imfdb.org

imfdb.org (http://forum.imfdb.org/index.php)
-   Guns & Movies (http://forum.imfdb.org/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Smith & Wesson Revolvers (http://forum.imfdb.org/showthread.php?t=19)

MoviePropMaster2008 12-02-2008 03:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MT2008 (Post 133)
They didn't? I've seen a picture of one of the very earliest PT92s, and it looked just like the original 92 (not the 92F, though). However, I guess it's harder to think of the PT92 as an exact 92 clone since there's almost no interchangeability of parts (as I discovered when I tried to put a 92F mag in my own PT92).

Actually the early models look very much alike but you're right, there is NO interchangeablility of parts between them. And the mags don't fit. I wouldn't have tubs of separate Taurus and Beretta High cap mags if they weren't different! h ahahahahaha :) But looking very similar isn't enough to declare the early Taurii (plural? hahaha) exact clones of the berettas. I wouldn't put any of the STAR pistols (Modelo A, B, Super) under the 1911 category, even though they are often used as 1911s. :)

BTW, I love the STAR pistols. They fire really fast, much faster than an 1911 and they chamber in 9mm so there one less caliber I have to bring to set and if it's not a historical film, the Stars are just as good as any 1911 clone to be seen on film. :)

Yournamehere 12-02-2008 03:04 AM

I personally think they're ugly as sin, but the one they used in Phantasm was formed so perfectly and plated so shiny I couldn't stop drooling. He shouldn't have called it a "Colt Army Issue" though.

MT2008 12-02-2008 03:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MoviePropMaster2008 (Post 142)
BTW, I love the STAR pistols. They fire really fast, much faster than an 1911 and they chamber in 9mm so there one less caliber I have to bring to set and if it's not a historical film, the Stars are just as good as any 1911 clone to be seen on film. :)

Not to mention easier for Hollywood's limp-wristers to fire...(I always figured that was the reason some films use the Star?)

MoviePropMaster2008 12-02-2008 03:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yournamehere (Post 143)
I personally think they're ugly as sin, but the one they used in Phantasm was formed so perfectly and plated so shiny I couldn't stop drooling. He shouldn't have called it a "Colt Army Issue" though.

Phantasm? Did you mean Phantasm 2? It's been a while but I don't remember a 1911 in the first Phantasm movie....

MoviePropMaster2008 12-02-2008 03:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MT2008 (Post 144)
Not to mention easier for Hollywood's limp-wristers to fire...(I always figured that was the reason some films use the Star?)

Nah, gay actors shoot the same as straight actors ... ;)

MT2008 12-02-2008 03:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MoviePropMaster2008 (Post 147)
Nah, gay actors shoot the same as straight actors ... ;)

LOL! Dude, do all armorers have your sense of humor? :D

Yournamehere 12-02-2008 03:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MoviePropMaster2008 (Post 146)
Phantasm? Did you mean Phantasm 2? It's been a while but I don't remember a 1911 in the first Phantasm movie....

Yeah, when Jody goes to check out Morningside, he loads a silver Star Model B, saying

"I'm just gonna go up there and take
a look around. Nobody's gonna see me.

But, heck, a Colt army issue
will put a man down and keep him there."

and takes it with him. When the Jawa thing jumps him, he draws it, and fires the gun backwards into it. When he draws it, though, there's a brief zoom in on the gun, where you see the external extractor, making it a Star.

I've never seen Phantasm 2 though.

Gunmaster45 12-02-2008 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MoviePropMaster2008 (Post 129)
Huh? I checked and I refreshed several times just to be sure. Are you sure we're all talking about the same page? The M1911 pages?

Yeah, I'm talking about the M1911 page. I cleaned it up by putting the image above the title to even them out. The image is slightly above the title but every image lines up with its information now.