' ability to make Expanded Universe novels and comics

I think I have two entire seasons worth of Clone Wars on my DVR. I just don't feel like watching it. Besides, it had itself a pretty good run for a cartoon. I heard it wrapped itself up as well. If you want to be angry at a Cartoon Network show ending, be angry about the cancellation of Young Justice.

As for Lucasarts, I've been reading about it these past few days, and look at it this way: they're a shell of what they used to be, and they're still going to license Star Wars games to third party developers, so it's not like we're never going to get any more Star Wars games.

Excalibur 04-05-2013 02:52 AM

The show did NOT wrap up nicely. It left on a huge cliffhanger with more closure. You really need to see season 3 through 5. It got dark as hell starting in season 4

funkychinaman 04-05-2013 03:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Excalibur (Post 38546)
The show did NOT wrap up nicely. It left on a huge cliffhanger with more closure. You really need to see season 3 through 5. It got dark as hell starting in season 4

Is it true they finally wrote Ahsoka out?

Chitoryu12 04-05-2013 06:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Excalibur (Post 38505)
Ok, I'll admit the Vigor and Salt powers is the developers ripping off themselves from their previous games.

I wouldn't call it a ripoff, considering that it's meant to be a sequel. The Vigor and Salt mechanic actually seems to be an edited form of EVE to something the developers wanted instead: you can't carry around huge amounts of full refill mana items that only give you a short pause in combat to fill everything back up. With Salts, you have containers that fill up small amounts of the bar that you need to pick up constantly, and your Salt bar starts out ridiculously low for the amount that each Vigor uses (you can run yourself too dry to do anything with 2 or 3 uses). One of the biggest problems with EVE, at least on normal difficulty, was that you would easily end up finding far more hypos than you'd ever use. It became virtually impossible to run out of EVE unless you spammed Plasmids constantly and needlessly. Preventing you from carrying spare Salts and increasing the amount that each Vigor uses forces the player to use alternate methods of combat instead of just spamming Devil's Kiss for most of the game and blowing up half a dozen enemies with each throw.

Quote:

Next thing they'll do is take away writers' ability to make Expanded Universe novels and comics.
Don't jinx us. If I remember correctly, the new trilogy is already supposed to ignore the Expanded Universe. This is worse than it would be for other franchises because Lucasfilm had set up a very coherent system of canon to determine what does and doesn't count, and virtually everything that's been released is considered canon in some form. The novels, in particular, have a huge fanbase of their own and more books than you could read unless you sat down for a year or so, quit your job, and kept reading until you fell asleep. Ignoring the decades and millions of words of content that have built upon the universe is basically going right up to every dedicated Star Wars fan and going "Meh, who cares?"

The Wierd It 04-05-2013 10:48 AM

So I finally got around to playing Medal of Honor: Warfighter yesterday. I didn't think it was all that bad.

commando552 04-05-2013 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by funkychinaman (Post 38547)
Is it true they finally wrote Ahsoka out?

She quit the Jedi order at the end of the last episode, but they don't really write her out. The annoying thing is that they have episodes made that will never air on TV. With the announcement that they were stopping it they showed a clip from a future episode that was an awesome battle, where one of the clones had head trauma making him execute order 66 early and shoot his Jedi commander from behind in the head, which is pretty freaking dark for a cartoon. I think they are going to distribute them at some point in the future either online or DVD, but it is just annoying that the Episode VII means they pretty much dropped tools on everything else.

With Disney shutting down Lucasarts the other day the chances of 1313 coming out are looking slimmer and slimmer, particularly annoying as it was pretty near completion, and the fact that it now appears that Boba Fett was the player character.