imfdb.org

imfdb.org (http://forum.imfdb.org/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://forum.imfdb.org/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   New Video Games/ Movies (http://forum.imfdb.org/showthread.php?t=1091)

Evil Tim 09-11-2013 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by funkychinaman (Post 39618)
I just remember playing that section and thinking "I'm playing a war crimes simulation." (And then at the end of the game, "I just helped drop the Iron Curtain. What the hell is wrong with this game?")

Eh, I always thought that was kind of the idea. Reznov's pretty scary at times, after all, and I figured Mason's version in Black Ops was less so because Mason only knew the guy who was trying to manipulate him.

It's a pretty simple message about what seeking revenge can turn you into, but it's there for you to think about if you want to and the game doesn't beat you over the head with it. That's something, I guess.

funkychinaman 09-11-2013 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil Tim (Post 39620)
Eh, I always thought that was kind of the idea. Reznov's pretty scary at times, after all, and I figured Mason's version in Black Ops was less so because Mason only knew the guy who was trying to manipulate him.

It's a pretty simple message about what seeking revenge can turn you into, but it's there for you to think about if you want to and the game doesn't beat you over the head with it. That's something, I guess.

Speaker of Reznov.

It's still weird hearing Oldman with his natural accent. I know they exist, but I don't think I've ever seen any of the films where he's played a British person.

Swordfish941 09-22-2013 08:18 PM

I just bought Fable II, and I have to say that it's an awesome and pretty addicting game.

Excalibur 09-23-2013 04:33 AM

The 3rd Fable was a complete disappointment

funkychinaman 09-23-2013 07:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swordfish941 (Post 39635)
I just bought Fable II, and I have to say that it's an awesome and pretty addicting game.

I think the first part of Fable II was a free download from XBLA for a while. I'm just not a big RPG guy.

funkychinaman 09-25-2013 03:36 PM

It looks like Gamefly is dumping copies of Crysis 3. How is it? Is it better than Crysis 2? I just couldn't get into Crysis 2.

Excalibur 09-25-2013 04:47 PM

The 3rd game is weird because the story just took a dump on us. The connecting events are very flimsy and confusing.

funkychinaman 09-25-2013 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Excalibur (Post 39656)
The 3rd game is weird because the story just took a dump on us. The connecting events are very flimsy and confusing.

I never really got into the story, since I never played the first one. The game itself just wasn't that fun. I think I was about half way through when I just stopped playing out of boredom.

Evil Tim 09-26-2013 09:10 AM

I saw Bro Team's stream of the game; the guy playing never got good at it, never used the upgrade system, picked up weapons more or less at random and still beat the entire game in about four hours, only dying at all on the last two levels.

Excalibur 09-26-2013 02:27 PM

Agents of SHIELD is very bland and generic but still it is just one episode. I can only hope it works but...it is very TV generic. It's NCIS SHIELD