imfdb.org

imfdb.org (http://forum.imfdb.org/index.php)
-   Guns & Movies (http://forum.imfdb.org/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   HK doesn't just hate you... (http://forum.imfdb.org/showthread.php?t=833)

Spartan198 01-02-2010 07:41 AM

HK doesn't just hate you...

They especially hate airsofters!

http://larrycorreia.wordpress.com/20...te-airsofters/

Edit: Oops... wrong section, sorry. :o

S&Wshooter 01-02-2010 07:56 AM

Is H&K run by the real world version of Bizarro? Because they do everything ass-backwards

Zulu Two Six 01-02-2010 03:36 PM

wow dude, thats messed up.
there are TONS of H&K airsoft products out there. the most famous being the G36 and MP5.

H&K is the biggest dumbass ive ever seen

Excalibur 01-02-2010 04:55 PM

The weird part is they are suing the distributors who just sell the airsoft guns. I have not seen any of the brand names that makes the airsoft guns. The distributors have nothing to do with how the Airsoft are made. They just import the airsoft from Japan and sell them in America

MT2008 01-14-2010 12:19 AM

This is a real dick move on their part. There are quite a few gun manufacturers (Armalite, SIG, Walther, etc.) that actually sell officially licensed airsoft versions of their products on their official web sites.

But anyway, if they're only suing distributors (and many airsoft retailers that sell to Americans aren't actually based in the U.S.), it won't make a difference. The only thing they're going to is alienate 90% of their fans. :rolleyes: :D

S&Wshooter 01-14-2010 07:15 PM

Armalite airguns? You mean I can go all Provo on people with an AR-18 when I play airsoft ?

MT2008 01-14-2010 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by S&Wshooter (Post 10717)
Armalite airguns? You mean I can go all Provo on people with an AR-18 when I play airsoft ?

Nope. The replicas Armalite sells (or used to sell) were of their AR-15-type rifles only. I'm pretty sure they were by some other manufacturer, except with licensed Armalite trademarks.

Also, puh-leeze don't tell me you're one of those moron Plastic Paddy IRA sympathizers.

k9870 01-14-2010 09:46 PM

I wish armalite still made ar-180s.

S&Wshooter 01-14-2010 11:02 PM

I don't like the IRA, but I despise how the British used to pretty much bully Ireland for no reason. I did agree with th old IRA's policy of knee capping drug dealers, however (of course the IRA are the drug dealers nowadays)

MT2008 01-15-2010 01:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by k9870 (Post 10724)
I wish armalite still made ar-180s.

Well, they did make the AR-180B up until a few years ago. Unfortunately, it was only made in AWB-friendly incarnations. The Wikipedia article claims that another new version is on the way out, but it doesn't cite sources, and I personally haven't heard anything about it.

Also, I'm not the biggest fan of the AR-180. I respect its operating system, but ergonomically, the rifle itself is about as bad as the AK (except more complex, and therefore more difficult to maintain). Better rifle designs have been built using its internals.

Quote:

Originally Posted by S&Wshooter (Post 10725)
I don't like the IRA, but I despise how the British used to pretty much bully Ireland for no reason. I did agree with th old IRA's policy of knee capping drug dealers, however (of course the IRA are the drug dealers nowadays)

That was 100 years ago. Also, while I am aware that colonialism caused lots of hardships for the Irish (particularly the Potato Famine), you might want to remember that the British also built up Ireland's economy into the 7th richest in the world at independence. Then when they became independent, it all went to shit pretty fast. It's only been within the last 20 years that Ireland became rich again.

As for the IRA kneecapping drug dealers, we basically know that in retrospect, it was mostly about controlling the drug trade for themselves. The IRA's "Army Council" has historically been dominated by gangsters and Marxist-Leninist thugs who almost surely had a hand in the drug trade.