imfdb.org

imfdb.org (http://forum.imfdb.org/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://forum.imfdb.org/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   New Video Games/ Movies (http://forum.imfdb.org/showthread.php?t=1091)

Swordfish941 01-15-2013 02:22 PM

I have a feeling that the new Devil May Cry game will bomb. This new version of Dante sucks when compared to regular Dante. He looks like Edward Cullen.

Excalibur 01-15-2013 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swordfish941 (Post 37526)
I have a feeling that the new Devil May Cry game will bomb. This new version of Dante sucks when compared to regular Dante. He looks like Edward Cullen.

Do not even TALK about that piss poor, bullshit, ridiculous, Twilight inspired, corporate crap, mother fucking destroyer of franchise of a game.

What the fuck is wrong with Capcom these passed years. They fucked up the Resident Evil franchise and now they let a foreign company fuck up Devy May Cry.

They turned Dante into this crack addict looking punk of a rebel without a cliche from Jersey Shores. Turned his 1911s into Desert Eagle abominations and have him fighting corporate demons who's goal is to take over the world via national debt and addicting the people with demonic SOFT DRINKS...SUBTLE! Very very subtle!

They turned Vergil, Dante's cool as ice twin brother into the leader of Anonymous. I'm not joking. He's got the Guy Fawke like mask and everything spouting internet bullshit on the news.

Swordfish941 01-15-2013 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Excalibur (Post 37527)
Do not even TALK about that piss poor, bullshit, ridiculous, Twilight inspired, corporate crap, mother fucking destroyer of franchise of a game.

What the fuck is wrong with Capcom these passed years. They fucked up the Resident Evil franchise and now they let a foreign company fuck up Devy May Cry.

They turned Dante into this crack addict looking punk of a rebel without a cliche from Jersey Shores. Turned his 1911s into Desert Eagle abominations and have him fighting corporate demons who's goal is to take over the world via national debt and addicting the people with demonic SOFT DRINKS...SUBTLE! Very very subtle!

They turned Vergil, Dante's cool as ice twin brother into the leader of Anonymous. I'm not joking. He's got the Guy Fawke like mask and everything spouting internet bullshit on the news.

They at least could have continued the series with Nero. He was pretty cool.

funkychinaman 01-16-2013 08:35 PM

http://www.uproxx.com/webculture/201...t-ama/#page/14

What role do you most regret turning down?

I most regret not doing The Rock. I love the movie, and it turned out well. When it was offered to me there was only an 80 page script with a lot of handwriting and scribbles and it didn't seem fully baked. But they obviously did a fantastic job.

This is driving me nuts. Which role do you think he was offered?

Excalibur 01-16-2013 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swordfish941 (Post 37531)
They at least could have continued the series with Nero. He was pretty cool.

I would have taken Nero over this reboot Dante. At least I know who he is. This new Dante is not the same Dante. He does not deserve the same name

commando552 01-16-2013 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by funkychinaman (Post 37554)
http://www.uproxx.com/webculture/201...t-ama/#page/14

What role do you most regret turning down?

I most regret not doing The Rock. I love the movie, and it turned out well. When it was offered to me there was only an 80 page script with a lot of handwriting and scribbles and it didn't seem fully baked. But they obviously did a fantastic job.

This is driving me nuts. Which role do you think he was offered?

My guess would be that he would be the leader of the Mercenaries that General Hummel hired to augment his marines.

funkychinaman 01-16-2013 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by commando552 (Post 37559)
My guess would be that he would be the leader of the Mercenaries that General Hummel hired to augment his marines.

I thought they were all Marines in the film. It'd have to be a pretty beefy role too, I'm guessing either Hummel himself or Major Baxter .

commando552 01-17-2013 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by funkychinaman (Post 37562)
I thought they were all Marines in the film. It'd have to be a pretty beefy role too, I'm guessing either Hummel himself or Major Baxter .

That would have been ridiculous if they were trying to pass him off as a USMC officer. In the film there were the Marines that were under Hummel's command, and then I thought the rest were mercenaries led by Captain Darrow (Tony Todd) and Captain Frye (Gregory Sporleder). I can't remember if they were explicitly stated as being ex or serving Marines, but whatever they were they were being paid to be there, and were not in it for the ideal like the Marines under Hummel. There was a line at some point about how Hummel had never worked with them or their men before, but they lived up to their reputation, and then later when they found out they were not getting paid they tried to kill Hummel. Maybe I am reading to much into it, but I always assumed these people were "for hire" to one degree or another.

As from the sound of it the script was very early on, it is not much of a difference to have the hired muscle being foreign or USMC. Or the story could have been totally different from the final film, maybe he was going to fill the Captain Mason spy role and just have him be from a different European country (would ahve to change the timeline a bit to get the age to match up though).

funkychinaman 01-17-2013 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by commando552 (Post 37563)
That would have been ridiculous if they were trying to pass him off as a USMC officer. In the film there were the Marines that were under Hummel's command, and then I thought the rest were mercenaries led by Captain Darrow (Tony Todd) and Captain Frye (Gregory Sporleder). I can't remember if they were explicitly stated as being ex or serving Marines, but whatever they were they were being paid to be there, and were not in it for the ideal like the Marines under Hummel. There was a line at some point about how Hummel had never worked with them or their men before, but they lived up to their reputation, and then later when they found out they were not getting paid they tried to kill Hummel. Maybe I am reading to much into it, but I always assumed these people were "for hire" to one degree or another.

As from the sound of it the script was very early on, it is not much of a difference to have the hired muscle being foreign or USMC. Or the story could have been totally different from the final film, maybe he was going to fill the Captain Mason spy role and just have him be from a different European country (would ahve to change the timeline a bit to get the age to match up though).

Arnold in the Mason role would've ruined it. I thought they were all active duty Marines that Hummel recruited with the promise of payment.

If TPTB had actually just made them mercenaries, they could've gotten Pentagon support. The fact that they were Marines was a sticking point.

SPEMack618 01-17-2013 02:49 AM

I thought they were all Marines, or atlest former Marines, but Hummel had only served with Major Baxter and Gunny Crisp in the field before, so they were therefore loyal to him and his mission. The other jarheads were just in it for the money.