imfdb.org

imfdb.org (http://forum.imfdb.org/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://forum.imfdb.org/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   New Video Games/ Movies (http://forum.imfdb.org/showthread.php?t=1091)

Excalibur 03-28-2012 04:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeardedHoplite (Post 34527)
I scored the entire series of Neon genesis Evangelon for 15 bucks today.

Awesome. You will either love the show or hate it. Love/hate relationship for me

Also saw 21 Jump Street and Hunger Games. Both good movie

Spartan198 03-28-2012 04:53 AM

The new Star Trek is awesome, and that's coming from someone who isn't even an ST fan.

Excalibur 03-28-2012 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spartan198 (Post 34542)
The new Star Trek is awesome, and that's coming from someone who isn't even an ST fan.

If you were, you wouldn't like it that much.

Even if you are NOT a Star Trek fan, you'd be scratching your head about Nero, the villain. What was he doing for 25 years while Kirk grows up? Don't warn his homeworld in advance, don't sell his ship's awesome tech for money, nothing.

S&Wshooter 03-28-2012 07:27 PM

This month alone (purchased):

The Dead
Eraser
Exiled
Full Metal Jacket
Harry Brown
The Last Boy Scout
Passenger 57
Point of No Return
Running Scared
Sin City
Undead
Unforgiven
Vengeance

My name is S&Wshooter, and I am addicted to collecting movies

funkychinaman 03-28-2012 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Excalibur (Post 34550)
If you were, you wouldn't like it that much.

Even if you are NOT a Star Trek fan, you'd be scratching your head about Nero, the villain. What was he doing for 25 years while Kirk grows up? Don't warn his homeworld in advance, don't sell his ship's awesome tech for money, nothing.

I finally know what fans of the old BSG felt when the new series came out. Yes, the new movie is shinier, and arguable better than the old series, but we just don't like it as much, if at all.

My favorite thing about the new universe is that there's a built in out. If Spock knew that his mother and the planet Vulcan survived in the alternate (original) timeline, don't you think he'd want to restore it?

Excalibur 03-29-2012 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by funkychinaman (Post 34555)
I finally know what fans of the old BSG felt when the new series came out. Yes, the new movie is shinier, and arguable better than the old series, but we just don't like it as much, if at all.

My favorite thing about the new universe is that there's a built in out. If Spock knew that his mother and the planet Vulcan survived in the alternate (original) timeline, don't you think he'd want to restore it?

The new BSG has no time line connection with the old one. There are references and cameos but the reboot Star Trek is in a parallel universe caused by something from the Prime universe which doesn't make sense. There's a whole agency in the future dedicated to correcting the timeline if it gets screwed up this badly.

k9870 03-29-2012 12:25 AM

I like the new battlestar galactica and new star trek

funkychinaman 03-29-2012 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Excalibur (Post 34564)
The new BSG has no time line connection with the old one. There are references and cameos but the reboot Star Trek is in a parallel universe caused by something from the Prime universe which doesn't make sense. There's a whole agency in the future dedicated to correcting the timeline if it gets screwed up this badly.

Ah, but what if Temporal Investigations was never founded because its founder was a Vulcan, a Vulcan who died or was never born. And don't you think Old Spock would New Spock, "This is not supposed to be the way things are, but there's this thing called the 'Guardian of Forever'..."

Excalibur 03-29-2012 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by funkychinaman (Post 34567)
Ah, but what if Temporal Investigations was never founded because its founder was a Vulcan, a Vulcan who died or was never born. And don't you think Old Spock would New Spock, "This is not supposed to be the way things are, but there's this thing called the 'Guardian of Forever'..."

There was never any indication in the canon that the Temporal Investigation was founded on Vulcan they have tech in the future like ships that exist outside of time.

AdAstra2009 03-29-2012 01:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by S&Wshooter (Post 34554)
This month alone (purchased):

The Dead
Eraser
Exiled
Full Metal Jacket
Harry Brown
The Last Boy Scout
Passenger 57
Point of No Return
Running Scared
Sin City
Undead