imfdb.org

imfdb.org (http://forum.imfdb.org/index.php)
-   Just Guns (http://forum.imfdb.org/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Gun purchases thread. (http://forum.imfdb.org/showthread.php?t=1842)

AdAstra2009 06-22-2012 02:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Excalibur (Post 35278)
Nice. Do you plan to get a light for it? And got any hollow points? Because I really hope the mag is filled with range ammo for the range

Well the rail on the USP is some kind of weird proprietary rail so I would need to get an adapter for it if I was to put anything on it. I don't think I'm going to put a light on it anyways, I got a Remington 870 with a Surefire 618 for HD anyways. Ammo is Federal American Eagle FMJ, yup range ammo and unfortunately I've been too busy to take it out to the range.

Excalibur 06-22-2012 06:49 PM

I think Insight makes a light for it, the M2, the UTL M2 was designed for the USP.

If you got the money, Surefire X300

You could get a pro-mag adapter.

You shouldn't limit yourself with what you can add to your gun. Even if you have a light on your shotgun, you should get a light for your home defense handgun

And what kind of defensive ammo are you going to put in it? Make sure whatever you pick, you take it to the range and shoot a box of them at least to see if they run in your gun without problems

predator20 06-25-2012 07:12 PM

USP for me too and no I didn't do it to copy AdAstra. I tried to bid on some earlier this year, but didn't work out. It's an older one but listed as NIB and unfired. Got it mainly because of the date code KD made in '93 first year they were introduced. I was planning getting a S&W 659 too, but loaned my bro some money. 659 will have to wait. This is an auction pic.

http://www.imfdb.org/w/images/b/be/Pred20H%26KUSP.JPG

Yournamehere 06-25-2012 09:11 PM

Looks like they've changed the rollmarks on the lower frame. Your first year production model has the HK logo and USP in small letters while current production models have USP in large and somewhat sloppy letters filling the whole smooth area where the mark is.

I'd really like to hear some reviews on the gun since its ergonomics coupled with its use of a polymer frame while retaining a traditional double action trigger really peak my interest.

AdAstra2009 06-26-2012 04:42 AM

Took it to the range a couple days ago and put 100 rounds of Federal FMJ rounds through it with no hiccups. Feels great but I feeled like it was shooting a little low. I've been reading up and it seems that with the USP there is a tendency to pull down or something and that the point of impact with the sights is directly behind the front sight and not on top of it.

Though I'm also going to put into account my limited experience with handguns and human error.

predator20 06-26-2012 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AdAstra2009 (Post 35305)
Took it to the range a couple days ago and put 100 rounds of Federal FMJ rounds through it with no hiccups. Feels great but I feeled like it was shooting a little low. I've been reading up and it seems that with the USP there is a tendency to pull down or something and that the point of impact with the sights is directly behind the front sight and not on top of it.

Though I'm also going to put into account my limited experience with handguns and human error.

What kind of hold were you using, 12 or 6 o'clock? Manufacturers tend to switch between the two.

It looks like it will be a while before I get my USP. The seller is leaving out of town on Thurs for two weeks, I priority mailed the payment so it would make by Weds. But my FFL is out of town till Sun and no copy of his license to send the guy. Just wonderful. :(

AdAstra2009 06-27-2012 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by predator20 (Post 35308)
What kind of hold were you using, 12 or 6 o'clock? Manufacturers tend to switch between the two.

Whats the difference, I can't find a good explanation on google.

predator20 06-27-2012 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AdAstra2009 (Post 35310)
Whats the difference, I can't find a good explanation on google.

12 o'clock isn't really the right term. Some pistols you aim right at the bullseye. Others require a 6 o'clock hold where you aim just below the bullseye. Wasn't sure if that was the reason you were hitting low.

S&Wshooter 06-28-2012 12:59 AM

My father and I bought a ton of .223 and .45 the other day at a gunshow in Pasadena

I almost walked out of there with a new Mosin, but when I took a closer look at it, it didn't seem to be in as good of condition as it appeared to be

k9870 06-30-2012 02:22 PM

i take my ccw course tmrw, have a bodyguard 30 and a pocket holster but want a small but major caliber iwb gun soo, thinking of trying to track down a shield 9mm but those are vaporware here right now.