imfdb.org

imfdb.org (http://forum.imfdb.org/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://forum.imfdb.org/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   New Video Games/ Movies (http://forum.imfdb.org/showthread.php?t=1091)

Spartan198 06-12-2011 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil Tim (Post 30232)
I don't really understand why FPSes are so opposed to talking player characters, I never minded when Nomad did it in Crysis or Kellar did it in Black.

I always presumed they did it because they believe it gives you more of an attachment to the character.

Evil Tim 06-12-2011 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spartan198 (Post 30233)
I always presumed they did it because they believe it gives you more of an attachment to the character.

Yeah, but the trouble is there is no character to become attached to, you're just a hole in the story. It's like when they put annoying kids in kids' movies because they think there needs to be an actual child there for the kids in the audience to pretend is them, when kids have no problem pretending they're Batman or Optimus Prime and tend to just wish the kid characters would stop getting in everyone's way.

Swordfish941 06-12-2011 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil Tim (Post 30234)
It's like when they put annoying kids in kids' movies because they think there needs to be an actual child there for the kids in the audience to pretend is them, when kids have no problem pretending they're Batman or Optimus Prime and tend to just wish the kid characters would stop getting in everyone's way.

That is my exact thoughts of Shia Labeouf being in Transformers.

k9870 06-12-2011 10:24 AM

Yeah I hate silent heroes too. Characters who talk are signifcantly more interesting. laughed when when in MW2 soap talked until you played as him agan then went silent.....

MT2008 06-12-2011 02:53 PM

I saw "Super 8" yesterday (it was the first time in about 9 months that I went to see a movie in a theater - the last was when I saw "The Town"). I enjoyed it and highly recommend it.

S&Wshooter 06-12-2011 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MT2008 (Post 30239)
I saw "Super 8" yesterday (it was the first time in about 9 months that I went to see a movie in a theater - the last was when I saw "The Town"). I enjoyed it and highly recommend it.

What was it about, exactly?

MT2008 06-12-2011 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by S&Wshooter (Post 30241)
What was it about, exactly?

It's a story about kids making their own monster movie (on Super 8 film, hence the title), and also an actual monster that's on the loose while they're making the movie. It's kinda hard to describe the plot without spoiling it, so just trust me and go check it out.

One other thing: It turned out to be a really good date movie (which I would not have expected going in), so take a girl to see it.

S&Wshooter 06-12-2011 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MT2008 (Post 30242)
It's a story about kids making their own monster movie (on Super 8 film, hence the title), and also an actual monster that's on the loose while they're making the movie. It's kinda hard to describe the plot without spoiling it, so just trust me and go check it out.

One other thing: It turned out to be a really good date movie (which I would not have expected going in), so take a girl to see it.

Sounds interesting

Swordfish941 06-12-2011 08:49 PM

I just bought Modern Warfare 2 with my debit card. I use to have the game but the disc got scratched up beyond repair.

MT2008 06-12-2011 11:37 PM

"Don't Be a Menace to South Central While Drinking Your Juice in the Hood" is quite possibly the funniest spoof I've ever seen, though it won't make sense if you haven't watched "Boyz N The Hood" and "Menace II Society" first.