imfdb.org

imfdb.org (http://forum.imfdb.org/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://forum.imfdb.org/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   New Video Games/ Movies (http://forum.imfdb.org/showthread.php?t=1091)

funkychinaman 03-10-2015 11:09 AM

I'm not sure what's more ridiculous, that someone feels it's necessary to remake a series already in English, or that Marlon Waylons would replace Idris Elba.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/liv...delayed-780165

funkychinaman 03-11-2015 11:46 AM

Yay?

http://www.vancitybuzz.com/2015/03/t...ancouver-fall/

Swordfish941 03-11-2015 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by funkychinaman (Post 41739)
I'm not sure what's more ridiculous, that someone feels it's necessary to remake a series already in English, or that Marlon Waylons would replace Idris Elba.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/liv...delayed-780165

Going from Idris Elba to Marlon Wayans is like going from Christopher Reeves to Tom Welling.

funkychinaman 03-11-2015 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swordfish941 (Post 41745)
Going from Idris Elba to Marlon Wayans is like going from Christopher Reeves to Tom Welling.

If they're determined to do an American remake, why not just get Idris Elba?

funkychinaman 03-19-2015 01:13 PM

A second remake of Scarface on the way.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...traight-782472

funkychinaman 03-20-2015 07:56 PM

I'm still not sure dropping a supporting role in GoT to take a starring role in this was an upgrade.

https://youtu.be/PXmD19clAY4

Swordfish941 03-21-2015 06:12 AM

Is it weird that I consider Halloween III: Season of the Witch to be a better Halloween film than Rob Zombie's Halloween remake?

Spartan198 03-21-2015 10:17 AM

Got Battlefield 4. While I'm happy to be given the ability to choose whatever weapon you want to use before and during a mission, I'm a little annoyed that you apparently can't change out sights and other accessories.

And I loled at the Predator style laser sight on the G36C.

funkychinaman 03-21-2015 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spartan198 (Post 41758)
Got Battlefield 4. While I'm happy to be given the ability to choose whatever weapon you want to use before and during a mission, I'm a little annoyed that you apparently can't change out sights and other accessories.

And I loled at the Predator style laser sight on the G36C.

I picked BF4 around the holidays for like five bucks, but I haven't cracked it up yet. Is there any co-op in it?

Spartan198 03-21-2015 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by funkychinaman (Post 41759)
I picked BF4 around the holidays for like five bucks, but I haven't cracked it up yet. Is there any co-op in it?

I don't think so, at least not on PS4. I can't say for other platforms.

Excalibur 03-22-2015 01:24 PM

I just beat Battlefield Hardline and...it wasn't bad. The singleplayer that is. I don't do multiplayer.

The arresting ability is kinda broken. Apparently I the guy you play has unlimited handcuffs

S&Wshooter 03-23-2015 06:39 PM

Finally saw Cross of Iron, and for the life of me I don't see why getting to watch it is such a rare opportunity; it was great, and any fan of WW2 fiction should check it out

funkychinaman 03-23-2015 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by S&Wshooter (Post 41763)
Finally saw Cross of Iron, and for the life of me I don't see why getting to watch it is such a rare opportunity; it was great, and any fan of WW2 fiction should check it out

It was just weird seeing James Coburn as a German.

S&Wshooter 03-24-2015 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by funkychinaman (Post 41764)
It was just weird seeing James Coburn as a German.

He did a great job of it, though

funkychinaman 03-24-2015 05:58 PM

Only six episodes, but it should be enough time to solve the mystery of how Gillian Anderson is hotter now than she was in 1998.

http://tvline.com/2015/03/24/x-files...-episodes-fox/

funkychinaman 03-25-2015 01:43 PM

If you like Star Wars, watch this. If you like anime, watch this. If you like both... whatever.

https://youtu.be/PN_CP4SuoTU

Mandolin 04-05-2015 03:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by funkychinaman (Post 41767)
If you like Star Wars, watch this. If you like anime, watch this. If you like both... whatever.

https://youtu.be/PN_CP4SuoTU

On a related note, here's a fake trailer for Pizar's X-Wings
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZ3n_D1zBrg

Swordfish941 04-05-2015 04:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mandolin (Post 41771)
On a related note, here's a fake trailer for Pizar's X-Wings
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZ3n_D1zBrg

This still looks better than Cars 2.

