imfdb.org

imfdb.org (http://forum.imfdb.org/index.php)
-   imfdb (http://forum.imfdb.org/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Interesting news (http://forum.imfdb.org/showthread.php?t=1260)

Rockwolf66 09-09-2010 12:31 AM

Interesting news

I just recived a message from a friend of mine in the NFA community.

Quote:

Hey, "Rockwolf66". As I think you know, I'm a member of a private NFA owner/dealer e-mail list that's been around since it started as a USEnet group way back in the 80s. Anyhow, one of the Class-7 SOTs in the group just discovered imfdb.org and he can't stop raving about it. (FYI, this is Mark Serbu, owner/operator of Serbu Firearms in Tampa, FL and inventor of the "Serbu Super-Shorty"™.) He's kind of an egotistic asshole, but he produces pretty decent firearms. He was just tickled pink to find 15 separate movie references to his Super-Shorty 12 ga.

I just thought you'd like to know what kind of press you're getting!
Now this is interesting as I wasn't sure how the rest of the Firearms world views us. It would be nice to have a word with Mr. Serbu about what he feels about his firearms and their use in films. I could ask my friend to pass along a few questions if you would all like.

AdAstra2009 09-09-2010 01:02 AM

Good stuff....interesting to see other viewpoints.

BurtReynoldsMoustache 09-09-2010 01:13 AM

If he loves the site so much you probably shouldn't post about him being an asshole in the forum.

S&Wshooter 09-09-2010 01:38 AM

If only we could get some of those guys at H und K to read our site and realize that we don't suck and they shouldn't hate us

Rockwolf66 09-09-2010 03:08 AM

Not my words but unfortunatly Mr. Serbu does have a reputation as being such a person. Still it would be interesting to at least get our collective foot in the door. As I said it's just a thought. I know that Bunni is looking about doing reviews of film. Maybe we should add online interviews to the list of things we offer.

In addition to firearms, we as a site do deal in intelectual property rights and the politics that effect them. I know of someone who does deal in such things. I could ask her for an interview.

Excalibur 09-09-2010 03:35 AM

Interviewing with firearms manufacturers does sound interesting.

Rockwolf66 09-09-2010 09:00 PM

That's one reason I have been trying to gather support for an Official IMFDB youtube page. So we can do things like traditional film reviews, interviews and educational clips.

Right now I don't have the permission from Bunni, The technical knowledge, or that many contacts among the NFA community or International level Politicians.

S&Wshooter 09-09-2010 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rockwolf66 (Post 18863)
That's one reason I have been trying to gather support for an Official IMFDB youtube page. So we can do things like traditional film reviews, interviews and educational clips.

Right now I don't have the permission from Bunni, The technical knowledge, or that many contacts among the NFA community or International level Politicians.

I could totally do that, but then I'd have to reveal my identity

Mazryonh 09-09-2010 09:39 PM

Good to know we're starting to be heard.

Swordfish941 09-09-2010 09:44 PM

Stephen King doesn't need to be accurate because he's Stephen King. :D:D:D:D