imfdb.org

imfdb.org (http://forum.imfdb.org/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://forum.imfdb.org/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Randomness 2 (http://forum.imfdb.org/showthread.php?t=1246)

k9870 10-04-2010 01:46 PM

Or the people who think bows and swords are better than guns since there "stealthy" after watching anime.

Markost 10-04-2010 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by S&Wshooter (Post 20490)
Someone started a "fencing" club at my school. Despite what the name implies, it's really "beat people upside the head with a wooden sword" club. I think I'll join and mess up some nerds who think they can use a Katana because they watch anime

I remember a group of goons crying because the katana fighting scene in Predators was too short. Foocking otakus.

BurtReynoldsMoustache 10-04-2010 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Markost (Post 20492)
I remember a group of goons crying because the katana fighting scene in Predators was too short. Foocking otakus.

How many times have you been probated/banned?

BurtReynoldsMoustache 10-04-2010 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by S&Wshooter (Post 20490)
Someone started a "fencing" club at my school. Despite what the name implies, it's really "beat people upside the head with a wooden sword" club. I think I'll join and mess up some nerds who think they can use a Katana because they watch anime

Do you mean kendo?

S&Wshooter 10-04-2010 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BurtReynoldsMoustache (Post 20495)
Do you mean kendo?

No. Only one guy, my buddy, is actually "trained" in the use of a Katana and I kicked his ass last time we sparred

Excalibur 10-04-2010 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by S&Wshooter (Post 20497)
No. Only one guy, my buddy, is actually "trained" in the use of a Katana and I kicked his ass last time we sparred

Kendo is a sport and I don't see it as anything like fighting. You'd get your ass kicked fighting for real.

I've tried kendo, fencing, but those are sport and it isn't actual combat.

S&Wshooter 10-04-2010 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Excalibur (Post 20498)
Kendo is a sport and I don't see it as anything like fighting. You'd get your ass kicked fighting for real.

I've tried kendo, fencing, but those are sport and it isn't actual combat.

Yeah, those Kendo guys are fucking hardcore. The club isn't about swordfighting as a sport, it's more about having fun and being in a club looks good when you are applying to colleges

S&Wshooter 10-04-2010 07:21 PM

Haha. The book Better To Beg Forgiveness by Michael Z. Williamson has a reference to Gecko45

S&Wshooter 10-04-2010 10:02 PM

Since terrorist groups are not actual armies and therefore do not answer to any gov't, which means they are not bound by the Hague Conventions (a non-Contracting party), why the hell isn't our military allowed to use hollowpoints?

Zulu Two Six 10-04-2010 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by S&Wshooter (Post 20510)
Since terrorist groups are not actual armies and therefore do not answer to any gov't, which means they are not bound by the Hague Conventions (a non-Contracting party), why the hell isn't our military allowed to use hollowpoints?

because we are