imfdb.org

imfdb.org (http://forum.imfdb.org/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://forum.imfdb.org/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   New Video Games/ Movies (http://forum.imfdb.org/showthread.php?t=1091)

k9870 03-16-2011 01:06 AM

Homefront, got it. Well, graphics are a bit dated but gameplay is fun, didn't quite get the "resistance fighter" vibe though, the amount of bad guys you waste makes you feel like a COD character. Also, they got the one thing that seems like the cool thing for developers of video games to do but i think blows, a silent hero. People like them, i want a character who feels real and solid, not a nameless dude. Online servgers are down so cant judge it yet, the little i played seemed cool though, i like having vehicles online. Also, the only pistol in game is the goddamn beretta, at least it isnt nuetered down to 12 shots which seems to be the fad in games now. Some weapons make no sense, the m16 is single shot only, and it and the m4 hold 20 while acr and scar are 30.

Excalibur 03-16-2011 03:52 AM

Well I like the M16 being semi so it's more of a marksman rifle. I have no problem with that since apparently we can only hold up to a max of 90 rounds, which translates to...3 mags? I know they wanted to make the whole feel of "ammo is scarce" but with you dropping Norks with well placed shots and picking up their ammo, it doesn't make sense.

Also the weird part and somewhat good on a gameplay standpoint is not sharing ammo. I can hold 2 M4s apparently and they each have their own ammo.

I hate the part where we only have the Beretta as the ONLY pistol in the game. The controls is a bit slow and rough compared to say Modern Warfare 2 or Bad Company 2. Also there is no definite ending. We have this big battle in San Fran and that's it. No epilogue about what happens next or anything. And I wish we get actual cutscenes instead of in game cutscenes. Also the AI for your allies are half stupid. They also love to show you out of the way or dont move if you bump into them. Occasionally we get animation problems like in one scene, your friends get into a truck and it shows them getting into the truck and sitting down OUTSIDE of the truck, they are just floating there.

The helicopter scene is a bit rough, I had some problems flying and shooting it.

The plus side is that enemies don't take entire mags to kill. Though as I said before, the controls are a bit stiff and don't feel as smooth as they should be.

funkychinaman 03-17-2011 10:54 PM

According to the article below, Liam Neeson is coming back to do a sequel to Taken. I loved Taken, but I don't think they should make it a franchise. If they're not careful, it could turn into the Death Wish series.

http://www.deadline.com/2011/03/big-...n-and-taken-2/

S&Wshooter 03-18-2011 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by funkychinaman (Post 26822)
According to the article below, Liam Neeson is coming back to do a sequel to Taken. I loved Taken, but I don't think they should make it a franchise. If they're not careful, it could turn into the Death Wish series.

http://www.deadline.com/2011/03/big-...n-and-taken-2/

Not enough Bronson

Swordfish941 03-18-2011 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by S&Wshooter (Post 26827)
Not enough Bronson

We could always add in the ghost of Bronson.

k9870 03-18-2011 01:36 AM

Online play is nice, i like the battle point system.

I liked the character of connor morgan, he was a machiavellian type but one who got the job done. the main guy however is one of my pet peeves, a silent hero.

The ending it says the military took back san fransisco, but theyre probably set up for a sequel so dont want the whole country liberated or anything.

S&Wshooter 03-18-2011 01:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by k9870 (Post 26830)
Online play is nice, i like the battle point system.

I liked the character of connor morgan, he was a machiavellian type but one who got the job done. the main guy however is one of my pet peeves, a silent hero.

The ending it says the military took back san fransisco, but theyre probably set up for a sequel so dont want the whole country liberated or anything.

Why San Francisco? I'd be a better idea to take back somewhere important, like Texas City with it's refineries, or somewhere with a big ass military weapons stockpile

k9870 03-18-2011 02:12 AM

NK woyuld have to take the coast first, and it would make sense to use major ports.

Excalibur 03-18-2011 04:30 AM

A leak confirmed that there will be two DLC with three single player missions for each one. It was confirmed that you will play the same guy, Robert Jacobs, again pushing the Korean army out of California.

The second DLC will assume the role of an SAS soldier with his squad taking back Hawaii from the Koreans.

These DLC are supposed to prelude to the sequel, which takes place in London. THQ also said that they are thinking of making the Middle East as a possible enemy

k9870 03-21-2011 11:12 PM

Gonna use up my last gamestop giftcard and a couple trades on crysis 2 tomorrow, ill tell ya all a little review when i beat it.