imfdb.org

imfdb.org (http://forum.imfdb.org/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://forum.imfdb.org/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   New Video Games/ Movies (http://forum.imfdb.org/showthread.php?t=1091)

Spartan198 07-16-2011 11:41 PM

If it's done right, it might work. I'm incredibly distressed at the thought of Channing Tatum in the titular role, but only time will tell what happens there.

On a slightly similar note, is anyone here looking forward to the new Conan flick coming out next month?

Swordfish941 07-17-2011 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spartan198 (Post 31080)
If it's done right, it might work. I'm incredibly distressed at the thought of Channing Tatum in the titular role, but only time will tell what happens there.

On a slightly similar note, is anyone here looking forward to the new Conan flick coming out next month?

Anybody but Tatum for He-Man (I personally want Skarsgård for He-Man). But as long as the director knows what he is doing, it could be good.

As for Conan, the director's resume isn't particularly good (he directed the remakes of The Texas Chainsaw Massacre and Friday the 13th which critics hated). However, they do have Ronon from Stargate Altlantis as Conan, so it could be good.

Spartan198 07-17-2011 03:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swordfish941 (Post 31081)
Anybody but Tatum for He-Man (I personally want Skarsgård for He-Man). But as long as the director knows what he is doing, it could be good.

Alexander Skarsgard?

Quote:

As for Conan, the director's resume isn't particularly good (he directed the remakes of The Texas Chainsaw Massacre and Friday the 13th which critics hated). However, they do have Ronon from Stargate Altlantis as Conan, so it could be good.
Professional critics suck, I don't pay any attention to those yahoos anymore. I liked both said remakes. Directors' resumes don't mean squat to me either, as I go in with a totally open mind and judge movies on an individual basis. ;)

Swordfish941 07-17-2011 04:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spartan198 (Post 31083)
Alexander Skarsgard?

Yes. Brad "Iceman" Colbert on Generation Kill and Eric Northman on True Blood. Just beef him up and he's my ideal He-Man. You got a problem with that?

funkychinaman 07-17-2011 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swordfish941 (Post 31075)
Dude, they already made a He-man in '87 with Dolph Lundgren. Everyone thought it was terrible. Another one that is properly made couldn't hurt, right?

Yes, it was terrible, but it also came at the absolute zenith of He-man's popularity, so it made sense to do it then. It's been almost a decade since the last He-man revival.

k9870 07-17-2011 10:32 PM

Cant wait to play the next fallout dlc.

Milkovich 07-18-2011 07:12 PM

Finished AC2. The final few sequences have enough logic and plot holes to fill a dozen other titles. Still, ordered Brotherhood.

k9870 07-18-2011 07:14 PM

AC games are good, but known for crappy endings and plot holes. One thing i hate, is the way they did dlc, they leave out sections of game, and almost instantly release it (while games like fallout develop dlc over time and account or user feedback, releaseing a polished product later) AC decides to make you pay or what should have been released in the first place.

BeardedHoplite 07-18-2011 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by k9870 (Post 31123)
AC games are good, but known for crappy endings and plot holes.

If you believe Ubisoft saying Revelations will end the series up then there's gonna be alot of holes to fill.

The Wierd It 07-18-2011 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeardedHoplite (Post 31125)
If you believe Ubisoft saying Revelations will end the series up then there's gonna be alot of holes to fill.

I thought they were saying there was another numbered game with yet another new PC coming after Revelations?