imfdb.org

imfdb.org (http://forum.imfdb.org/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://forum.imfdb.org/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   New Video Games/ Movies (http://forum.imfdb.org/showthread.php?t=1091)

Excalibur 03-16-2012 03:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by k9870 (Post 34470)
The retake mass effect movement has now raised over 50 thousand dollars for the childs play charity.

I am on my second playthrough of the game and yeah I agree with how it ended and it needs to change

BlackIce_GTS 03-16-2012 03:33 AM

I'm feeling some schadenfreude* about that. I hated the first game so very very much, and it makes me happy that people are angry now instead of just raving about how wonderful Mass Effect is all the time.

*I spelled that correctly on the first try.
What? Of course you don't care. I knew that.

k9870 03-16-2012 12:42 PM

Is a game about your choices and the consequences of them, then the ending goes "haha actually it didn't matter screw you by the way heres some crap that amkes no sense ever play deus ex?"

The hope is, in game you get hit by harbingers beam, it goes white, you pass out. Then you get up, without armor, holding a gun with unlimited ammo, go into the crucible but there are no bad guys, someone a couple people who couldnt be there and a mumbo jumbo of stupiduty. Its all slow motion and surreal. So basically its all a hallucinatuon.

Excalibur 03-16-2012 04:02 PM

What is up with the hologram of the little boy at the end?

k9870 03-16-2012 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Excalibur (Post 34478)
What is up with the hologram of the little boy at the end?

why does the normandy crash and have teamates who were on earth with you get out when it should be battling over earth? Bioware has a lot to answer for. Rumor of "the truth" dlc is spreading, either way bioware will make a new ending, theres a demand for it and that makes money. The dlc will not be free

http://www.facebook.com/#!/DemandABe...gToMassEffect3

Excalibur 03-16-2012 06:33 PM

In EVERY ENDING, the Normandy crashes on that same planet and then we fast forward to an unspecified time in the future where a boy talks to his dad I think about when humanity will go back to the stars or something. It is one big reset button. We get no closure on our companion characters, they don't even get an epic battle in the end. In ME2, we see every one of our companion characters pitch in. We see all of the fight along side Shepard in the cutscenes and it was awesome. We don't get any of that here.

k9870 03-16-2012 06:52 PM

Why does the normandy crash? Swept in picked up the squad abandoned shepard and earth and bravely ran away?

I believe the "destroy" ending is reminscent of a hallucination where shepard breaks reaper control (indoctrination) and the little scene of him getting up in rubble is right after harbingers beam hit and the endtering the citadel never happened.

Excalibur 03-16-2012 08:21 PM

The rumored "Truth" DLC is bullshit. If they had a real ending and was going to DLC it, that is bullshit

k9870 03-16-2012 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Excalibur (Post 34482)
The rumored "Truth" DLC is bullshit. If they had a real ending and was going to DLC it, that is bullshit

ibelieve it will be made now seeing most fans want it and will pay so business is business

BlackIce_GTS 03-18-2012 12:08 AM

Being a bastard can make you a lot of money, but you never know when you'll cross the line and lose it.
EA, last I checked, still has a lot of money.

k9870 03-18-2012 04:05 AM

yeah i never really got on the anti ea bandwagon till now. Lets just say ill never get a bioware game thats in a series until the last ones out. This way i can avoid a series instead of being let down by it,

k9870 03-18-2012 01:52 PM

im going to replay 1 and 2 to tweak the story the way i want and get a satisfying experience, hopefully when im done bioware fixes this mess.

S&Wshooter 03-18-2012 07:05 PM

Anyone see the commercial for the 3 Stooges movie?

Excalibur 03-19-2012 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by S&Wshooter (Post 34501)
Anyone see the commercial for the 3 Stooges movie?

It's stupid

S&Wshooter 03-19-2012 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Excalibur (Post 34508)
It's stupid

My first thought upon seeing it was "Oh, for fuck's sake!"

funkychinaman 03-20-2012 04:46 AM

Michael Bay Must Be Stopped.

http://popwatch.ew.com/2012/03/19/mi...ens/?hpt=hp_t2

Excalibur 03-20-2012 06:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by funkychinaman (Post 34514)

He needs to be shot

k9870 03-20-2012 05:39 PM

Good thing i didnt grow up on TMNT at least i can stand by while bay rapes OTHER peoples childhoods.

funkychinaman 03-22-2012 07:54 PM

Maybe Syfy would be more receptive if it was titled "Super Viper vs. Mega Cylon."

http://www.masslive.com/entertainmen...prequel_b.html

BeardedHoplite 03-25-2012 02:55 AM

I scored the entire series of Neon genesis Evangelon for 15 bucks today.

Excalibur 03-28-2012 04:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeardedHoplite (Post 34527)
I scored the entire series of Neon genesis Evangelon for 15 bucks today.

Awesome. You will either love the show or hate it. Love/hate relationship for me

Also saw 21 Jump Street and Hunger Games. Both good movie

Spartan198 03-28-2012 04:53 AM

The new Star Trek is awesome, and that's coming from someone who isn't even an ST fan.

Excalibur 03-28-2012 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spartan198 (Post 34542)
The new Star Trek is awesome, and that's coming from someone who isn't even an ST fan.

If you were, you wouldn't like it that much.

Even if you are NOT a Star Trek fan, you'd be scratching your head about Nero, the villain. What was he doing for 25 years while Kirk grows up? Don't warn his homeworld in advance, don't sell his ship's awesome tech for money, nothing.

