imfdb.org

imfdb.org (http://forum.imfdb.org/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://forum.imfdb.org/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   New Video Games/ Movies (http://forum.imfdb.org/showthread.php?t=1091)

Spartan198 09-13-2016 11:25 PM

Not exactly new per se, as most of my "new" games are these days, but I got the Mad Max game that came out last year. If you like Mad Max and/or post-apocalyptic fiction and GTA like I do, you'll love this because it's just that---a post-apocalyptic GTA centered around our favorite road warrior, just with more focus on hand-to-hand combat instead of gunplay because of the limited supply of ammunition.

The voice actor for Max does a pretty good impression of Tom Hardy (though I'm not sure if it's intentional or not) and you can customize Max with various jackets and heads with varying hair/beard length and goggles or no goggles, but the character model looks a little too much like Resident Evil's Chris Redfield IMO.

The V8 Interceptor which I assume we all love gets wrecked in the opening cutscene and you don't get it back until the end of the game, but the car you do drive the majority of the time can be customized with different bodies including one resembling the Falcon XB GT Coupe that the Interceptor was based on (though I'm partial to the Mustang Fastback myself, not quite sure why ;)) and the rest of the customization is pretty deep as well. Engines, wheels, superchargers, suspension, etc..

The game world is every bit of what you'd expect in Max's world: desolate, littered with the skeletal remains of civilization, full of roving bands of marauders, and so on. It's actually quite beautiful, in a dystopian kind of way.

Excalibur 09-16-2016 03:08 PM

I really don't like how Capcom is essentially capitalizing on the whole first person horror games with the new Resident Evil. It can be called any other game but so far, I don't see any ties to the previous games and it begin a first person type of game with obvious PT elements to try to creep you out...not impressed. I played the demo, it was like Silent Hill

Swordfish941 09-16-2016 09:56 PM

And speaking of Silent Hill, I've recently saw the trailers for Silents Hills, and I have to say that it was a fucking crime that this game was canceled. It looked really damn spooky and would of been interesting to play.

Hopefully Death Stranding will make up for this.

Spartan198 09-18-2016 04:41 AM

Yeah, I had high hopes that Silent Hills would revive the horror genre, too. Resident Evil is no longer horror, despite what Capcom and its loyalists say. I had one guy claim after RE5 that "there's horror in the sense that you have to survive it." To this day, I still have no clue what that even means. :confused:

Excalibur 09-19-2016 06:52 PM

RE5 was the last OK Resident Evil game. It was more like RE 4.5 with updated graphics and just as bad as an inventory system. RE6 broke the camel's back

I've just recently started playing the Resident Evil Remastered HD game. Widescreen and in 1080p and it's pretty awesome. Reminded me why I loved the series so much.

S&Wshooter 09-22-2016 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Excalibur (Post 42983)
RE5 was the last OK Resident Evil game. It was more like RE 4.5 with updated graphics and just as bad as an inventory system. RE6 broke the camel's back

It stops being scary when you get the infinite ammo S&W revolvers and can just gently molest even the bosses with no issue

Excalibur 09-22-2016 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by S&Wshooter (Post 42984)
It stops being scary when you get the infinite ammo S&W revolvers and can just gently molest even the bosses with no issue

Well, that's during the second playthrough. When you first start playing RE4, it is pretty brutal.

S&Wshooter 09-26-2016 06:23 PM

I got Day of Infamy, and man is it hard. Seems like only full sized rifles do anything, too, since quite a few times I've popped people in the face with 12 gauge, 9mm, and 8mm Kurz to no effect, blood spray and all

Excalibur 09-29-2016 02:59 PM

Anyone want to do Siege of Jadotville when it comes out on Netflix next month?

SPEMack618 09-29-2016 03:04 PM

Ahem, according to Michael Gross' facebook there will be a tremors six