imfdb.org

imfdb.org (http://forum.imfdb.org/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://forum.imfdb.org/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   New Video Games/ Movies (http://forum.imfdb.org/showthread.php?t=1091)

funkychinaman 07-30-2013 03:47 PM

BTW, I don't think they ever really followed up on that "Alex Mason shot JFK" twist at the end of BO in BO2. If a guy was brainwashed so much he killed the president, then I don't think he'd ever be fixed enough to continue working for the CIA.

(As an aside, one of my bosses, who is Belgian, always shortens "follow-up" to "FU." I always giggle when I see it.)

S&Wshooter 07-30-2013 04:48 PM

I picked up MoH: Warfighter when I bought Army of Two: The Devil's Cartel, and I'm really glad I didn't spend more than $15 on it. I've been getting pretty frustrated at the fact that they stick you with a loadout that you can't change, with a primary that's basically useless (like "2 bursts to the face does nothing" useless). So far, I've only used the sidearms whenever at all possible, including parts in which you'd think the sniper rifle they give you would be a bit more effective.

funkychinaman 07-30-2013 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by S&Wshooter (Post 39453)
I picked up MoH: Warfighter when I bought Army of Two: The Devil's Cartel, and I'm really glad I didn't spend more than $15 on it. I've been getting pretty frustrated at the fact that they stick you with a loadout that you can't change, with a primary that's basically useless (like "2 bursts to the face does nothing" useless). So far, I've only used the sidearms whenever at all possible, including parts in which you'd think the sniper rifle they give you would be a bit more effective.

Oh you mean the sniper rifle you can only use at certain times? The Sarajevo level was the most frustrating, since your normal weapon was a SCAR carbine, but with a scope. I ended up using an AK with irons for the entire level.

S&Wshooter 07-30-2013 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by funkychinaman (Post 39455)
Oh you mean the sniper rifle you can only use at certain times? The Sarajevo level was the most frustrating, since your normal weapon was a SCAR carbine, but with a scope. I ended up using an AK with irons for the entire level.

Oh you mean the one that can't get a headshot at less than 100 yards, even when you have the reticle placed square in the middle of a mook's face? I've found that the HK45C and AKMSU w/ Kobra sight are the most useful guns out of pretty much everything

Spartan198 07-31-2013 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by S&Wshooter (Post 39456)
Oh you mean the one that can't get a headshot at less than 100 yards, even when you have the reticle placed square in the middle of a mook's face? I've found that the HK45C and AKMSU w/ Kobra sight are the most useful guns out of pretty much everything

Funny, I have no trouble whatsoever with it.

Mandolin 07-31-2013 02:34 PM

I hated the weapons in Warfighter as well. They don't seem very effective, and the secondary getting infinite ammo is stupid. Here, have an MP7 with unlimited reloads! Or a full-auto shotgun with zero stopping power! I greatly enjoyed MoH2010, due to the great weapon. Remember the M249 Hammer of God? Warfighter has very few guns, and my biggest peeve is that real SEALs don't use any of them. For some dumb reason we get Daniel Defense M4s and LaRue sniper rifles, because some genius decided they needed sponsors or something. You're forced to use what they want, when they want it. Here, there's bag guys a 300 yards. Take out the sniper rifle and hit someone easily within range of your HK416.

You know I'm playing a "Tier 1" "operator" . Shouldn't I get to pick my own weapons and accessories? You know, like I was able to do in Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 six years ago?

funkychinaman 07-31-2013 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mandolin (Post 39459)
I hated the weapons in Warfighter as well. They don't seem very effective, and the secondary getting infinite ammo is stupid. Here, have an MP7 with unlimited reloads! Or a full-auto shotgun with zero stopping power! I greatly enjoyed MoH2010, due to the great weapon. Remember the M249 Hammer of God? Warfighter has very few guns, and my biggest peeve is that real SEALs don't use any of them. For some dumb reason we get Daniel Defense M4s and LaRue sniper rifles, because some genius decided they needed sponsors or something. You're forced to use what they want, when they want it. Here, there's bag guys a 300 yards. Take out the sniper rifle and hit someone easily within range of your HK416.

You know I'm playing a "Tier 1" "operator" . Shouldn't I get to pick my own weapons and accessories? You know, like I was able to do in Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 six years ago?

Ugh, I hated being stuck with that shotgun.

All your weapons had unlimited ammo though, since your buddy had a bottomless ammo pouch.

Evil Tim 07-31-2013 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by funkychinaman (Post 39460)
All your weapons had unlimited ammo though, since your buddy had a bottomless ammo pouch.

Yeah, I remember how weird it was in the 2010 game where they'd only give you ammo if you had less than X rounds, so you'd ask and they'd go 'you got enough' and then you'd fire your gun at the wall next to them until they gave you ammo.

Totally realistic.

funkychinaman 07-31-2013 05:04 PM

http://www.aceshowbiz.com/news/view/00061039.html

I know Winter Soldier in the comics has a bionic arm, because Bucky lost his arm before he "died." But I don't recall Bucky losing his arm in the movie. Didn't he just plunge into the abyss?