S&Wshooter 04-07-2015 04:01 PM

Been rewatching Cinemax's Banshee, love how it doesn't drag on forever like [pretty much every popular show] with nothing happening

Swordfish941 04-13-2015 06:03 PM

I just started watching the Daredevil Netflix series, and it is REALLY good.

funkychinaman 04-30-2015 07:34 PM

http://www.thewrap.com/jump-street-f...ack-crossover/

Meh, after The Lego Movie and both Jump Street films, I trust Lord and Miller.

Swordfish941 05-01-2015 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by funkychinaman (Post 41796)
http://www.thewrap.com/jump-street-f...ack-crossover/

Meh, after The Lego Movie and both Jump Street films, I trust Lord and Miller.

They're milking this franchise for all it's worth, aren't they?

Spartan198 05-01-2015 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swordfish941 (Post 41797)
They're milking this franchise for all it's worth, aren't they?

They could be milking worse, though. Jump Street is one Hollywood's better offerings in recent years.

Excalibur 05-04-2015 02:29 AM

First look at the full Suicide Squad cast

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/05/03...uad-cast-photo

Swordfish941 05-04-2015 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Excalibur (Post 41802)
First look at the full Suicide Squad cast

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/05/03...uad-cast-photo

It looks pretty interesting, although the quality of the photo makes it look like it's a production image from a TV Show.

Excalibur 05-10-2015 02:50 PM

Looks like Will Smith is getting some firearms training at least

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2...aran-tactical/

Swordfish941 05-13-2015 02:56 AM

Well, this movie looks interesting. It's directed by the guy who did Prisoners (which was good), and Benicio del Toro is a good actor:

http://www.liveforfilms.com/2015/04/...euves-sicario/

And speaking of del Toro, he was the only good part of that piece of shit movie Savages.

Spartan198 05-14-2015 04:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swordfish941 (Post 41807)
Well, this movie looks interesting. It's directed by the guy who did Prisoners (which was good), and Benicio del Toro is a good actor:

http://www.liveforfilms.com/2015/04/...euves-sicario/

And speaking of del Toro, he was the only good part of that piece of shit movie Savages.

Sounds interesting.

funkychinaman 05-20-2015 11:42 AM

Jack Reacher 2 is a go.

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Jack-...ils-71534.html

(And how did Edward Zwick get to be known as the Last Samurai guy? Glory? Courage Under Fire?)

S&Wshooter 05-22-2015 05:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by funkychinaman (Post 41812)
Jack Reacher 2 is a go.

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Jack-...ils-71534.html

(And how did Edward Zwick get to be known as the Last Samurai guy? Glory? Courage Under Fire?)

fukken yeeeeeee, I love that whole series, own almost all the books

funkychinaman 05-27-2015 11:50 AM

Screw that, just go with a live action Venture Bros movie.

http://variety.com/2015/film/news/jo...ez-1201505107/

Swordfish941 05-27-2015 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by funkychinaman (Post 41817)
Screw that, just go with a live action Venture Bros movie.

http://variety.com/2015/film/news/jo...ez-1201505107/

If you're going with Johnny Quest movie, get someone talented instead of a hack like Rodriguez.

I'm only saying that Rodriguez is a hack because the films he makes today suck.

funkychinaman 05-28-2015 11:33 AM

It can only be better, right?

http://variety.com/2015/film/news/le...ox-1201505537/

funkychinaman 05-28-2015 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swordfish941 (Post 41818)
If you're going with Johnny Quest movie, get someone talented instead of a hack like Rodriguez.

I'm only saying that Rodriguez is a hack because the films he makes today suck.

Rodriguez kind of painted himself into a corner by giving up his DGA card. It limits his choices, since a lot of studios can't hire non-guild members.

Excalibur 05-28-2015 11:49 AM

So....a remake Point Break? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncvFAm4kYCo

Swordfish941 05-28-2015 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Excalibur (Post 41821)

Eh, I'll give this one a chance. It looks okay for the most part.

funkychinaman 05-28-2015 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swordfish941 (Post 41822)
Eh, I'll give this one a chance. It looks okay for the most part.

I look forward to watching it when it's on Netflix Instant View and I'm bored.

Swordfish941 05-29-2015 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by funkychinaman (Post 41823)
I look forward to watching it when it's on Netflix Instant View and I'm bored.

That's how I watch most movies I consider going to see, but ultimately didn't.

funkychinaman 05-30-2015 03:17 PM

I guess we'll have to be content with only one disappointing Tron sequel.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...d-tron-798941?

Swordfish941 05-30-2015 09:17 PM

I just bought Friday the 13th Part 3 (in 3D) and Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter today. And the copy of Part 3 that I bought comes with two pairs of 3D glasses.


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:39 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.