imfdb.org

imfdb.org (http://forum.imfdb.org/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://forum.imfdb.org/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Randomness 3 (http://forum.imfdb.org/showthread.php?t=1977)

Evil Tim 02-11-2013 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Wierd It (Post 37955)
So one of my fellow admins on the Call of Duty wiki claimed it was OK that we were incorrectly referring to the CH-46 Sea Knight in Black Ops and Black Ops II as a CH-47 Chinook because, and I quote, "The CH-46 Sea Knight was not used in war until the 2006 Iraq War, the CH-47 Chinook however was used for Vietnam and onwards, as such the helicopters in Black Ops (Set during the Vietnam war and onwards) would be the Chinook."

Considering one of your admins doesn't understand how resolution works and thinks the original CoD had a "native resolution" (and that that NATO still existed in the war in MW3 even though they didn't respond to the US being invaded in 2, so the war page should list all NATO nations as combatants) then that's kind of par for the course.

SPEMack618 02-11-2013 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Wierd It (Post 37990)
If you'll excuse me I need to go build a wall to bash my head against.

Oh feel free to use mine. I think some of my brain matter may still be there, like the part necessary for higher level math.

1st Amendment concerns aside, does anybody ever think that maybe modern media is making us dumber?

The Wierd It 02-12-2013 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil Tim (Post 37991)
so the war page should list all NATO nations as combatants

I think we were just sticking to the ones actually seen fighting.

k9870 02-13-2013 02:47 AM

im trolling james yeagers forum with some friends, its awesome. 42 posts, mods must be asleep.

SPEMack618 02-13-2013 05:30 AM

Another conversation from the household....

*clattering sound followed by inaudible swearing from my sister*
Sister-"MACK! Why is there an ammo box on the stares?"
Me- "uh, I forgot..." *inaudible mumblings*
Sister- "Well, I certainly found it. Could you keep your preparing for the end times hobbie confined to your room?"
Me- *sheepishly* "Sorry"
Sister- "It's fine. Did you load me any more .380?" *coming into my room now, with ammo can*
Me- *sheepishly again* "I forgot..."
Sister- "Fine. When I get carried off by a biker gang, I hope you feel real bad."
Me- "Sorry."

Mandolin 02-13-2013 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPEMack618 (Post 38013)
Another conversation from the household....

*clattering sound followed by inaudible swearing from my sister*
Sister-"MACK! Why is there an ammo box on the stares?"
Me- "uh, I forgot..." *inaudible mumblings*
Sister- "Well, I certainly found it. Could you keep your preparing for the end times hobbie confined to your room?"
Me- *sheepishly* "Sorry"
Sister- "It's fine. Did you load me any more .380?" *coming into my room now, with ammo can*
Me- *sheepishly again* "I forgot..."
Sister- "Fine. When I get carried off by a biker gang, I hope you feel real bad."
Me- "Sorry."

Tell her the ammo box is there because when the biker gang takes her, you want to come after her as fast as possible and not have to dig stuff out. Liam Neilson voice while doing so optional:D. What .380, BTW?

S&Wshooter 02-13-2013 07:06 PM

SPEMack618's sister is the most sought after commodity within the biker gang community of the Southern United States, worth roughly 4.8 tons of pharmaceutical grade Methamphetamine

SPEMack618 02-13-2013 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mandolin (Post 38019)
Tell her the ammo box is there because when the biker gang takes her, you want to come after her as fast as possible and not have to dig stuff out. Liam Neilson voice while doing so optional:D. What .380, BTW?

Oh, gosh, I hope she, or rather her fiance doesn't read this, being a Sheriff's Deputy, I think he might insist on it so we could live out some sort of redneck fantasy against the local white trash meth tweakers.

S&W Bodyguard.

SPEMack618 02-13-2013 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by S&Wshooter (Post 38021)
SPEMack618's sister is the most sought after commodity within the biker gang community of the Southern United States, worth roughly 4.8 tons of pharmaceutical grade Methamphetamine

Well, she was a cheerleader, prom queen, and sorority girl, so it wouldn't be unexpected.

And no, I never had to climb to the top of the water tower with a can of paint.

S&Wshooter 02-13-2013 08:04 PM

3 days after kidnapping: SPEMack's sister becomes the Biker Queen, rules with an iron fist