S&Wshooter 07-31-2013 05:30 PM

[quote=Mandolin;39459 I greatly enjoyed MoH2010, due to the great weapon. Remember the M249 Hammer of God? Warfighter has very few guns, and my biggest peeve is that real SEALs don't use any of them. [/QUOTE]

MoH2010 seemed to be pretty fun, but I got stuck fairly early on, during that mission in which you have to blow shit up with a helicopter, because it would not let me proceed no matter what I did

funkychinaman 08-01-2013 04:24 PM

Hopefully this will greatly simply screencapping on consoles.

http://kotaku.com/you-can-use-video-...what-985846898

Spartan198 08-02-2013 03:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mandolin (Post 39459)

I'll give you the DDM4, but how exactly do you know DEVGRU doesn't use LaRue sniper rifles? They aren't normal SEALs, after all. SMUs like them can get just about anything they want and LaRue has an excellent reputation for quality products.

And remember the infinite ammo secondary was also in MoH 2010.

Quote:

I won't deny that this hurts the replay value, but MoH: Warfighter is hardly the only mainstream FPS to not give this option. This complaint can be leveled at almost every FPS made since 2004.

funkychinaman 08-02-2013 04:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spartan198 (Post 39476)
I won't deny that this hurts the replay value, but MoH: Warfighter is hardly the only mainstream FPS to not give this option. This complaint can be leveled at almost every FPS made since 2004.

They could've at least allowed you to dump your default weapon rather than be forced to hold onto weapons you weren't going to use. (It actually took me a few minutes to realize Stump was carrying that AA-12, because why the hell would Stump be carrying an AA-12?)

commando552 08-02-2013 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spartan198 (Post 39476)
I'll give you the DDM4, but how exactly do you know DEVGRU doesn't use LaRue sniper rifles? They aren't normal SEALs, after all. SMUs like them can get just about anything they want and LaRue has an excellent reputation for quality products.

The LaRue OBR 7.62 is definitely used by some US special forces. Don't know what unit he is from, but here is a pic of a spotter using a 16 inch barrel one at the U.S. Army Special Operations Command Sniper Competition at Fort Bragg, N.C., Dec. 6. Apparently the sniper of the pair was also using an OBR, but a longer barrelled one.

funkychinaman 08-05-2013 03:11 PM

Wow, they didn't dumb down the design one bit.

http://kotaku.com/japanese-mecha-cop...ure-1025708648

S&Wshooter 08-06-2013 02:16 AM

Played through Condemned 2: Bloodshot so I could play in FPS mode

funkychinaman 08-06-2013 04:54 PM

Spielberg is dropping American Sniper.

http://www.deadline.com/2013/08/stev...erican-sniper/

Spartan198 08-06-2013 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by funkychinaman (Post 39501)
Spielberg is dropping American Sniper.

http://www.deadline.com/2013/08/stev...erican-sniper/

That sucks.

funkychinaman 08-06-2013 09:04 PM

I think I'm more surprised that Bruce Willis actually said "no" to something.

http://collider.com/expendables-3-harrison-ford/

Spartan198 08-07-2013 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by funkychinaman (Post 39505)
I think I'm more surprised that Bruce Willis actually said "no" to something.

http://collider.com/expendables-3-harrison-ford/

At least they aren't recasting him in the role of Church, though. In addition to the fact that it's extremely disrespectful to Ford, I just can't stand it when characters are played by different actors in one continuity.

funkychinaman 08-07-2013 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spartan198 (Post 39509)
At least they aren't recasting him in the role of Church, though. In addition to the fact that it's extremely disrespectful to Ford, I just can't stand it when characters are played by different actors in one continuity.

The man is 71 now, so maybe 72 by the time cameras roll for Expendables 3. I'm not sure he can be as physical as Bruce Willis.

And Stallone appeared to call Willis "greedy and lazy" yesterday as well. Greedy, who knows. But lazy, come on. The guy was in six movies last year, seven if G.I. Joe: Retaliation had come out as scheduled. The guy is anything but lazy.

commando552 08-07-2013 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by funkychinaman (Post 39510)
The man is 71 now, so maybe 72 by the time cameras roll for Expendables 3. I'm not sure he can be as physical as Bruce Willis.

And Stallone appeared to call Willis "greedy and lazy" yesterday as well. Greedy, who knows. But lazy, come on. The guy was in six movies last year, seven if G.I. Joe: Retaliation had come out as scheduled. The guy is anything but lazy.

If Willis is doing something for a paycheck as opposed to something he really wants to do, he is supposedly a massive dick on set and gives nothing apart from the bare minimum.

funkychinaman 08-07-2013 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by commando552 (Post 39511)
If Willis is doing something for a paycheck as opposed to something he really wants to do, he is supposedly a massive dick on set and gives nothing apart from the bare minimum.

I really don't understand why a guy his age with his resume would have to do movies he really didn't want to do. If it's just money, he can probably make more money per movie if he was a bit more selective with his roles.

