imfdb.org

imfdb.org (http://forum.imfdb.org/index.php)
-   Just Guns (http://forum.imfdb.org/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Sleep with you gun (http://forum.imfdb.org/showthread.php?t=1937)

Excalibur 03-03-2012 07:15 AM

Sleep with you gun
 
For those of us who own guns in the house, do you sleep with your gun within reach like on a desk or night stand or some people do the whole shotgun on a gun rack attached to the bed frame.

predator20 03-03-2012 02:04 PM

SIG P226 in my sock drawer, Remington 870 just inside my closet. Both are about two steps from my bed.

k9870 03-03-2012 02:19 PM

cz under bed. Anything on a bedstand or such is A: Right there to be seen and taken by someone breaking in while im gone B. Bound to be knocked over and damaged by my cat. Under the bed is in reach and out of sight.

S&Wshooter 03-03-2012 02:51 PM

6906 in nightstand drawer, 4506 up in the closet

MT2008 03-03-2012 03:53 PM

SIG 226 sits on my nightstand every night. At my old apartment, when I had my Mossberg 500, it sat in the closet nearby, but I don't have it anymore.

Quote:

Originally Posted by k9870 (Post 34386)
cz under bed. Anything on a bedstand or such is A: Right there to be seen and taken by someone breaking in while im gone B. Bound to be knocked over and damaged by my cat. Under the bed is in reach and out of sight.

You don't leave it lying around at all times during the day. You keep it hidden and/or locked up during the day while you're not at home.

Spades of Columbia 03-03-2012 05:18 PM

Mossberg 500 next to bedside and glock 19 in the closet.

Yournamehere 03-03-2012 11:41 PM

Hi-Power is in my nightstand drawer in a holster, I can reach it without getting out of bed. My flashlight (second most important tool if we're talking nighttime) is on the nightstand as well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MT2008 (Post 34388)
SIG 226 sits on my nightstand every night. At my old apartment, when I had my Mossberg 500, it sat in the closet nearby, but I don't have it anymore.

I'm surprised to hear about your shotgun. Did you sell it?

Spartan198 03-04-2012 12:23 AM

Beretta 92FS beneath the pillow, M4 with grenade launcher in the closet.

These are both airsoft, of course. :p

Excalibur 03-04-2012 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spartan198 (Post 34392)
Beretta 92FS beneath the pillow, M4 with grenade launcher in the closet.

These are both airsoft, of course. :p

Funny. I hope to read the papers tomorrow about the kid who died with a toy gun in his hand.

I'm fine with my gun

MT2008 03-04-2012 05:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yournamehere (Post 34391)
I'm surprised to hear about your shotgun. Did you sell it?

Yes, I sold it in January. It was a good shotgun, but I wasn't using it for anything (recreational or otherwise), and I needed the money to pay for a new bed and dresser.


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:28 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.