imfdb.org

imfdb.org (http://forum.imfdb.org/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://forum.imfdb.org/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   New Video Games/ Movies (http://forum.imfdb.org/showthread.php?t=1091)

Excalibur 07-30-2012 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by funkychinaman (Post 35589)
Did you play Brotherhood and Revelations before you played II?

I was going to ask that too. Brother is new, but didn't like the whole stuck in Rome thing but I like the ability to call assassins to come to my aid

S&Wshooter 07-30-2012 09:15 PM

I ordered a copy of Mass Effect on Amazon, since I can't find one in playable condition anywhere locally

Excalibur 07-30-2012 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by S&Wshooter (Post 35591)
I ordered a copy of Mass Effect on Amazon, since I can't find one in playable condition anywhere locally

Well ordering online will be cheaper. I know places that sell a USED copy for 30 bucks and this game came out so many years ago.

Swordfish941 07-30-2012 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spartan198 (Post 35588)
And the bipedal fox is the coolest part. :D

In other news, I've been playing Assassin's Creed II obsessively for the past 3 days. Far better than both Brotherhood and Revelations.

The bipedal fox is Rocket Raccoon. Haven't you read the comics?

S&Wshooter 07-31-2012 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Excalibur (Post 35592)
Well ordering online will be cheaper. I know places that sell a USED copy for 30 bucks and this game came out so many years ago.

I payed slightly more than half that on a new copy

I brought Kane & Lynch 2 and L.A. Noire back and got a used copy of Mass Effect 3

Spartan198 07-31-2012 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by funkychinaman (Post 35589)
Did you play Brotherhood and Revelations before you played II?

Yeah. It kind of sucked already knowing who "the Spaniard" was the moment I saw him, but if I hadn't have played Brotherhood first, I wouldn't have bothered with any ACs after the first one due to its terrible sword combat system (while I understand the point is to be stealthy and enjoy espionage-style games, AC1 forced you into too many 4 on 1 frontal conflicts with a swordplay system that was less than ideal).

Quote:

Originally Posted by Excalibur (Post 35590)
I was going to ask that too. Brother is new, but didn't like the whole stuck in Rome thing but I like the ability to call assassins to come to my aid

I didn't mind and enjoyed Rome as the sole setting personally, since my love of classical antiquity means I can roam around the city for hours just enjoying the reproductions of the various famous landmarks.

I'm still crossing my fingers in the hopes that they'll do a prequel centering around the assassination of Alexander the Great.

Excalibur 07-31-2012 08:08 PM

I was hoping AC3 was going to take place in China since the short animated film Ember had a Chinese Assassin. We Chinese needs some representation here.

Spartan198 08-04-2012 02:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Excalibur (Post 35601)
We Chinese needs some representation here.

Communist!!!!

funkychinaman 08-04-2012 04:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Excalibur (Post 35601)
I was hoping AC3 was going to take place in China since the short animated film Ember had a Chinese Assassin. We Chinese needs some representation here.

I can totally see it. You play the wife of a prominent Politburo member, and your first target is a British businessman...

k9870 08-04-2012 11:57 AM

im waiting for darksiders 2, gonna be awesome