Evil Tim 08-07-2013 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by funkychinaman (Post 39512)
I really don't understand why a guy his age with his resume would have to do movies he really didn't want to do. If it's just money, he can probably make more money per movie if he was a bit more selective with his roles.

Perhaps he has contracted the Michael Caine Curse and forgotten he can turn down roles.

commando552 08-07-2013 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by funkychinaman (Post 39512)

I wouldn't have thought he has to, but he does. The classic example is Cop Out, but I remember alse hearing something from a recent film (maybe the latest Die Hard or Red 2) from the director that was something along the lines that you can't tell Willis what to do so he basically just had to build the film around him. And then you have that British interview about Red 2 that was released a couple of weeks ago that hardly paints him in a good light in terms of being easy to work with.

commando552 08-07-2013 07:21 PM

Just watched the trailer for Thor: The Dark World, why exactly is it that now London is the standard European city that gets destroyed? I miss the good old days when it was Paris...

Spartan198 08-07-2013 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by funkychinaman (Post 39510)
The guy was in six movies last year, seven if G.I. Joe: Retaliation had come out as scheduled.

He was still technically in Retaliation last year since that's when it was filmed, even if it didn't release as scheduled.

So greedy? Maybe, I don't know. But lazy? Most definitely not.

Excalibur 08-08-2013 02:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by commando552 (Post 39515)
Just watched the trailer for Thor: The Dark World, why exactly is it that now London is the standard European city that gets destroyed? I miss the good old days when it was Paris...

Last year I remember I watched the trailer to GI Joe where London got blown up, then I played Mass Effect 3, where London is the final level where it got fucked up and then the following year, Thor...and then I remembered Fantastic 4 had London fucked up too...and then I remember Modern Warfare 3

funkychinaman 08-08-2013 03:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by commando552 (Post 39514)
I wouldn't have thought he has to, but he does. The classic example is Cop Out, but I remember alse hearing something from a recent film (maybe the latest Die Hard or Red 2) from the director that was something along the lines that you can't tell Willis what to do so he basically just had to build the film around him. And then you have that British interview about Red 2 that was released a couple of weeks ago that hardly paints him in a good light in terms of being easy to work with.

Harrison Ford gets weird at interviews too. He won't talk Star Wars or Blade Runner, so unless you have a bunch of Indiana Jones questions lined up, or you're a huge Witness fan, what are you supposed to ask him?

Willis does a bunch of USO stuff though and never hesitates when it comes to visiting the troops (and he's from New Jersey) so I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt.

funkychinaman 08-08-2013 10:25 PM

http://www.theguardian.com/film/film...-expendables-3

Okay, that IS pretty greedy.

funkychinaman 08-09-2013 10:24 PM

http://kotaku.com/i-would-play-more-...loo-1081515237

I really don't know why Zombies is not it's own franchise.

funkychinaman 08-12-2013 11:06 PM

Maybe in another two months, it'll be backwards compatible with XBox 360 games.

http://kotaku.com/xbox-one-wont-actu...oso-1113142909

Spartan198 08-16-2013 02:50 PM

Okay, even I think GTA Online looks fucking amazing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olEGtoYs_8A

Excalibur 08-16-2013 05:57 PM

Hope it works.

Also Kick Ass 2 was pretty good

funkychinaman 08-19-2013 04:52 PM

I finally finished LA Noire. It's a nice game, but I don't see much room for sequel. It's also going to be really seeing the people in the game in movies and on TV. I think my biggest disappointment is (*slight spoiler*) not being able to shoot Ray Earle in that smug rat face of his.

Excalibur 08-20-2013 03:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by funkychinaman (Post 39536)
I finally finished LA Noire. It's a nice game, but I don't see much room for sequel. It's also going to be really seeing the people in the game in movies and on TV. I think my biggest disappointment is (*slight spoiler*) not being able to shoot Ray Earle in that smug rat face of his.

They are making another game that takes place in China

funkychinaman 08-20-2013 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Excalibur (Post 39537)
They are making another game that takes place in China

Whore of the Orient. I'm not sure a lot of retailers will carry a game with "whore" in the title. It's nice that they're covering a time and place usually neglected by western games, but I'm not sure that'll sell.

funkychinaman 08-21-2013 04:17 PM

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Expen...sis-39063.html

I would say "Conrad Stonebanks" is a silly villain name, but it can't top "Jean Vilain" from the last film.

And what's keeping this Expendables/Machete crossover from happening?

funkychinaman 08-21-2013 05:24 PM

http://variety.com/2013/tv/news/ramb...le-1200585188/

In more Stallone news, I don't know if Rambo can make the transition to TV. It'd have to be on AMC or HBO to feel right.

Spartan198 08-21-2013 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by funkychinaman (Post 39541)
http://variety.com/2013/tv/news/ramb...le-1200585188/

In more Stallone news, I don't know if Rambo can make the transition to TV. It'd have to be on AMC or HBO to feel right.

*Tries desperately to forget Rambo: The Force of Freedom ever happened*