imfdb.org

imfdb.org (http://forum.imfdb.org/index.php)
-   Guns & Movies (http://forum.imfdb.org/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Restrepo (http://forum.imfdb.org/showthread.php?t=1148)

Mr. Chuckles 07-19-2010 02:38 PM

Restrepo

Will one of the more talented folks on IMFDB please create a wiki page on Restrepo? Just saw it, very good movie. Thanks!

-Mr. Chuckles

AdAstra2009 07-19-2010 03:32 PM

It's not out on DVD yet....So no can do.

PersonOfInterest 07-19-2010 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Chuckles (Post 15685)
Will one of the more talented folks on IMFDB please create a wiki page on Restrepo? Just saw it, very good movie. Thanks!

-Mr. Chuckles

This is the second thread of this type today. Isn't there a rule against this sort of thing?

Zulu Two Six 07-19-2010 07:49 PM

lol that's exactly what i was thinking POI
two people have REQUESTED pages be made
and i dont think they can do that either

Mr. Chuckles 07-19-2010 08:19 PM

Sorry about that, just thought I'd ask. I'll refrain from doing it next time.

Mr. Chuckles 07-19-2010 08:23 PM

I did notice, however, that there is a page on Predators, despite the fact that this is not yet out on DVD either.

predator20 07-19-2010 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Chuckles (Post 15740)
I did notice, however, that there is a page on Predators, despite the fact that this is not yet out on DVD either.

People watch it in theaters and get promo images from the net. But the Predators page won't be complete until it's released on dvd and someone caps it.

You can still build a page for Restrepo, without any screencaps, just list the weapons used and a description. But it's preferred not to start a page unless it can be completed.

Clutch 07-20-2010 02:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by predator20 (Post 15742)
People watch it in theaters and get promo images from the net. But the Predators page won't be complete until it's released on dvd and someone caps it.

You can still build a page for Restrepo, without any screencaps, just list the weapons used and a description. But it's preferred not to start a page unless it can be completed.

In addition, make sure that you have good descriptions. Not simple, one line "Used by Joe Blow" deals and not spoiler-filled ones - though if the last one can't be helped, then mark the page accordingly.

MT2008 07-20-2010 02:50 AM

Hold up one second..."Restrepo" is the documentary version of the book "War" by Sebastian Junger. It's a great book (I happen to be reading it now), and I'm sure the film is just as good, but the problem is that documentaries are outside the scope of IMFDB. We cover weapons in fiction, not documentaries.

AdAstra2009 07-20-2010 03:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by predator20 (Post 15742)

I believe that is against IMFDB regulations per the section regarding weak/lame pages.