imfdb.org

imfdb.org (http://forum.imfdb.org/index.php)
-   Just Guns (http://forum.imfdb.org/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   what guns do you have made in state? (http://forum.imfdb.org/showthread.php?t=1816)

k9870 06-30-2011 02:39 PM

what guns do you have made in state?

Here we have the smith and wesson 1911 line, ppk/ppks line it looks like, and bushmaster used to before friggin cerberus ruined that but the former ceo started up windham weaponry and i'm eagerly awaiting that. What gun companies do you got?

Spades of Columbia 06-30-2011 02:44 PM

for Montana there is too many to name...but in the valley that i live in we have some good ones. We got SI defense, Montana Rifle Company, Mech Tech, Grizzly Custom, and a few action builders and some amazing custom gunsmiths.

MT2008 06-30-2011 04:12 PM

Remington's corporate HQ is located here in North Carolina, but their factories are in New York and Kentucky. So I guess that doesn't quite count...

Spades of Columbia 06-30-2011 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MT2008 (Post 30758)
Remington's corporate HQ is located here in North Carolina, but their factories are in New York and Kentucky. So I guess that doesn't quite count...

Isnt FNH's factory where they build the Winchester 70's located in North Carolina?

MT2008 06-30-2011 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spades of Columbia (Post 30762)
Isnt FNH's factory where they build the Winchester 70's located in North Carolina?

Nope. Columbia, South Carolina.

I forgot that Para Ordnance also has its HQ in this state, but I believe the pistols themselves are still made elsewhere. Actual weapons-manufacturing plants in this state are pretty rare - after Googling "North Carolina gun manufacturers", I've only found Inter Ordnance (who makes AKs) and Delton (an AR-15 manufacturer).

FIVETWOSEVEN 07-01-2011 12:36 AM

Well New Hampshire has SIG Sauer, Ruger, and Heckler and Koch. We used to have Thompson Center Arms but Smith and Wesson moved them to their factory. I think Cerebrus was involved in that.

I'm hoping to get a job at SIG Sauer, just need to finish my resume.

Yournamehere 07-01-2011 03:07 AM

Calico originated in Oregon, as did Kimber before moving. In my old home state of Florida you also have everyone's favorite budget micro-9 and weird shotgun maker, Kel-Tec, and it's also the state where Para Ordnance guns are imported from Canada.

k9870 07-01-2011 03:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FIVETWOSEVEN (Post 30771)
Well New Hampshire has SIG Sauer, Ruger, and Heckler and Koch. We used to have Thompson Center Arms but Smith and Wesson moved them to their factory. I think Cerebrus was involved in that.

I'm hoping to get a job at SIG Sauer, just need to finish my resume.

Um i dont think cerberus owns SW. Cerberus is too busy raping other good companies. What ruger lines are made there as opposed to prescott?

Yournamehere 07-01-2011 03:29 AM

I hate to go off topic, but it seems your current unrelenting haterant that you work into every post is about Cerberus. What exactly have they done to ruin their acquired companies? I mean this sincerely, I have no idea what their influence is but apparently you know something, what is that?

k9870 07-01-2011 03:50 AM

Taking jobs away from gunsmiths in their towns who have worked their for ages, including workers local to me (bushmaster.)

Cutting a bunch of good product lines (most marlin .22 bolts have been discontinued.)

And after bankrupting chrysler i have no faith in their business skills and dont want to see a good company (remington, marlin) die out because of awful management.