imfdb.org

imfdb.org (http://forum.imfdb.org/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://forum.imfdb.org/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Randomness 3 (http://forum.imfdb.org/showthread.php?t=1977)

Evil Tim 01-28-2013 09:58 PM

http://www.gao.gov/products/GAO-12-480R

This is a report about reports about reports that recommends the preparation of a report about the report about reports about reports.

Your tax dollars, ladies and gentlemen.

SPEMack618 01-29-2013 04:17 AM

Remind me again why I had to pay out of pocket for good boots?:confused:

S&Wshooter 01-31-2013 04:25 PM

I found out the other day that my great-grandfather's old, wore out Stevens 311 (which my grandfather passed down to me a few years back) was literally the last gun sold through any kind of shop or store in the whole of Port Arthur, Texas from 1940 to the end of 1945

At some point, my father and I are going to have it and my grandfather's 16 Ga. Winchester Model 12 restored by Briley Manufacturing

SPEMack618 01-31-2013 06:32 PM

HOLY COW! My Big Sister, Mom, and Girlfriend made me a shadow box with all my trinkets in it. I hate to think how much this cost.

And I mean, they got everything. 48th Bde patch, ISAF patch, DUIs, all ten medals, my two ribbons, shooting iron, CAB, rank pins, the works.

k9870 02-02-2013 07:44 PM

Im thinking i may want to get my ffl eventually. Not really to run a full shop but to bank some money on transfers. Possibly do orders from people on the online distributors like davidsons. There i could supplement income without fronting the money to put guns on the shelves.

The Wierd It 02-09-2013 10:09 AM

So one of my fellow admins on the Call of Duty wiki claimed it was OK that we were incorrectly referring to the CH-46 Sea Knight in Black Ops and Black Ops II as a CH-47 Chinook because, and I quote, "The CH-46 Sea Knight was not used in war until the 2006 Iraq War, the CH-47 Chinook however was used for Vietnam and onwards, as such the helicopters in Black Ops (Set during the Vietnam war and onwards) would be the Chinook."

I think Medal of Honor recipient Raymond M. Clausen, Jr., who got it by repeatedly running out of a Sea Knight into a minefield in Vietnam to rescue wounded Marines, is spinning in his grave right now. Plus that doesn't hold water when you consider we're apparently doing that for a game set after it was "first used in war".

*headdesk*

EDIT: After being called on this his argument has changed to, in order: "The CH-47 was the main helicopter of the Vietnam era" (Apparently the Huey doesn't exist anymore), "The CH-47 is a cargo carrier and the CH-46 isn't", since apparently the fact the Sea Knight gets used for VERTREP doesn't count, and "The CH-47 can carry more", which is stupid since in game it's not shown carrying anything bigger than a small crate.

k9870 02-09-2013 03:24 PM

got 2 feet of snow, 4 feet of drifts burying cars, 30-40 mph wind, and unplowed roads.

Spartan198 02-11-2013 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Wierd It (Post 37955)
So one of my fellow admins on the Call of Duty wiki claimed it was OK that we were incorrectly referring to the CH-46 Sea Knight in Black Ops and Black Ops II as a CH-47 Chinook because, and I quote, "The CH-46 Sea Knight was not used in war until the 2006 Iraq War, the CH-47 Chinook however was used for Vietnam and onwards, as such the helicopters in Black Ops (Set during the Vietnam war and onwards) would be the Chinook."

I think Medal of Honor recipient Raymond M. Clausen, Jr., who got it by repeatedly running out of a Sea Knight into a minefield in Vietnam to rescue wounded Marines, is spinning in his grave right now. Plus that doesn't hold water when you consider we're apparently doing that for a game set after it was "first used in war".

*headdesk*

EDIT: After being called on this his argument has changed to, in order: "The CH-47 was the main helicopter of the Vietnam era" (Apparently the Huey doesn't exist anymore), "The CH-47 is a cargo carrier and the CH-46 isn't", since apparently the fact the Sea Knight gets used for VERTREP doesn't count, and "The CH-47 can carry more", which is stupid since in game it's not shown carrying anything bigger than a small crate.

You expect way too much out of the average CoD fan.

SPEMack618 02-11-2013 09:14 PM

I remeber getting lectured by a Fraternity Brother over how a fully automatic FAL/G3/M-14 was un-possible.

"They're battle rifles. They can't be full auto/ Then they would be assualt rifles."

The Wierd It 02-11-2013 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPEMack618 (Post 37989)
I remeber getting lectured by a Fraternity Brother over how a fully automatic FAL/G3/M-14 was un-possible.

"They're battle rifles. They can't be full auto/ Then they would be assualt rifles."

If you'll excuse me I need to go build a wall to bash my head against.