imfdb.org

imfdb.org (http://forum.imfdb.org/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://forum.imfdb.org/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   New Video Games/ Movies (http://forum.imfdb.org/showthread.php?t=1091)

Swordfish941 12-15-2012 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil Tim (Post 37172)
Also, I've just seen this trailer and I want to watch that movie and possibly marry it.

I want to see that badly. If it's successful, it could lead to other Giant Robot movies.

MT2008 12-15-2012 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Excalibur (Post 37169)
I don't know what movie this is

Um, I just told you the name of the movie in the post, dude...it's called "Ten" and it is directed by David Ayer. They're filming it in Atlanta now.

Excalibur 12-16-2012 05:04 AM

I thought you were spelling out the number...I know, stupid me.

You know what else caught my eye about Arnold in this photo? For the first time ever, Arnold is displaying trigger discipline

Evil Tim 12-16-2012 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by funkychinaman (Post 37173)
The rear sight seems okay, but that front sight, wow.

Maybe it's supposed to double as a tiny bayonet?

MT2008 12-16-2012 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Excalibur (Post 37180)
You know what else caught my eye about Arnold in this photo? For the first time ever, Arnold is displaying trigger discipline

If it's a David Ayer movie, I would imagine that Arnie and the rest of the cast went through extensive firearms training, exactly as Keanu Reeves did for "Street Kings". So expect a similar level of realism here.

Swordfish941 12-17-2012 05:06 AM

I may get shit for this, but I absolutely hated Neon Genesis Evangelion. Too much angst and nihilism, and I couldn't fucking stand Shinji. I got sick of him quick with his spinelessness and feeling sorry for himself all of the time.

I don't mean to piss any Evangelion fans off. I'm just saying that its not my cup of tea.

Evil Tim 12-17-2012 06:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swordfish941 (Post 37198)
I may get shit for this, but I absolutely hated Neon Genesis Evangelion. Too much angst and nihilism, and I couldn't fucking stand Shinji. I got sick of him quick with his spinelessness and feeling sorry for himself all of the time.

You're not actually supposed to like Shinji, the show is about what would happen if you put a real nervous loser into the situation depicted in giant robot anime (ie he would become a nervous loser with severe shellshock).

Excalibur 12-17-2012 01:16 PM

Actually the manga adaption and the new Rebuild series, Shinji is actually tolerable and much less emo and whiny

Evil Tim 12-17-2012 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Excalibur (Post 37206)
Actually the manga adaption and the new Rebuild series, Shinji is actually tolerable and much less emo and whiny

Well yeah, but that's in part because Anno isn't clinically depressed anymore and so can make characters he doesn't actively hate.

Swordfish941 12-17-2012 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Excalibur (Post 37206)

Does he still masturbate to comatose girls?