S&Wshooter 03-28-2012 07:27 PM

This month alone (purchased):

The Dead
Eraser
Exiled
Full Metal Jacket
Harry Brown
The Last Boy Scout
Passenger 57
Point of No Return
Running Scared
Sin City
Undead
Unforgiven
Vengeance

My name is S&Wshooter, and I am addicted to collecting movies

funkychinaman 03-28-2012 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Excalibur (Post 34550)
If you were, you wouldn't like it that much.

Even if you are NOT a Star Trek fan, you'd be scratching your head about Nero, the villain. What was he doing for 25 years while Kirk grows up? Don't warn his homeworld in advance, don't sell his ship's awesome tech for money, nothing.

I finally know what fans of the old BSG felt when the new series came out. Yes, the new movie is shinier, and arguable better than the old series, but we just don't like it as much, if at all.

My favorite thing about the new universe is that there's a built in out. If Spock knew that his mother and the planet Vulcan survived in the alternate (original) timeline, don't you think he'd want to restore it?

Excalibur 03-29-2012 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by funkychinaman (Post 34555)
I finally know what fans of the old BSG felt when the new series came out. Yes, the new movie is shinier, and arguable better than the old series, but we just don't like it as much, if at all.

My favorite thing about the new universe is that there's a built in out. If Spock knew that his mother and the planet Vulcan survived in the alternate (original) timeline, don't you think he'd want to restore it?

The new BSG has no time line connection with the old one. There are references and cameos but the reboot Star Trek is in a parallel universe caused by something from the Prime universe which doesn't make sense. There's a whole agency in the future dedicated to correcting the timeline if it gets screwed up this badly.

k9870 03-29-2012 12:25 AM

I like the new battlestar galactica and new star trek

funkychinaman 03-29-2012 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Excalibur (Post 34564)
The new BSG has no time line connection with the old one. There are references and cameos but the reboot Star Trek is in a parallel universe caused by something from the Prime universe which doesn't make sense. There's a whole agency in the future dedicated to correcting the timeline if it gets screwed up this badly.

Ah, but what if Temporal Investigations was never founded because its founder was a Vulcan, a Vulcan who died or was never born. And don't you think Old Spock would New Spock, "This is not supposed to be the way things are, but there's this thing called the 'Guardian of Forever'..."

Excalibur 03-29-2012 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by funkychinaman (Post 34567)
Ah, but what if Temporal Investigations was never founded because its founder was a Vulcan, a Vulcan who died or was never born. And don't you think Old Spock would New Spock, "This is not supposed to be the way things are, but there's this thing called the 'Guardian of Forever'..."

There was never any indication in the canon that the Temporal Investigation was founded on Vulcan they have tech in the future like ships that exist outside of time.

AdAstra2009 03-29-2012 01:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by S&Wshooter (Post 34554)
This month alone (purchased):

The Dead
Eraser
Exiled
Full Metal Jacket
Harry Brown
The Last Boy Scout
Passenger 57
Point of No Return
Running Scared
Sin City
Undead
Unforgiven
Vengeance

That was a horrible choice...

S&Wshooter 03-29-2012 01:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AdAstra2009 (Post 34569)
That was a horrible choice...

Meh, it wasn't too bad

S&Wshooter 03-29-2012 02:03 AM

I think I'll watch Passenger 57 in a little bit

funkychinaman 03-30-2012 04:51 PM

So it's come to this...

To be fair, I liked Twins. My dad took my brother and I to see it when it came out... in 1988. They may have waited too long.

Swordfish941 04-01-2012 02:15 AM

I saw 21 Jump Street today. It was pretty hilarious, and the Johnny Depp and Peter DeLuise cameos were awesome. But the worse part of the film was Channing "Ghetto Mushmouth" Tatum.

funkychinaman 04-03-2012 02:00 PM

Speaking of sequels that may have waited too long...

MT2008 04-03-2012 02:10 PM

Saw "The Hunger Games" this past weekend because my fiancee and two of her friends wanted to see it. I enjoyed it more than I expected to.

SPEMack618 04-03-2012 02:15 PM

Saw "21 Jump Street" last weekend and it was hilarious.

Saw "The Hunger Games" last night and thoroughly enjoyed, however, I kept thinking to myself that when the folks in District 11 were trying to revolt, a few Mini-14s would have evened the odds in thier favor. (pun somewhat intended)

Excalibur 04-03-2012 04:05 PM

21 Jump Street was funny as hell.

The Hunger Games was ok. I liked it better when it was called Battle Royale

MT2008 04-03-2012 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Excalibur (Post 34641)
The Hunger Games was ok. I liked it better when it was called Battle Royale

I told my fiancee the exact same thing. We're not the first people to notice, either: Accusations of "The Hunger Games" being a "Battle Royale" rip-off are so prevalent right now that the NY Times even had an article which discussed the similarities:

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/04/10/ma...pagewanted=all

Excalibur 04-03-2012 06:31 PM

The problem with Battle Royale the movie is that it is too short. There is not enough character development between the other kids or even a grasp of what this alternate Japan is really like. The book and the manga however illustrated it very well.

The Hunger Games movie has a problem of being "too safe". A lot of tell, not show. And a lot of shaky camera action. I saw it on IMAX and was dizzy half the time. I think it's a good idea to make it into more than one movie to expand the story.

In the story of Battle Royale, it isn't like the students were broadcast for the whole world to see. They were monitored via satellite but there was no real hint that there was an actual TV show viewed by the public. The Hunger Games makes it seemed like American Gladiator but doing actual gladiatorial combat.